OT: Eli Manning HOF?

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Absolutely NO WAY.
-Lifetime 84.1 QBR.
-1.5 TD to INT ratio.
-Best year was a 93.6 QBR. That doesn't even best Trubisky's best season. If you can't produce a season better than Mitch, the HOF is an absolute joke.
Yep......this plus do you really put a career 500 QB into the HOF. Even with the rings he does not belong.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Rivers had a shit team? Since when were the LaDamian Tomlinson years shit?
He whooped ass with LT.
But from 09/10 on, he played in a phone booth.

beyond that, aside from Gates at te, he never had a shit ton of receivers. Jackson was servicable, but the Jackson/floyd combo success was more on Rivers than them. They amounted to nothing elsewhere.
going through the last decade with the lines he did was criminal, but he still manage to put together quite a few outstanding seasons.

... the bullshit about not moving to LA is where I was done watching him. Dude was travelling 6 hours round trip for practices and home games and it showed.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I never did like him a single bit... But he is a lock for sure.

To be the opposing qb for the only team to beat brady in a super bowl, and do it twice, that assures a first ballot HOF spot.

That said, he was the 3rd best QB in his draft.

Foles as well beat him

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

To be the opposing qb for the only team to beat brady in a super bowl, and do it twice, that assures a first ballot HOF spot.

And the 3rd best QB in his family too ... so far.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Blind lucky? yes.
Not very good except a couple hot streaks? Yes.

... but the 2 rings vs. the Brady led pats are gonna get him in easy. I hate it, but he will be in. Undoubtedly.
So does Foles have one foot inside the Hall of Fame already?

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He whooped ass with LT.
But from 09/10 on, he played in a phone booth.

beyond that, aside from Gates at te, he never had a shit ton of receivers. Jackson was servicable, but the Jackson/floyd combo success was more on Rivers than them. They amounted to nothing elsewhere.
going through the last decade with the lines he did was criminal, but he still manage to put together quite a few outstanding seasons.

... the bullshit about not moving to LA is where I was done watching him. Dude was travelling 6 hours round trip for practices and home games and it showed.
VJax was a beast. Floyd was good. Gates was a beast.

Let’s also not forget he played two years with Matt “carry the entire team” Slauson. That alone disqualifies all of Rivers ‘16 and ‘17 stats.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Eli Manning is a mouthbreather. why you all have let this go unnoticed blows my mind.

gallagher

Ave Atque Vale
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Honestly I hope he doesn't. My entire argument for keeping Aaron Rodgers out of the HoF is that he has fewer rings than Eli, who also doesn't deserve to get in.

With Eli in the HoF there is no argument I can make against Rodgers. He is just better than Eli in every way, and his single SB win is just so embarrassingly few for a guy of his talent

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
If Mitch won two super bowls would you vote him in? Right now Mitch has better QB metrics.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Mitch won two super bowls would you vote him in? Right now Mitch has better QB metrics.
You have to get stats over the span of a career. You don't just take average years on a 4 year career.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Yeah but you have to adjust the metrics to the years they play. Eli was better among his peers than Mitch ever was with his.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Honestly I hope he doesn't. My entire argument for keeping Aaron Rodgers out of the HoF is that he has fewer rings than Eli, who also doesn't deserve to get in.

With Eli in the HoF there is no argument I can make against Rodgers. He is just better than Eli in every way, and his single SB win is just so embarrassingly few for a guy of his talent
There is zero argument to not have Rodgers in the HOF. None. Anyone who even attempts to make such an argument shouldn't be taken seriously.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Agreed. As much as I absolutely detest Rogers, he is a HOF no doubt. He has produced multiple MVP type seasons.

Eli vs his peers? I disagree. His absolute best year, 2015, where he turned in a 93.6 QBR, he was 13th in the league.

Guy also threw a ton of picks. 3% career INT percentage, that is just bad.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels

Wrong.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If I run the voting on manning, I 100% agree with you.

But the guy is gonna get in, and it will happen year 1.
There will be all sorts of love for him "beating brady" and "beating" both Brett Favre and Aaron rodgers on the way in.

The optics are there to re-write his day to day play.
What annoys me is he didn’t beat anyone. That’s Giants defense carried him like a broken anchor

Last edited:

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Shouldn’t even sniff the HoF

Hester deserves to get in infinitely more than Eli

gallagher

Ave Atque Vale
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
There is zero argument to not have Rodgers in the HOF. None. Anyone who even attempts to make such an argument shouldn't be taken seriously.
You need green text to see an obvious joke?

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
From a statistical standpoint, he simply is not a HOF'er. You have to compare him against his peers during the same era.

From Eli's 2nd season to his 15th season, he placed, on average, ~20th in QB rating in the league, ~19th in completion percentage, and 10.5th in TDs thrown. So overall, based on those 3 categories, you can say that more than half the league's QBs were consistently better than Eli throughout his career (at least regarding completion percentage and rating.)

That simply isn't good enough.

BUT, as others have mentioned.... His iron man streak and two sensational playoff runs may elevate him to HOF status.

Personally, as an individual player, I'm not sure that he deserves it. But I think he may make it, though it may take 10+ years to get in.

Last edited:

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When you are the only QB to Deny Brady two Superbowls, I think that is HOF worthy in of itself.