CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
That is not the definition of a defenseless player.

A receiver is defenesless when he's in the act of making the catch.

Sorry. you're using the "defenseless player" tag incorrectly.
Actually, based on what wisconsinbearsfan posted, that is a definition of a defenseless player:

4. A runner already in the grasp of a tackler and whose forward progress has been stopped.

If you Google, "NFL Defensless Player,"** you will see all the different definitions of who could be considered a defenseless player. Now if you want to argue that his forward progress wasn't stopped, by all means you are able to do that. I just don't think you'll win that argument.

** I can't link from work.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Ever

It's called negligence.

And....it's a penalty. So I'm not sure why the complaints. He should have been tossed just to make sure no other shit happened. It didn't, but the refs should have tossed him.

Liked Posts:
That wasn't a cheap shot the only reason why he was flagged was the aftermath. I agree the rivalry was getting out of had for the obvious refs not calling the game better. However I am sure there will be a fine maybe suspension but that is all technicality now. It's was hard to watch you don't want to see anyone like that but it's going to happen and for those who try and compact it to 30 years ago are absurd. That hit happens after the play was over not stopping the play so this is football this is going to happen from time to time. But it was absolutely not intended Danny is not a that kind of player never has been so. That wasn't the reason we lost glennon was

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rivalries in sports are grossly over stated and it's an old ass concept. With the roster turnovers and the opposing players hanging out with each other after the games it proves that rivales in sports are only being thought about by the fans and media.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You missed the point entirely. I never brought into question the intent of the hit, or as to if Danny had a history of being a dirty player. The fact still is, he lead with his head, has been taught not to do so, and knows of the possible repercussions if he does it. The results of his actions could have left a guy paralyzed for life. Yet some of the people here want to argue intent, as to if that should make a difference. I am saying as far as fines and suspensions go, it should not make a difference.
I think intent is everything. We disagree. No biggie. He'll be suspended, and we'll all move right along.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Actually, lost in all of this is the fact that he hit him with the crown of the helmet, which you certainly shouldn't be doing.

Just watched it in slow mo from a different angle. Now it is obvious he lead with the helmet so that deserves a penalty/fine. Still don't think it was a really late hit.

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is no place in the NFL for that hit. Trevathon should be suspended 4 games minimum.

Just dump him already, he hasn't done anything since we got him.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
"I regret the level I hit him at," Trevathan said. "But you got to understand, I had momentum, and I was just trying to make a play. ... Nothing intentional. It happens in this game."

Even though Trevathan was not ejected, he still could be subject to a suspension under league rules.

"I don't think it should be a suspension, but my main concern is that he's OK," Trevathan said.

"It was bad. I never wish that on nobody, especially after being hurt a couple times. I know how that is. Especially with the head and neck, you never wish that on nobody. You never want to see that, but this game is physical, and it happens. Hopefully, they can see my half of it."

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Just watched it in slow mo from a different angle. Now it is obvious he lead with the helmet so that deserves a penalty/fine. Still don't think it was a really late hit.

I've mentioned before that I referee, and that I know around a half dozen Big 10 officials, and two NFL officials. They will all tell you, "the whistle doesn't end the play. The play ends itself." Adams' legs may have been moving, but he wasn't going anywhere. Amos had him wrapped up, and someone else (can't remember). I think if you polled 25 NFL officials, they'll tell you the play was over. Trevathan came in like a fucking missile. With such an emphasis placed on player safety, i just don't see how anyone (not you) can say that play shouldn't have been flagged.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Still don't understand why the players are wearing helmets that is more like riot gear. NFL is too dumb to realize that the concussion problems are a result of helmets that make guys feel like they are in bubble wrap and can just fly around out there leading with reckless abandon. Give them a soft cap like in the old days and things will get better.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Agreed. This should have been the discussion all along. If he hits him with shoulderpad, the hit isn't nearly as bad. I definitely see a suspension coming.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Agreed. This should have been the discussion all along. If he hits him with shoulderpad, the hit isn't nearly as bad. I definitely see a suspension coming.

I think it'll be a heavy fine, but no suspension. Even Packers players admit he doesn't have a history of being a dirty player.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Still don't understand why the players are wearing helmets that is more like riot gear. NFL is too dumb to realize that the concussion problems are a result of helmets that make guys feel like they are in bubble wrap and can just fly around out there leading with reckless abandon. Give them a soft cap like in the old days and things will get better.

Adams helmet expanded to the sides Trevathan hit him so hard.. That was HD at it's finest, like when a boxer gets hit leaning into the punch. Surprised the facemask didn't crack/bust off. Hope he's alright, but that's entertainment for you. Those guys get paid better than most fighters who go to the hospital all the time for head trauma.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I think it'll be a heavy fine, but no suspension. Even Packers players admit he doesn't have a history of being a dirty player.

He's also not a repeat offender. Suspension wouldn't surprise me, but he's probably looking at $25,000 in fines.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I've mentioned before that I referee, and that I know around a half dozen Big 10 officials, and two NFL officials. They will all tell you, "the whistle doesn't end the play. The play ends itself." Adams' legs may have been moving, but he wasn't going anywhere. Amos had him wrapped up, and someone else (can't remember). I think if you polled 25 NFL officials, they'll tell you the play was over. Trevathan came in like a fucking missile. With such an emphasis placed on player safety, i just don't see how anyone (not you) can say that play shouldn't have been flagged.

So you know the shitty ones?

:beartroll:

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
He deserves a suspension...even without having a history like Burfict.

This isn't 1975 anymore, you can't lead with the crown of your helmet. Doug Plank was fun to watch back in the day...but that has no place in today's game.