OT: Aaron Rodgers QB rating over the past 9 weeks is 81.1, lowest among all starters

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This thread is sad.

The Packers defense is shit. If anyone wants to argue that the Bears defense is shittier, great.

The Packers offensive line sucks. It has for a long time. But I have learned in this thread that it was Top 5! Maybe even #1! OMG!. Whoever the hell said that has never watched more than a handful of Packer games in recent years.

Rodgers is playing awful this year by his standards. 30 TD's and 7 interceptions. Awful.

Rodgers doesn't make players better. Jennings was pretty solid with GB, went to average after Rodgers. Jones was let go from everywhere after Rodgers. Rodgers was able to help extend Driver's career to age 37. We don't know what Nelson would be without Rodgers.

The comparisons to Cutler are just awesome. I have been as big a supporter of Super Jay Cutler as anyone around here. But really? It's 9 selective games.

Rodgers didn't just magically go from arguably one of the best (if not the best) quarterbacks in the league, a league that includes Brady and Manning, and just forget how to play.

mecha

Liked Posts:
This thread is sad.

The Packers defense is shit. If anyone wants to argue that the Bears defense is shittier, great.

The Packers offensive line sucks. It has for a long time. But I have learned in this thread that it was Top 5! Maybe even #1! OMG!. Whoever the hell said that has never watched more than a handful of Packer games in recent years.

Rodgers is playing awful this year by his standards. 30 TD's and 7 interceptions. Awful.

Rodgers doesn't make players better. Jennings was pretty solid with GB, went to average after Rodgers. Jones was let go from everywhere after Rodgers. Rodgers was able to help extend Driver's career to age 37. We don't know what Nelson would be without Rodgers.

The comparisons to Cutler are just awesome. I have been as big a supporter of Super Jay Cutler as anyone around here. But really? It's 9 selective games.

Rodgers didn't just magically go from arguably one of the best (if not the best) quarterbacks in the league, a league that includes Brady and Manning, and just forget how to play.

I'm sad it's reached 10 pages.

people have nothing else better to do with their time but to argue about 2 teams that are worlds apart and your dickhead quarterback.

I feel sad for you every day that you are all about the green and yellow. (it's yellow, it's not gold)

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
And in that time he's thrown for 15 touchdowns and five interceptions. Something isn't adding up.

mecha

Liked Posts:
And in that time he's thrown for 15 touchdowns and five interceptions. Something isn't adding up.

I guess when Eddie Lacy is your RB you need to score points somehow. they at least grasp that field goals are pussy shit right?

mecha

Liked Posts:
This thread was actually started to talk about the last 9 games but feel free to help the other Rodgers worshipers try to turn it into it into something else.

The last 9 weeks Rodgers has thrown

195 completions
346 attempts
56%
15 TD
5 INT
2039 passing yards
5.89 yards per attempt
10.45 per completion
81.1 rating

It is the worst rating over the last 9 games. If you don't want to talk about that then don't. If you want to pretend he didn't do that badly over the last 9 weeks or make excuses for him that's also fine. If you want to turn it into being about something other than Rodgers having a bad 9 game run that's fine too.

Just don't get so butt-hurt when Bears fans are enjoying their hated HOF quality QB having a down stretch of games. If this bothers you, then maybe you should avoid reading threads on the Bears forums during that time?

hey man, his accuracy aside (which honestly, who gives a shit if you're still moving the ball and getting first downs?), those are pretty good stats. just not for him when he had elite receiving talent to work with.

Tom Brady and (Colts/prime) Peyton Manning are still the kings of taking random dudes and making them look good.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm sad it's reached 10 pages.

people have nothing else better to do with their time but to argue about 2 teams that are worlds apart and your dickhead quarterback.

I feel sad for you every day that you are all about the green and yellow. (it's yellow, it's not gold)

No. it is gold.

athletic%20gold%202_zps5hrpdgw0.jpg

mecha

Liked Posts:
that's like a vanity title for yellow that your team made up.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This thread was actually started to talk about the last 9 games but feel free to help the other Rodgers worshipers try to turn it into it into something else.

