remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I gonna stop you right there.

I’m an MRI tech at one of the best MSK hospitals in the country with some of the most respect MSK radiologists.

There are different severities of dislocations. Not every knee dislocation is as severe as you mentioned above. That’s extremely severe. We have patients come in all the time with positive knee dislocations who walk gingerly to the MRI table (How Love was walking last night). All dislocations more then likely have fluid build up but not all are medical emergencies.

I’m not saying it’s for sure a dislocated knee, but based on how he injured it, can’t rule it out.
What’s your interpretation of why a knee dislocation would have swelling?

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
What’s your interpretation of why a knee dislocation would have swelling?
Read what I said above. All dislocation are going to have some fluid/edema. Thats what swelling is. Not all of them are as severe as you made it seem in your previous post or using Zach Miller as an example. Those are more rare and extreme cases. I’m on parental leave now but I literally scanned 5-6 knee dislocations the week prior to going on leave. And 5 out of 6 walked into the room.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I saw that too. What the guy I linked is saying basically is that the report is poorly worded and it would really suggest no imaging required on the ankle and they can rule out surgery. But based on the video, he would be surprised if there was not a high ankle sprain based on how it twisted.
I guess we will have to wait and see.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Read what I said above. All dislocation are going to have some fluid/edema. Thats what swelling is. Not all of them are as severe as you made it seem in your previous post or using Zach Miller as an example. Those are more rare and extreme cases. I’m on parental leave now but I literally scanned 5-6 knee dislocations the week prior to going on leave. And 5 out of 6 walked into the room.
My understanding is that for swelling to exist that means something with blood supply was torn, parts of the meniscus, ligament …. So I find it odd to define a dislocated knee in the manner you are saying.

In order for the knee to dislocate something has to tear. I did give an extreme example but that’s the typical association. Maybe you can have a displaced knee with minor tears but for the knee to be truly dislocated there’s going to be massive damage. I don’t think it’s accurate to define a dislocated knee in the manner you are saying. I respect your experience on this but I’ll just have to disagree on this one.

What do you think the final result will be?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My understanding is that for swelling to exist that means something with blood supply was torn, parts of the meniscus, ligament …. So I find it odd to define a dislocated knee in the manner you are saying.

In order for the knee to dislocate something has to tear. I did give an extreme example but that’s the typical association. Maybe you can have a displaced knee with minor tears but for the knee to be truly dislocated there’s going to be massive damage. I don’t think it’s accurate to define a dislocated knee in the manner you are saying. I respect your experience on this but I’ll just have to disagree on this one.

Death. Total death.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

Swelling does stem from small capillaries leaking fluid. Like you said lot of it comes from ligamentous tears, dislocations, sprains, etc.

Yes more than likely ligaments will be torn and your patella will move out of place. That’s your typical patellar dislocation. A typical dislocation is the bone separation from the joints. A painful injury.

The example you gave of Zach Miller is 100% different. He tore his popliteal artery which is the major blood supply that runs from mid thigh to the lower leg. That’s extremely severe and rare.

Couldn’t tell you what the final result will be without seeing the MRI. Just saying a dislocation can’t be ruled out because the knee looked to pop laterally and that’s how the majority of knee dislocations occur.

rextc

Liked Posts:

That Sigler will write some headline like "Philadelphia shows Green Bay no Love in Brazil"

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Swelling does stem from small capillaries leaking fluid. Like you said lot of it comes from ligamentous tears, dislocations, sprains, etc.

Yes more than likely ligaments will be torn and your patella will move out of place. That’s your typical patellar dislocation. A typical dislocation is the bone separation from the joints. A painful injury.

The example you gave of Zach Miller is 100% different. He tore his popliteal artery which is the major blood supply that runs from mid thigh to the lower leg. That’s extremely severe and rare.

Couldn’t tell you what the final result will be without seeing the MRI. Just saying a dislocation can’t be ruled out because the knee looked to pop laterally and that’s how the majority of knee dislocations occur.
A patellar dislocation is entirely different than a knee dislocation.

This will be the last post I make on it because clearly we disagree - if the knee shifts and dislocated that is because of a tear to ligaments that keep the knee in place. You can have acl mcl tear with dislocation, but I’m not aware of any to dislocate the knee (not the patella) without tearing something. Also I believe PCL is usually torn in knee dislocation which is a serious injury.

Miller had a KNEE dislocation, the ligaments that tore allowing for the dislocation. Patellar dislocation is not a serious injury like a knee dislocation.

I don’t think love suffered a patellar dislocation, could be wrong

gallagher

Ave Atque Vale
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
That Sigler will write some headline like "Philadelphia shows Green Bay no Love in Brazil"
No Love Lost as Green Bay Packs it Up; Fly Eagles Fly Back to Philly Victorious

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
A patellar dislocation is entirely different than a knee dislocation.

This will be the last post I make on it because clearly we disagree - if the knee shifts and dislocated that is because of a tear to ligaments that keep the knee in place. You can have acl mcl tear with dislocation, but I’m not aware of any to dislocate the knee (not the patella) without tearing something. Also I believe PCL is usually torn in knee dislocation which is a serious injury.

Miller had a KNEE dislocation, the ligaments that tore allowing for the dislocation. Patellar dislocation is not a serious injury like a knee dislocation.

I don’t think love suffered a patellar dislocation, could be wrong
If I stated only patellar dislocation then that’s my fault. I meant knee dislocations in general. I agree with everything you have said and stated those things in my own posts as well.

My main arguments came from this original post of yours. They are serious injuries but not all of them are treated or as severe as you originally stated. That information is not accurate and Millers case was extremely rare.
A dislocated knee is a serious issue that he mightve gotten taken care of before flying. Remember the Miller knee injury? You can injure blood supply and that is seriously dangerous lmao

A dislocated patella can usually just be reset by hand by the staff at the field. They wouldn't need MRI testing for a dislocated patella you use your eyes for that.

It's either ACL or MCL or both

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I’d say something around that as a minimum. He looked like he was in a ton of pain. Seemed worse than a mild sprain.

Yeah could easily be 6+ depending. Do they even win a game in that time? Willis is hot garbage and their defense isn’t good. Teams will just stack the box and Jacobs, while tough to bring down when he has steam, is not elusive at all.