Pace's Objectives So Far

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
So you don't have a qb that you have a trio of qb's you like for a bears option this season. Your a clausen hater cause HE SUCKS as your assessment of his play,but you say that the assessment that I have on jimmy sucks.I hope the coaching staff has a better plan than you cause it sounds like you don't have one.

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
If they keep Jay, it's because they want to, not his salary. Don't care which way they go.

It would be stupid to eat that much salary. The Bears want to trade him, but it will be nearly impossible.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Oh god, please, for the love of god, please say our coaching staff and organization have higher expectations for QB than you. I cannot take another 4 decades of shit QB play.

Game Manager are two words I NEVER WANT TO HEAR ASSOCIATED WITH ANOTHER BEARS QB.

Clausen could be more successful than Cutler if Clausen plays within the system.

If you have a QB that plays outside of your system it's a big problem. After hearing how Cutler (not surprisingly) plays outside of the system and was described as a renegade by former coaches it's easy to see why he's failed to reach his potential. Offenses in the NFL are very intricate and rely on strict timing to catch a defense off guard. I.e. That Blackfoot hits the ground the ball as to come out. That receiver plants not his cut that ball better be on the way with no hitch. There is no room for see it throw it, it has to be back foot hits, drive the ball.

In addition to being a rogue Cutler has a natural hesitation hitch that completely throws off the timing of an offense. It here are countless times where Cutler stops his throw, it's not even a pump fake, he stops his throw and then resets and that is so completely detrimental to his team that it leads to major problems in consistency.

Clausen showed an initial feel of timing and McCown showed an ideal feel for timing which led to better overall play from the QB.

Cutler will never execute with a high level of timing or accuracy and for that reason he will never play up,to the level necessary to succeed.

Clausen likely won't either and his resigning is more of a chance to compete rather than a chance to start but someone will get the time figured out (maybe not in 2015) and will be successful as a QB.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Sorry man, stopped reading right there. No he cannot. Clausen will not be better than Cutler in any system.

He tries so hard to sound smart that sometimes stupid stuff comes out. It's getting to be a normal thing around here.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Sorry man, stopped reading right there. No he cannot. Clausen will not be better than Cutler in any system.
Sure he could. There are a few throws Cutler can make that Clausen can't, because of his superior arm. 95% of passes are not these throws. On the 95% of normal regular throws they can both make, it comes down to who will do the fundamentals better, take care of the ball better, go through reads better, and make better decisions.

And that's not even taking into account intangibles like leadership etc.

Clausen isn't the long term answer but he could run an offense until they get the guy who is.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Clausen could be more successful than Cutler if Clausen plays within the system.

If you have a QB that plays outside of your system it's a big problem. After hearing how Cutler (not surprisingly) plays outside of the system and was described as a renegade by former coaches it's easy to see why he's failed to reach his potential. Offenses in the NFL are very intricate and rely on strict timing to catch a defense off guard. I.e. That Blackfoot hits the ground the ball as to come out. That receiver plants not his cut that ball better be on the way with no hitch. There is no room for see it throw it, it has to be back foot hits, drive the ball.

In addition to being a rogue Cutler has a natural hesitation hitch that completely throws off the timing of an offense. It here are countless times where Cutler stops his throw, it's not even a pump fake, he stops his throw and then resets and that is so completely detrimental to his team that it leads to major problems in consistency.

Clausen showed an initial feel of timing and McCown showed an ideal feel for timing which led to better overall play from the QB.

Cutler will never execute with a high level of timing or accuracy and for that reason he will never play up,to the level necessary to succeed.

Clausen likely won't either and his resigning is more of a chance to compete rather than a chance to start but someone will get the time figured out (maybe not in 2015) and will be successful as a QB.
im so sad im out of dislike power right now

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sure he could. There are a few throws Cutler can make that Clausen can't, because of his superior arm. 95% of passes are not these throws. On the 95% of normal regular throws they can both make, it comes down to who will do the fundamentals better, take care of the ball better, go through reads better, and make better decisions.

Yeah like Josh couldn't play better in a system than Cutler.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
clausen
http://www.nfl.com/player/jimmyclausen/497108/careerstats

jay cutler
http://www.nfl.com/player/jaycutler/2495824/careerstats

seems legit

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

It doesn't seem legit because they haven't had the same situation. Cutler has had every chance, had a team built around him, Clausen was thrown onto a shit team as a rookie and has been a backup ever since. He still has room to get better and is young and fresh. Cutler is over 30 and clearly a broken, regressing player, even from the mediocre one he was prior to Trestman. Both are stop gap QBs until the Bears can find a franchise QB, and Clausen has infinitely less baggage and toxicity. He doesn't have a decade full of terrible habits and massive contract.

They aren't winning the Superbowl with either of them so it makes sense.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah you tard. Cutler and company only managed to be the #2 scoring offense when he had an offensive line good enough to be respectable. Fucking scrubs should have been #1.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Wouldn't it be so fucking ironic if Clauson lit it up next season?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wouldn't it be so fucking ironic if Bears fans actually got rid of backup QB is better syndrome? Alas meatballs gotta meatball.

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
Bears aren't getting a franchise QB any time soon and if they do it will be dumb luck.

They need to rebuild the defense, draft a RB and get another piece or two for the offensive line.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Yeah you tard. Cutler and company only managed to be the #2 scoring offense when he had an offensive line good enough to be respectable. Fucking scrubs should have been #1.

It's strange at best that there are fans who still defend Cutler. It defies all objectively and common sense.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mah bad. I forgot team sports are about the individual.

Bears aren't getting a franchise QB any time soon and if they do it will be dumb luck.

They need to rebuild the defense, draft a RB and get another piece or two for the offensive line.

Won't stop saying it. This town doesn't deserve to have a quarterback worth a fuck.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Saving cap space means dick because you have to spend it anyway, and you're better off spending it on players with some semblance of talent. As with all Him threads, this one sucks.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:

The Bears number two scoring offense rating was entirely based on how great McCown played. McCown's six games pushed the offense to that point. The Bears were 12th in scoring with Cutler starting.