OT: Jaguars, Trevor Lawrence agree to 5-year, $275M deal

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Jags just basically capped themselves at 10-7 for the next few years, in a best case scenario. Highest possible finish is a divisional round loss. Maybe they’ll get lucky and go 11-6!

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I get that it's based off revenue which is huge. But eventually that will cap out. Idk where or when this growth stops but it'll be interesting to see. The cap has nearly doubled over the last 10 years. It'll likely grow another 50 million over the next 3 years or so. I have no clue when, but at some point that continued growth is unsustainable
Oh it's sustainable as long as there is no middle class which there isn't anymore. The rich keep getting exponentially richer while poor remain poor and everyone else either starts getting into the rich window or the poor window.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Literally no one has said that you stupid fuck.

I would 100% rather have fields and pay him 10m or whatever he was making for 1 year of "prove it" than pay trevor 55m a year for his mediocre ass play. He's a major reason the jags fell off last year.

msadows

Liked Posts:
People are correct however, the Jags have zero options and had to sign him. I'd have just let him play out year 4.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
It's the market and with the salary cap, it is what it is. Once you are in the franchise QB discussion. it doesn't matter how good you are compared to the truly elite guys. If you are worth keeping, you get the massive contract.

Lawrence is better though than people here realize. That last month of the season where everyone said he sucked.... he was playing hurt. Just look at what happened to his foot and ankle on that MNF game. To even play through that to close out the year was impressive.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I by no means think Lawrence is shit, but he's shown he's just mediocre. And if the Jags want to settle with that, have at it! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

The lions too paid goofy top dollar and one thing he's shown is he cant win anything, which is the reason the Rams got rid of him.

These teams dont have options, maybe they shoulda hireed Ryan Poles as GM and they'd have options.

msadows

Liked Posts:
It's the market and with the salary cap, it is what it is. Once you are in the franchise QB discussion. it doesn't matter how good you are compared to the truly elite guys. If you are worth keeping, you get the massive contract.

Lawrence is better though than people here realize. That last month of the season where everyone said he sucked.... he was playing hurt. Just look at what happened to his foot and ankle on that MNF game. To even play through that to close out the year was impressive.

I've had him in fantasy since a rookie, he's one of my keepers.

He's not better than people realize, he's legit average as fuck.

He's better than fields, but thats not a high bar to set. I'd rather have fields for no money and hope he improves than pay trevor 55m

He could get better cause the talent is there, but I watch him most weeks and I don't see a guy who's got top 5 talent.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
People are correct however, the Jags have zero options and had to sign him. I'd have just let him play out year 4.

He was on record as saying he wanted a deal before camp.

Like you said…. Jags had zero options.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If I were one of those guys I'd play one year on that contract and retire. Fuck risking your health when you can easily spend several lifetimes living in luxury and not having to worry about your brain being scrambled.

Well that’s why those guys get paid that. Normal people would do what you would. They’re just wired differently. I don’t even think it’s about the money. It’s about the respect that comes from being said “I got paid”.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I by no means think Lawrence is shit, but he's shown he's just mediocre. And if the Jags want to settle with that, have at it! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I think he’s above average, just don’t think he’ll ever win much except for hollow stats and the occasional wildcard game.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I think he’s above average, just don’t think he’ll ever win much except for hollow stats and the occasional wildcard game.

So he's the jared goofy of the AFC?

Okay arm, tall stick bug figure, both #1 picks

Wonder where he's gonna get traded in 4-5 years after the Jags figure out they cant win with him

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Quick glance at Trevor's stats says he is better than any QB the Bears have ever had.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The lions too paid goofy top dollar and one thing he's shown is he cant win anything, which is the reason the Rams got rid of him.

These teams dont have options, maybe they shoulda hireed Ryan Poles as GM and they'd have options.
Goofy has won 5 playoff games.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Goofy has won 5 playoff games.

And got traded because he cant win. Sad times.

Rex grossman also won some playoff games.

Goofy still sucks and cant play in cold weather or big games, legit the reason the Rams got rid of him.

BTW, whats ur fav fish to fuck? I'm considering going to hoffman estates petland to visit their giant aquarium and it made me think of you.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Literally no one has said that you stupid fuck.
Uh there were quite a few that started insisting last year that because right around the Falcons game that Justin Fields was the only QB good from the 2021 class and they kept it up until Justin was traded. For some reason y'all wiped the Packers game from your memory and insisted he was good on the verge of being great.