HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Makes you wonder what kind of money Alex Smith is going to want from K.C.?????

I thought it was already reported he wanted Cutler money.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Colin Kaepernick's extension worth over $61M guaranteed. A dollar for every rushing yard he's had against the Packers.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Both the contracts gon look small once the cap goes up and the next round of QB contracts get signed.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
they better not have squandered all those draft picks cause they have allot more players to extend

Ralpf

Liked Posts:
Kap is the highest paid player, per yearly average, in the NFL now.

Why didn't they wait till next year? My 9er friends are pissed...

Because QB are more likely then not going to go up quickly, if they waited until next year they would likely have to pay more.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What an asinine contract.
Smith was performing at Kaepernicks level prior to getting benched after injury (good call IMO... if the young guy performs the same, go that route).
What the 49ers will learn the hard way is that Kaepernick is not very special, especially once the hits start to take him off the field.

malcore

What an asinine contract.
Smith was performing at Kaepernicks level prior to getting benched after injury (good call IMO... if the young guy performs the same, go that route).
What the 49ers will learn the hard way is that Kaepernick is not very special, especially once the hits start to take him off the field.

This contract will be seen as an incredible deal when it ends and Kaepernick is deemed the best football player of the last 6-7 years.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This contract will be seen as an incredible deal when it ends and Kaepernick is deemed the best football player of the last 6-7 years.

:shibe: :isee:

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Because QB are more likely then not going to go up quickly, if they waited until next year they would likely have to pay more.

Sorry, i just don't think he's that good. Granted neither is Cutler, but San Frans ground game forces 8 in the box AND they have the best offensive line by far in the league. He still throws away games. They could've afforded to let him walk to the Raiders next year and still be a great playoff team the next 4 years.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Perhaps I am wrong. It has been known to happen.
He has been impressive as hell overall.
BUT- I would never be too comfortable having a guy tuck and run with such long strides with such great frequency... looks like a knee disaster waiting to happen, especially if they play the current seahawks twice or even 3 times a year.
Great athlete, but not that great a passer.
Not my thing.

FWIW, I was never a vick fan either.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Luck and Wilson are going to demand huge contracts are both are more deserving than Kap. Though I feel like Luck and Wilson are more likely to take a little bit of a hometown discount.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Luck and Wilson are going to demand huge contracts are both are more deserving than Kap. Though I feel like Luck and Wilson are more likely to take a little bit of a hometown discount.

Wilson deserves a payday if he is still performing at this level next year. Dude is outstanding and only going to get better.
Luck... he is one hell of a player as well. It is pretty unfair that Indy has hit the jackpot twice.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
He is a young, talented, and incredible athlete who has been a major part of two playoff runs...1 he led them to the Super Bowl and another to the NFC Championship game. Without seeing the details of the contract, kind of hard to criticize the 49ers for this move.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So football isn't a team sport anymore? Kap "led" them to the promised land all by himself. Mmmmmokies.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
So football isn't a team sport anymore? Kap "led" them to the promised land all by himself. Mmmmmokies.

Do you really want to go down that road? Do you honestly think that this statement won't turn this thread into a shit show?

No where did I say he won the games for the 49ers...despite what some think here, the win/loss category is a team stat not an individual stat. But like any QB (Cutler included) they tend to be the defacto leader of their respective teams. So yes he led them.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He is a young, talented, and incredible athlete who has been a major part of two playoff runs...1 he led them to the Super Bowl and another to the NFC Championship game. Without seeing the details of the contract, kind of hard to criticize the 49ers for this move.

Perhaps it is some cold war maneuver.. drive up the market, watch seattle trump it with a massive wilson contract, only to snap up cap casualties after reworking Kaepernicks contract.
Wait- thought i was in the conspiracy theory thread.