1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In three years Pace will be unemployed.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh, I thought this was thread about Pace.

Evobear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think it's logical to declare Clausen a shitty QB. Seriously 13 games as rookie on the shitty Panthers then nothing until 4 games on the shitty Bears.

I have always felt you needed an accurate QB who could decently read the field. Mobility is a secondary ability. Pocket awareness is eh, so long as he doesn't constantly get blindsided by a horrid OL.

Put him in a ground pounding hard-nosed run offense with a thunder n lightning Ron Dayne/Tiki Barber combo. We got Forte for lightning and Carrey may yet prove to be that violent runner Thunder type if he bulks some. If he isn't you can draft one in mid rounds.

Make use of but don't rely on the read option that Seattle and the 9ers do if your QB does have some speed.

The heavy run eats clocks and rests defense while taking the pressure off the QB. If he's (accurate) makes good reads and gets rid of the ball you get the same type of play McCown gave you because you have Jeffery/Bennett/Forte out their to catch. It's the balanced attack so many teams claim they want.

You need a game plan that knows how to run unlike anything Trestman could. And a brutal OL. Fox likes heavy run offenses from what i hear.

Clausen has a great opportunity to fit into that system and make use of his accuracy (if he does indeed have it) he won't need a cannon arm. And has been around long enough to make good reads. Or at least develop

Course he could also never develop and fail but he hasn't really had that chance yet. There's a reason QBs fail so much. They can't do it alone. Their stats rely heavily on OL/RB/TE's blocking and WR/TE/RB's not dropping passes and running their routes correctly.

Cutler could do it as well. But will he play within the system? Can he suppress his I can make any throw and not throw at a covered receiver.
Can he trust the system and not hold onto the ball too long.

Clausen blossoming is just as likely if not more than Cutler fitting into the system.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I wonder if the rest of the NFL fanbases also suffer from the backup is better syndrome.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Haven't seen anyone say Clausen is better.

Its not a knock on you. Its more like a knock on the fanbase as a whole constantly pining for the guy behind the starter.

Evobear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lots of desperation and little patience

RIDGE

Liked Posts:
1)get rid of a great receiver
2}sign shitty qb
3)overpay a free agent lb

great job so far idiot pace

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Tick tock Tick tock..........................The Cutler contract guarantee clock is moving quickly.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
1)get rid of a great receiver
2}sign shitty qb
3)overpay a free agent lb

great job so far idiot pace

One thing for sure..... If Clausen is the Bears starting quarterback he will undergo big time tests as in blitzes very early on.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whether you agree with it or not, Pace has an agenda and he is executing it methodically ...

Briggs: bid farewell
Marshall: traded
Cutler: now being shopped "relentlessly"

What do all 3 of these players have in common? Reputations as polarizing - perhaps divisive - football players.

As I said in the OP, Pace's objectives are clear - the inmates will no longer run the asylum, no matter how talented they may be. Follow orders, or you're gone. "Rogues" and "renegades" need not apply.