OT - PHI Extends Fletcher Cox, Most Guaranteed $$ In The NFL For A Non-QB

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
2015 outside of trading up for Marriota (which the Bears were rumored to have tried) there wasn't any legitimate starting caliber QB's...but I have always felt Glennon could be a great option for the Bears, they could have traded for him and had him backup Cutler until it was time to move on from Cutler. 2016 Paxton Lynch I felt should have been drafted, didn't hate the 'NardFlo pick but would have been just as happy to see them draft Lynch. Another player that could sit, until it won't cost the Bears much to let go.

I could see drafting Lynch in a trade up with 2nd pick into the late 1st. Trades are tough though to fault for lack of execution. Too many people though want us to keep drafting these projects in the mid rounds and it is just a big waste IMO.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Derek Carr, Kirk Cousins, Tyrod Taylor = big wastes

Jay Cutler $126M contract = sunk cost

Which is the better scenario?

I will make a friendly wager for bragging rights that Cousins and Taylor put up middling numbers/production for the remainder of their careers starting this season. Carr is pretty good (not great) but he was the 33rd overall pick.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
I will make a friendly wager for bragging rights that Cousins and Taylor put up middling numbers/production for the remainder of their careers starting this season. Carr is pretty good (not great) but he was the 33rd overall pick.

what do you consider middling numbers/production...according to you 20 points per game for an offense is a good number?

I am willing to wager with you though

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Even so, they will still have had a higher peak than Jay Cutler with MUCH WORSE supporting casts. Cousins big WR last year was Garcon (TE Jordan Reed actually led the team in receiving!), Taylor was throwing to Sammy Watkins, Chris Hogan & Robert Woods. Give either of those QBs Brandon Marshall, Matt Forte, Alshon Jeffery & Marty Bennett and they could be posting passer ratings in the 115 range.

Watkins is a beast dude. I am just saying that the chances of finding a long term consistent franchise QB in a mid round is extremely low.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
what do you consider middling numbers/production...according to you 20 points per game for an offense is a good number?

I am willing to wager with you though

I said 20 ppg was "not horrible" and was a worst case scenario.

I would venture to say that both Taylor and Cousins will be a 1:1 ratio in an average season for their career. I don't think either lasts longer than 5 years as a starter.

Take comparing them to Cutler out of this. Do you REALLY think either of them are that good?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

I would venture to say that both Taylor and Cousins will be a 1:1 ratio in an average season for their career. I don't think either lasts longer than 5 years as a starter.

Take comparing them to Cutler out of this. Do you REALLY think either of them are that good?

I think less than 20 PPG is more of a worse case.......they could easily regress from last year due to a potentially worse oline.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Cousins I think is a solid to good QB...he showed in the second half of the season to be very efficient with the ball. I think with the added WR he got this year and a healthy Jordan Reed, he will continue to do well. Taylor I'm not 100% sold on, but he looked to be pretty good last year when he was healthy. I think with a strong defense (which they have) and a strong run game (which they have) he can be pretty good considering he is a dual threat.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Cousins I think is a solid to good QB...he showed in the second half of the season to be very efficient with the ball. I think with the added WR he got this year and a healthy Jordan Reed, he will continue to do well. Taylor I'm not 100% sold on, but he looked to be pretty good last year when he was healthy. I think with a strong defense (which they have) and a strong run game (which they have) he can be pretty good considering he is a dual threat.

I think both will regress. I am happy to eat crow if I am wrong.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I think both will regress. I am happy to eat crow if I am wrong.

so what's the base line for middling numbers/production...is this over 1 year or 3 years? what is the wager? eating crow doesn't constitute as a wager.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
so what's the base line for middling numbers/production...is this over 1 year or 3 years? what is the wager? eating crow doesn't constitute as a wager.

Let's say if he beats out Cutler, we will call it better than middling. Next 3 years.

50 bucks cash. Ask SEREbear, I am good on my bets.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Let's say if he beats out Cutler, we will call it better than middling. Next 3 years.

I wouldn't make bets if I was you. I'd say it's a safe bet that you lose a majority of your bets.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
But that's not what you just said:

Cousins ratio last year was +18. Taylor's was +14. Obviously, even if they regress they will still be significantly better than Jay Cutler in 2016.

Your posting is terrible. I cannot express this enough. Not only are you shifting your answers, you aren't even getting the question right. The question is simply "will Jay Cutler be better than Kirk Cousins and Tyrod Taylor in 2016?" That's it.

I think they will regress big time. Going from +18 to 0 is a form of regressing. I didn't shift anything you fool.

Yes, I think Jay Cutler will be better than both of them in 2016 and every year going forward.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think they will regress big time. Going from +18 to 0 is a form of regressing. I didn't shift anything you fool.

Yes, I think Jay Cutler will be better than both of them in 2016 and every year going forward.

Lmao.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Its like...you have no brain. None whatsoever.

So, according to you, these are duplicate statements:

Kirk Cousins will regress from his +18 TD/INT ratio

Kirk Cousins will throw as many INTs as TDs

Makes sense. Thanks.

He was 4-7 in 11 career starts before last year and threw 18 TDs to 19 INTs. I am predicting he will return to that level of play.

I answered your question about what I do for a living. Now you tell me the same.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Do both Cousins and Taylor have to outperform Cutler? Does just one? Or am I choosing just one, if so I would be willing to bet on Cousins? Do you want an injury clause put in where in any of the players involved at least half the games (24) due to injury the bet is a push? Do we also want a games started threshold where if one player fails to start half the games (24) that it is considered a loss for that player?

Wanting to get the details straight, so there is no confusion

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Do both Cousins and Taylor have to outperform Cutler? Does just one? Or am I choosing just one, if so I would be willing to bet on Cousins? Do you want an injury clause put in where in any of the players involved at least half the games (24) due to injury the bet is a push? Do we also want a games started threshold where if one player fails to start half the games (24) that it is considered a loss for that player?

Wanting to get the details straight, so there is no confusion

If Cutler beats out both, I win. If he beats out 1 but not the other, it is a push. If both beat out Cutler, you win.

All 3 have to start atleast 8 of the games. It doesn't matter how they miss any of the games as long as they start 8. We will go by QB Rating. Let's just do it for this season because of the event that one of us is not posting here anymore in 3 years.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I'm sorry, but first you are going to have to look up what a sunk cost is and get back to me. Again, I apologize. I don't make the rules here.

You have the nerve to ask me what I do, but don't want to follow up. I expect that out of a chump like you.