195 completions
346 attempts
56%
15 TD
5 INT
2039 passing yards
5.89 yards per attempt
10.45 per completion
81.1 rating

It is the worst rating over the last 9 games. If you don't want to talk about that then don't. If you want to pretend he didn't do that badly over the last 9 weeks or make excuses for him that's also fine. If you want to turn it into being about something other than Rodgers having a bad 9 game run that's fine too.

Just don't get so butt-hurt when Bears fans are enjoying their hated HOF quality QB having a down stretch of games. If this bothers you, then maybe you should avoid reading threads on the Bears forums during that time?

I'm not butt hurt that Rodgers is playing like a mortal quarterback. I just find it sad the lengths that people will reach to try to put it all on Rodgers. The great DE and the great Line? The Packers are struggling (by struggling I mean in the playoffs but not picked to go to the Super Bowl). Rodgers is part of the struggle. Things need to change. I am confident that they will.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Most likely the Packers/Rodgers will be fine next year. Not sure about how the rest of this year plays out but that remains to be seen soon enough. It wouldn't surprise me to see their O-line start playing well again and Rodgers starts being able to take all day long to put up crazy good stats.

Pretty much agree with you. Not sure how this year will play out but I think next year with Montgomery and Nelson, the offense will be back to normal. Hopefully they can add another receiver besides Janis and Abberderis, The Packer faith in white WR's makes me shake my head.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Okay lets take into account the teams the Packers played during that 9 game stretch.

Denver vs Green Bay Week 8.....Denver wins in a 29-10 blowout with Denver having Peyton Manning throw for 0 TD and 1 INT

Rodgers
77 passing yards
0 TD
0 INT
1 Fumble
1 Safety

Packers 140 total yards of offense

Denver vs Chicago Week 11....Denver wins 17-15 in a close game with Denver having Brock Osweiler throws for 2 TD 0 INT
Bears lose with 24 seconds left on a failed 2 pt conversion attempt.

Cutler
265 passing yards
0 TD
1 INT
1 Fumble
0 Safeties

Bears 347 total yards of offense

Is this the type of comparison you were looking for?

yeah sure lets stop there, otherwise you make my point.

Bears opponents record over the last 9 games is 69-65
Packers opponents record over the last 9 games is 76-58

Dumbass

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

195 completions
346 attempts
56%
15 TD
5 INT
2039 passing yards
5.89 yards per attempt
10.45 per completion
81.1 rating

Who has done all the math here? I can tell you those numbers don't come out to an 81.1 so I'm also doubting the math done for all other starters for the last 9 weeks in order to say Rodgers is lowest.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I do agree that the 15 TD & 5 INT keeps his low rating from being overly important but it is crazy to see Rodgers being listed as the lowest rated QB over a 9 game stretch is it not? Especially seeing how he melted down yesterday against Arizona.

Points per minutes of possession:

Green bay 14th
Chicago 30th

Red zone efficiency

Green Bay 16 th
Chicago 24th

I guess them 30 TD's mean something?

Again.......Scoreboard Bitch

Green Bay is 10-5 and going to the playoffs
Chicago is 6-9 and playing the loser bowl with Detroit

Chicago's defense is rated higher than Green Bay

Game/Set/Match

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

I'd sworn this was the case but this thread had me reconsidering temporarily. Should've known better than that.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
I do agree that the 15 TD & 5 INT keeps his low rating from being overly important but it is crazy to see Rodgers being listed as the lowest rated QB over a 9 game stretch is it not? Especially seeing how he melted down yesterday against Arizona.

Melted down? He was running for his life on every snap. That was a classic case of no pass protection for Rodgers, sort of like that 2010 game against New Orleans for Cutler where the. Bears went seven step drop five man protection against seven man blitzes.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Holding onto the ball forever has nothing to do with those sack totals of course.

Last year the Packers O-line was a legit top 5 possibly #1 O-line in the NFL and he still took sacks because he holds onto the ball forever.

Last year was his lowest sack per pass attempt, so I'm not sure your point.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
So the next time Cutler is under intense pressure the entire game. When he throws an awful redzone INT with the score 10-0 right before the half. Then fumbles it 3 times and 2 of them are returned for TD's. You wont be complaining that Cutler needs better pocket presence and that he sucks that day?

That has happened more often for Cutler, no?