Pena Claimed By Yankees (Update: Pulled Back)

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
So Yuniesky Bentancourt has scored 43 runs this season and Chase Headley has scored 42, therefore Headley is better??
No you don't use one stat or metric to judge whose better or who has more value............:obama:

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
So Yuniesky Bentancourt has scored 43 runs this season and Chase Headley has scored 42, therefore Headley is better??

Using that logic you could argue that wins are a useless stat since they don't reflect value of pitchers.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Using that logic you could argue that wins are a useless stat since they don't reflect value of pitchers.

Exactly what I was going for
No you don't use one stat or metric to judge whose better or who has more value............:obama:

But you just said to use runs scored and runs allowed. Now I'm not supposed to use runs scored?!

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
You really don't recognize how a stat can have value in a team setting versus an individual player?

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Exactly what I was going for

But you just said to use runs scored and runs allowed. Now I'm not supposed to use runs scored?!
:obama:

Use as many stats and metrics as you want to judge a player, if you use only one, that's not a great evaluation of a player or comparing players.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You really don't recognize how a stat can have value in a team setting versus an individual player?

I should have elaborated when I said exactly what i was looking for. I mean your reaction. I'm trying to say that yes, wins are an important stat, in fact the most important stat. Because that's all that matters. The point of my post was that using just runs is very inaccurate.

:obama:

Use as many stats and metrics as you want to judge a player, if you use only one, that's not a great evaluation of a player or comparing players.

But you just said to use runs scored and runs allowed. I was just following your logic.

2SeamHeat

I Know Nuffing!!!!!
Liked Posts:
There is fallacy in any stat that you use. That's the point, using stats, metrics, whatever, the ones you are using don't correlate to runs. The ones that I use, do. Does it really matter if I use metrics or stats or count ceiling tiles, as long as it tells me who is better? I don't think it does.

Sorry, but... can you please inform me as to how a team's total runs scored don't correlate to a team's ability to score runs? I don't care what metric you wish to use. If a team had the ability to score more... or less... runs, they would have.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sorry, but... can you please inform me as to how a team's total runs scored don't correlate to a team's ability to score runs? I don't care what metric you wish to use. If a team had the ability to score more... or less... runs, they would have.

:clap:

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I was talking about individual players...

2SeamHeat

I Know Nuffing!!!!!
Liked Posts:
I was talking about individual players...

But it began as a debate on the Cubs as a whole for the course of 65 years or whatever. You and Dab branched it off into individual players when you decided that Runs Scored didn't show how well a team could score runs... and that Runs Against didn't show how well a team could keep the other teams from scoring runs.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Isn't there some other Cubs forum moderator dude who can do that?