OT - PHI Extends Fletcher Cox, Most Guaranteed $$ In The NFL For A Non-QB

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Both of you... all you do is insult people who don't agree with you. And then later on have the nerve to complain that no one wants to talk football with you. You wonder why he was banned for so long? It's a miracle BOTH of you are not permabanned.

You seem mud.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think Fox took that job because he just got fired and needed a job and the Bears offered him a HC job. FoxPace did try like hell to get rid of Cutty prior to last season but no team would take him. If FoxPace had their way, Mariota is the starting QB right now.

Yeah, it's pretty amazing. Once again dishe ignores historical events. He says Fox took the job thinking he could win with Cutler, yet three months after Fox gets the job him and the GM are actively trying to trade Cutler away for Marcus Mariota.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Both of you... all you do is insult people who don't agree with you. And then later on have the nerve to complain that no one wants to talk football with you. You wonder why he was banned for so long? It's a miracle BOTH of you are not permabanned.

They've never insulted me...

And I've disagreed with them on occasion.

The difference is when I disagree, I have logical, supported and well thought out respones to discuss.

You just make shit up.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
They've never insulted me...

And I've disagreed with them on occasion.

The difference is when I disagree, I have logical, supported and well thought out respones to discuss.

You just make shit up.

What did I make up?

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I stated that I think Fox thinks he can win with Cutler. He has the attributes to be a successful QB and coaches think they can be the ones to get the most out of their players' abilities.

Going for Mariota would have been a long shot to pull off. Just because they might have wanted a young high end prospect, doesn't mean they don't have faith in Cutler.

You can disagree with my opinion, but you don't do that. You just call anyone that doesn't agree with you names. It's disgusting.

Washington

Liked Posts:
Going for Mariota would have been a long shot to pull off. Just because they might have wanted a young high end prospect, doesn't mean they don't have faith in Cutler.

I gotta disagree. If they had complete faith in Cutler, they don't explore trading up that high knowing the price tag involved in doing that when the team was completely swiss cheese talent wise with holes everywhere save for RB and TE. FoxPace simply got stuck with Cutty.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Good point. As we have seen he has been hugely successful during his NFL career.

I stated that I think Fox thinks he can win with Cutler. He has the attributes to be a successful QB and coaches think they can be the ones to get the most out of their players' abilities.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I gotta disagree. If they had complete faith in Cutler, they don't explore trading up that high knowing the price tag involved in doing that when the team was completely swiss cheese talent wise with holes everywhere save for RB and TE. FoxPace simply got stuck with Cutty.

I disagree because A) they didn't panic and force a trade that would have yielded them bad value. We have seen other teams get taken to the woodshed on trades to move up into the top of the draft. And B) I disagree that Fox just took whatever job he could get after being fired. Lots of coaches don't jump at the first opportunity that is presented to him. I think he liked the opportunity he saw in Chicago.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I disagree because A) they didn't panic and force a trade that would have yielded them bad value. We have seen other teams get taken to the woodshed on trades to move up into the top of the draft. And B) I disagree that Fox just took whatever job he could get after being fired. Lots of coaches don't jump at the first opportunity that is presented to him. I think he liked the opportunity he saw in Chicago.

LOL at this, like they could have forced the Titans to go through with it. The Titans wanted nothing to do with Cutler/his contract.

Short of taking a Titan's front office person hostage I don't think the Bears could have forced the trade, and in that scenario I think the trade would have been voided by the league. Just a hunch.

I have no idea why you think Fox was so enamored with Cutler as a "selling point". Fox took his last job in Denver when the Bronco's QB's were Brady Quinn, Tim Tebow, and Kyle Orton. So it's not like he has an issue walking into a team with a shitty QB situation.

Bort

Liked Posts:
MFW I come back after two days and see this thread still going

WftheFi.gif

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Mobility, height, arm strength, overall strength. You yourself have been a huge component on Cutler's physical attributes.
You realize I'm asking about Jay Cutler the QB right...not the body builder?

Jay Cutler has natural talent. I wouldn't say he has the attributes of a successful QB though.

Different discussion.

Washington

Liked Posts:

FoxPace required Tenn to take Cutty in return and they said no. End of deal. I do give FoxPace credit for not caving. This will resolve next year most likely.

Fox was coming from a Super Bowl caliber team with a HOF QB to a 5-11 team with literally no talent and a below average QB and he took the job because he liked what he saw? I think not. He took it because it was a HC job and he had just got canned.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
FoxPace required Tenn to take Cutty in return and they said no. End of deal. I do give FoxPace credit for not caving. This will resolve next year most likely.

Fox was coming from a Super Bowl caliber team with a HOF QB to a 5-11 team with literally no talent and a below average QB and he took the job because he liked what he saw? I think not. He took it because it was a HC job and he had just got canned.
And he wasn't dealing with John Elway and would have more roster control.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
You realize I'm asking about Jay Cutler the QB right...not the body builder?

He benched 23 reps at the combine and could max out at 405. He is extremely strong for a QB. It's a physical attribute that he has on his side. Being stronger helps you elude a grasp among other things. That coupled with arm strength, height and mobility all play a role in being a successful QB.

Woods

Chicago Bears Fan
Liked Posts:

Which makes this offseason all the more baffling. We'll just trust that they know what they're doing. At least with Fox we know that he does.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
He benched 23 reps at the combine and could max out at 405. He is extremely strong for a QB. It's a physical attribute that he has on his side. Being stronger helps you elude a grasp among other things. That coupled with arm strength, height and mobility all play a role in being a successful QB.
So then why does he suck?

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:

Most coaches that take a job walk into a team that has a losing record. That is why jobs are open in the first place most of the time. What is not as common is for a coach to go from a team that was successful to a team that hasn't been successful. Obviously he liked something.