legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
I know there might be a few more, but isn't Fuller like the last tie to the old administration? Its sad to say that too many GM's are so focused on ridding the team of choices he did not make and that goes against bear fans with Fuller. Hicks got some stupid money for an extension, don't know how many other DT's are getting 12 million, but that was a choice by pace in free agency. I hope Pace gets it done with Fuller, he will show me he is breaking the mold.

Leno, Long, Houston, Bellamy, Willie Young, Christian Jones, Zach Miller, McManis and Fuller all were here pre-Pace. Shitty drafting is what makes this happen, not focusing on "this is your player, not mine" aspect. Usually new coaches want their boys over from the previous regime as well.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Pace and Company did manage to bring and keep Hicks, I'm sure a fair offer will be extended to Fuller, and we always have the franchise tag available, because I can not think of another player that would justify the use.

I hope they do keep Fuller, but if he demands top 5 money then maybe they should let him walk.

The tough part about CB is that they do NOT come straight out of the draft and perform like a starter, they take time to develop. We final have developed one and it would be better to overpay slightly than to think that he can so easily be replaced.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Here is what my final offer would look like -

5yr, 57.5m total, 14.5m (25%) guaranteed.

Fuller would have the potential to earn top 10-12 CB money for 5 years on average...if he produces.

With this contract his guaranteed dollars are rather low (although still higher than the likes of Dre Kirkpatrick, Richard Sherman Aquib Talib, Joe Haden and Chris Harris Jr) but allows him to make the 11th most on average per year if he plays to his potential. The length makes sense for both him and the Bears with his age.

1.5 million less than Stephen Gilmore on average and 1 million more than Dre Kirkpatrick on average who were both signed last year.

That's a generous contract. I would offer something like 4yr/44mil with 20 mil guaranteed.

I'm also okay with them franchise tagging him and making him play well 2 seasons in a row and working something out next year.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
That's a generous contract. I would offer something like 4yr/44mil with 20 mil guaranteed.

I'm also okay with them franchise tagging him and making him play well 2 seasons in a row and working something out next year.

A lot of the top CB's guaranteed money is more in the 30-40% range so he would have to earn his paycheck which is what I would like about it.

I wouldn't be opposed to tagging him for a year to see what we get out of him.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
The way I see it, Chicago is a unattractive spot. They are the browns of the NFC. So they have to overpay. No one wants to play here.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
The only problem with the Franchise tag is that it seems like the players always get "pissed", with the rare exception like Cousins.

I'm not sure what the hell they get pissed about, the amount is usually great and the money is guaranteed.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
He didn't whiff on Jeffrey, Jeffrey didn't want to be here, plain and simple

Sent from my RCT6703W13 using Tapatalk

Jeffery did want to be here, but we low balled him for 2 years. Then he no longer wanted to be here.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Fuller had a great.rookie year why does everyone forget that!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yes, Fuller seemed to come alive only in a contract year. And he does get picked one, suggesting teams consider him a weak link.

But people forget his great rookie year. And forget that Vic Fangio - for reasons known only to Fangio - put Fuller in the doghouse last year. I like the way Fuller responded to that when Fangio was forced to give him a chance and get him back on the field.
Fuller had 4-5 good games to start his career as a rookie and sucked the second half of that season. Followed that up with a bad 2015, no show 2016 and good 2017. Revisionist history on CCS is comical.

And as for being in Vic's doghouse, Fuller refused to play on a medically cleared knee. I can't imagine why a coach would find that disagreeable?

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
At the beginning of the season, the secondary was one of my biggest concerns. Prince came in as an oft-injured vet. Fuller, had missed an entire season after a few sub-par seasons. Amos was a below average safety, Eddie Jackson, a rookie who was also coming off an injury, known as a poor tackler... And Quintin Demps, who also had an injury plagued career. And then a bunch of middle tier/Special teamer-quality players to round it out.

But by the end of the season, not only was the d-backfield one of our strongest as a unit, players were also strong individually. All 4 of the above (Fuller, Prince, Amos, and Jackson) out-performed expectations.

With that, the last thing this team needs to do, with all the holes we have all over the roster, is create another hole.

Sign Fuller to a top 15 CB contract. I see:

4 years, 2 guaranteed
32 million
12 -15 million at signing
22 guaranteed

dennehy

Liked Posts:
The only problem with the Franchise tag is that it seems like the players always get "pissed", with the rare exception like Cousins.

