Pace's Line in the Sand is Kyle Fuller

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Why would anyone say Fuller doesn't deserve a contract?

He buys in an plays hard and Bears fans are like... Get rid of him. You all are fucking amazing around here.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
You let him walk and pay a CB 13 million that is actually worth it. Fuller doesn't have the level of sustained success to justify 13 million a year. At any rate, the secondary is cheap as hell right now with Prince a FA so we should add at least one CB that more than likely will be making between 10-13 million and probably resign Prince to s short term deal. Then draft Prince's eventual replacement.

Seriously?!

It isn't like we have some great stud secondary. Over pay him. Just a bit, and keep the GTD money to two years and show that you want to keep your players that play well around.

Don't Alshon Kyle Fuller.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fuller is a one year wonder in his contract year.........how many times have we seen this before?

Be very careful if you re-sign Fuller.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Fuller is a one year wonder in his contract year.........how many times have we seen this before?

Be very careful if you re-sign Fuller.

No he isn't. He had a good rookie year, dealt with some injuries, and finally had another solid healthy year.

He isn't Richard Sherman or Xavier Rhodes, or Peterson. That is fine. He still has done a good job this year (and his rookie year) I would keep him around.

Do you people realize that we do not have a "great" secondary and that letting assets walk out the door is a bad idea? I mean if it cost us a couple extra mil to keep him I pay it in a heart beat. You lay down the track that you want to keep your productive players instead of penny pinching.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
I think the best idea is to franchise Fuller @ 1 year/14 million and make him "prove it" again.

ob1force

Liked Posts:
You re-sign Fuller on day one. $12M/yr isn't unreasonable, which would be in the Darius Slay ballpark.

Slay's stats before contract extension: 4 INT's, 37 PBU's, 123 tackles, 0 FF's over 3 seasons

Fuller's stats heading into FA: 8 INT's, 41 PBU's, 156 tackles, 3 FF's over 3 seasons

Granted numbers aren't everything but does give you an idea how productive Fuller has been.

He had a relatively solid rookie year under garbage Mel Tucker. He then started slowly in a new 3-4 defense with Fangio but finished the second half of 2015 on a positive note. 2016 misses whole year and thrown in doghouse. Bounces back this season with a career year, testament to his resolve to silence the doubters.

Fuller is just entering his prime, the best is yet to come. Slay just had his pro bowl breakout season this year at age 26; Fuller will be 26 next season.

Good CB's are hard to find and letting a good one in Fuller walk would be criminal. Pay the damn man.

martin.johnson73

Liked Posts:
Because it wasn't great. He had a really good first 4 games for us in his rookie year and single handedly won that 49ers game for us, after those 4 games things changed for whatever reason, so while it wasn't a great year he did get off to a very nice start for us and had Bears fans happy. He also had a nice finish to the 2015 season but there are question marks with this kid so while i do hope we sign him, i just hope the contract is done the right way in the price and in the guaranteed money to where that is paid after the first two years of the contract. If after two years things aren't going well then we can get out of the contract.
I would agree. If he fails than we dump him. But right now he the best CB on the roster can't be allowed to leave.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Seriously?!

It isn't like we have some great stud secondary. Over pay him. Just a bit, and keep the GTD money to two years and show that you want to keep your players that play well around.

Don't Alshon Kyle Fuller.

Hence why I said you pay someone that is actually worth it. Why would I pay Fuller 13 million if I can get a better CB for that price?

Joliet Jake

Liked Posts:
I think the best idea is to franchise Fuller @ 1 year/14 million and make him "prove it" again.

Balancing his inconsistency with his potential and the Bear's current needs, I'd like to see that happen.