Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gunzaan is a fucking bitch.

marioworld

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It doesn't matter what happened 30+ years ago, you don't accept cheap shots like that. I can't believe I call myself a bears fan with you!

You didn't read my post then. I didn't say I didn't feel bad about the injury, did I? The hit in 86 was deliberate, wasn't it? This was not, they played the game and someone got hurt... it happens. If you can't get over that there are other sports to watch.

The OP was about GB fans shutting up, and I agree, and I put my 2cents in. Problem?

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
On Chicago radio they are saying this was worse than the Charles Martin play because Adams could have been paralyzed.

marioworld

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
On Chicago radio they are saying this was worse than the Charles Martin play because Adams could have been paralyzed.

No doubt is was a worse hit, but one was intentional and this one wasn't. I don't think GB fans have much room to point fingers, that's just my opinion.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rask,

Do you still think Antonio Brown was flopping after Burfict tried to decapitate him?

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
It doesn't matter what happened 30+ years ago, you don't accept cheap shots like that. I can't believe I call myself a bears fan with you!

There was nothing cheap about that hit. It was hard football legal hit. Adams was a runner, he was not defenseless. BS flag. Not good that Adams got hurt but this is football. Now Trevathan is going to be suspended for about 3 games or more- complete BS.

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
I think the refs should start blowing those plays dead more quickly.

NFL players are dumb and will fight for that extra foot leaving themselves open to shots like this. I have to assume he was going for helmet to ball to cause a fumble as Trevathan has a long history in the NFL and he's not a dirty player.

That's football shit happens.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Ok as soon as Adams got hit I was afraid he was paralyzed (he probably was KOd which would explain why he wasn't moving at first) but thankfully that isn't the case. I hope he makes a comeback when he's healthy, he's a good player.

But was the hit from Trevathan intentional? I don't know, it certainly was a flag and he should certainly be punished for it (fine, maybe a light suspension) but I really don't think any of us could say if he did it on purpose or not, so we shouldn't be mindlessly attacking the guy.

Happy that Adams is ok, and we'll see what type of punishment is dropped down on Trevathan. It definitely was not worse than Burfict's hit on Brown or some of the other intentional cheap shots on Burfict's lowlight reel.

Bronko

Liked Posts:
Trev will probably be fined for taking his helmet off, too, won't he? I thought he'd been ejected when I saw him on the field among all that hooplah without his helmet.

CutlersCorner

Liked Posts:
That's actually illegal, you know.

You mean making terroristic threats and threatening another individual's life even via the inter webs is illegal?!?

Guzman (AKA a pEckers fan that trolls around) should be banned for life IMO and authorities should potentially be contacted!

BearDownTexas

Liked Posts:
He was up...id have hit him too.

*it'll be two hand touch next year anyway....and EVERYONE gets a trophy.

wisconsinbearsfan

Liked Posts:
There was nothing cheap about that hit. It was hard football legal hit. Adams was a runner, he was not defenseless. BS flag. Not good that Adams got hurt but this is football. Now Trevathan is going to be suspended for about 3 games or more- complete BS.

He was a defenseless player because his forward progress as a runner had been stopped.

unclebuck

Liked Posts:
seriously the guy was standing when trevathon left his feet then he got shoved down and it ended up being a bad hit but not dirty you cant stop yourself in mid flight

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Was that a few teeth flying out?

Not talking about the mouthguard, I saw what I thought was teeth flying out.

Kinda dirty hit. But also want to note, the flag came out really late as well. Wasn't thrown until he as already knocked out.

He seemed to be fighting to stay up and gain yards. Might be splitting hairs. I'm not sure this would have been flagged 5 or 6 years ago.