I'm not sure what the hell they get pissed about, the amount is usually great and the money is guaranteed.

He would make about $15mil, fully guaranteed. To put that into perspective, I think only 12 CBs in the league have that much total guaranteed money in their current contracts.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Kyle Fuller is not a shutdown No 1 CB. Having said that, I don't think the issue is a contract year or anything like that. The issue is injuries and the fact that for much of his time here the rest of the secondary was shit. Kyle Fuller is not a guy that can carry secondary. He is a guy though that can play well when others in the secondary are good.

To me he is worth somewhere in the neighborhood of 7-10 million a year. You resign him, resign Prince who is too old to get a big contract and draft in the first 3 rounds. I just don't see Pace going after a Butler or other big name CB who is going to command 12-15 million a year nor do I think it is necessary for this team.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
At the beginning of the season, the secondary was one of my biggest concerns. Prince came in as an oft-injured vet. Fuller, had missed an entire season after a few sub-par seasons. Amos was a below average safety, Eddie Jackson, a rookie who was also coming off an injury, known as a poor tackler... And Quintin Demps, who also had an injury plagued career. And then a bunch of middle tier/Special teamer-quality players to round it out.

But by the end of the season, not only was the d-backfield one of our strongest as a unit, players were also strong individually. All 4 of the above (Fuller, Prince, Amos, and Jackson) out-performed expectations.

With that, the last thing this team needs to do, with all the holes we have all over the roster, is create another hole.

Sign Fuller to a top 15 CB contract. I see:

4 years, 2 guaranteed
32 million
12 -15 million at signing
22 guaranteed
I think that is a no brainer contract. Problem is I see him eyeing a Stephon Gilmore/ AJ Boye $13Mil+ number. What then?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
What would you guys think if the Bears let Kyle Fuller walk but replaced him with maybe a more consistent and proven CB in Malcolm Butler?

This is the way i see it. Nobody can say that signing K.Fuller to multi contract isn't taking a chance that could work or not work and hurt us, so although i wouldn't mind re-signing him, it wouldn't bother me if they didn't as long as we sign or draft a legit CB to take his place. I love what Fuller did this year but you can't just overlook the bad with him either like his injury history and if his play this year was because of him being in a contract year. I'm starting to think tagging him would be the best choice to see if he can give us another season like he did this year and if he is doing that 8-10 games in then open up contract talks with him to get him signed to a 3-4 year contract.

R.Pace needs to fix the CB position but it doesn't necessarily have to be with K.Fuller as long as it's fixed.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Fuller had a great.rookie year why does everyone forget that!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Because it wasn't great. He had a really good first 4 games for us in his rookie year and single handedly won that 49ers game for us, after those 4 games things changed for whatever reason, so while it wasn't a great year he did get off to a very nice start for us and had Bears fans happy. He also had a nice finish to the 2015 season but there are question marks with this kid so while i do hope we sign him, i just hope the contract is done the right way in the price and in the guaranteed money to where that is paid after the first two years of the contract. If after two years things aren't going well then we can get out of the contract.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
I think that is a no brainer contract. Problem is I see him eyeing a Stephon Gilmore/ AJ Boye $13Mil+ number. What then?

If he's demanding 13 average over 4, have to let him walk if he's not willing to come down.

He does not deserve Trufant/Peterson/Shermen type #s...

I still think the 32-35M over 4 (front loaded) is a contract he'd sign.

Visionman

Liked Posts:

Why do they get upset? Because it is only a 1 year deal. If they sustain a career ending injury on the tag, that is the last money they will ever see. On a long term deal, Fuller would likely get 20M or more UP FRONT for just signing that contract. That's more than what he could get under any tag.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jeffery did want to be here, but we low balled him for 2 years. Then he no longer wanted to be here.

What did they offer him and how much of a low ball was it? I don't really remember it that way but I could be wrong. How about some links to his being "low balled". And was this after the frequent injuries and the PED suspension?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

You let him walk and pay a CB 13 million that is actually worth it. Fuller doesn't have the level of sustained success to justify 13 million a year. At any rate, the secondary is cheap as hell right now with Prince a FA so we should add at least one CB that more than likely will be making between 10-13 million and probably resign Prince to s short term deal. Then draft Prince's eventual replacement.