1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's just unfortunate.

We've seen dumbass plays where players get in that scrum and churn out another 5 yards. Dez did it Monday night and got a TD.

Ttevathon is a LB. LBs are paid specifically to make sure runners stop moving. If he doesn't, he has no job.

On that play, if he doesn't clean up the play, chances are likely Adams goes down after another yard. But there is always a chance he breaks free, and somehow scores. Then everyone would be bitching about the idiot LB who didn't do his job.

I know why he went to finish the play, just got a bit unlucky that Adams gave up and started going down when he did, which led him to crown his ass.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

marioworld

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He was a defenseless player because his forward progress as a runner had been stopped.

With no whistle what is he suppose to do? It was just unfortunate where the hit landed. I think he was going for a shoulder hit but Adams got pushed back at that moment.

hello

Liked Posts:
Was that a few teeth flying out?

Not talking about the mouthguard, I saw what I thought was teeth flying out.

Kinda dirty hit. But also want to note, the flag came out really late as well. Wasn't thrown until he as already knocked out.

He seemed to be fighting to stay up and gain yards. Might be splitting hairs. I'm not sure this would have been flagged 5 or 6 years ago.

that's because they've changed the rules since then. Trevathan will likely get a suspension for that, which I believe is a new rule. No clue on the amount of games it will be

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the refs should start blowing those plays dead more quickly.

NFL players are dumb and will fight for that extra foot leaving themselves open to shots like this. I have to assume he was going for helmet to ball to cause a fumble as Trevathan has a long history in the NFL and he's not a dirty player.

That's football shit happens.

Agreed. And on the flip side are the defensive shenanigans of holding a player up while other defenders try to strip the ball. Blow the play dead . . .

Having said that, the hit was an unfortunate cheap shot. Travathan's trash talking after the hit shows he didn't feel he had done anything wrong, which means he's poorly coached and undisciplined. He deserved the flag, and the fine and likely suspension that is coming . . .

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
that's because they've changed the rules since then. Trevathan will likely get a suspension for that, which I believe is a new rule. No clue on the amount of games it will be

THey may try to fine him.

But, I think the evidence is clear.

It wsan't in the act of the catch.

Adams was up and fighting for more yards.

He definitely hit the shit out of him.. But, I don't think it was malicious. Again, the ref only threw the flag when he saw him knocked out.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
That's subjective, but anybody with cognition could see he wasn't going anywhere. Amos had him wrapped up good, and nearby defenders were converging on him.

Then blow the whitle. The guy has a ball in his hands and it was not a play where he was completely stopped. Trevathan deserves zero blame for a legal hit.

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
That's subjective, but anybody with cognition could see he wasn't going anywhere. Amos had him wrapped up good, and nearby defenders were converging on him.

Okay so it's on the refs to do their job and blow the whistle.

Everyone wants to watch the car accident but are shocked when they start pulling the bodies out.

hello

Liked Posts:
THey may try to fine him.

But, I think the evidence is clear.

It wsan't in the act of the catch.

Adams was up and fighting for more yards.

He definitely hit the shit out of him.. But, I don't think it was malicious. Again, the ref only threw the flag when he saw him knocked out.

Was the flag even for defenseless receiver? I think it was thrown for it clearly being helmet to helmet

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
So Novak gets a trip to California for calling out dorkchops and telling it like it is and HeHateMe and Grimson have been banished there, but the prejudiced, DuPage County, Brett Favre jersey burning, Packer dorkchop can pull a Sunbiz and make online threats and he's unscathed. Nice to know this board has standards and integrity.

wisconsinbearsfan

Liked Posts:
He was a defenseless player because his forward progress as a runner had been stopped.
That is not the definition of a defenseless player.

A receiver is defenesless when he's in the act of making the catch.

Sorry. you're using the "defenseless player" tag incorrectly.
Nothing in here changes what I said.

1. Players in a defenseless posture are:
.....4. A runner already in the grasp of a tackler and whose forward progress has been stopped.

And sorry, I don't give reading lessons.

Edit: Haha, nice edit. If you watch the play again, you can actually see he's not fighting for yards, but actually being pushed slightly backwards. His forward progress had been stopped, but officials don't always blow the whistle when they should to give runners the benefit of the doubt. Officials also do not have the benefit of watching the play evolve in slow motion.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow! When I saw that, it was beyond football, I seriously feared for the mans health and all you do is roll your eyes a bit. You're sick. Yeah Green Bay sucks and I hate that organization but the dude is human. That was a cheap shot if I've ever seen one in my life, trevathon could have avoided it as Adams was already going down. Nobody deserves that.

He deserves to get suspended and fined heavily for that hit!

Chicago is a team that plays clean and hits hard, not dirty like that!

1) I played rugby for the love of the game without compensation, and I broke my neck doing so without health care.
2) Like I said, its my lesser intelligences, that have been rubbed raw by decades of malicious attacks that go undiscussed, ignored, and the league won't even throw a yellow 90% of the time. When the Packers suck all they do is try to injure the Bears. I have seen it so many times, yes....my initial reaction (after seeing his arm move!! only after...as limb movement is always the first thing I look for, I was fairly sure he was concussed, which we know is much worse than we though) was "about time."
3) in contact sports, if the ref doesn't police you you police yourself or for your teammates when necessary or outmatched. My team always intended to be clean, and outside of the occassional outburst of a couple hotheads was, however, if somebody gets dirty you show them what happens or it will only get worse. It has to stop at some point. That game was just getting out of hand, it was a very awkward play, and I feel like Danny will say it was not on purpose, it just happened and Adams was running hard all game and wasn't going down.

My eyesight is really really good...I don't know if that gets me off the hook. I saw his hand and arm move right away. I just know that now that we live in this sensationalized dramatic concussion conscious world this will be blown up, and the Packer sweeties will cry outrage that I am calloused about it...but I'm just bitter and angry after years and years beginning with Jim McMahon.

I still want to talk about that. That was assault on a football field. For no reason. Ridiculous, not even a football play.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
.....4. A runner already in the grasp of a tackler and whose forward progress has been stopped.

Okay, but it still falls upon the refs to blow the whistle. By letting the play continue, they're allowing the opportunity for the offensive player to get more yardage. If they're allowing that, then the defense has an opportunity to take a shot. Not one to the head mind you, and you can be sure he's going to at least be fined. My feeling is that he was trying to knock the ball loose and the receiver got low, but if I'm honest I have no idea what his intentions were.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:

Edit: Haha, nice edit. If you watch the play again, you can actually see he's not fighting for yards, but actually being pushed slightly backwards. His forward progress had been stopped, but officials don't always blow the whistle when they should to give runners the benefit of the doubt. Officials also do not have the benefit of watching the play evolve in slow motion.

He is fighting for yards.

Not going down.

Your "reading lessons" can't change what the video shows.

And again, the flag was only thrown when they saw the damage.

And he wasn't even ejected.

So...

I your post and your additional post has still not changed my mind on this.

Hard and unfortunate hit...

da_bears6

Liked Posts:

That hit happens in every single NFL game probably multiple times.

It was just bad luck that it was helmet to helmet. If he had hit anywhere but his head it would not have been a flag.

wisconsinbearsfan

Liked Posts:
He is fighting for yards.

Not going down.

Your "reading lessons" can't change what the video shows.

And again, the flag was only thrown when they saw the damage.

And he wasn't even ejected.

So...

I your post and your additional post has still not changed my mind on this.

Hard and unfortunate hit...

I'm pretty certain I said I don't give reading lessons. You could really use them though.