2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
once again JG is better than any QB in this draft.

Sent from my RCT6303W87M7 using Tapatalk

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Watch Pace give up the #3 pick and BB drafts Trubisky or Watson. I will lose my shit.

Lol there is no fucking way this would happen. First off, Pace would never give up the #3 for JG. Second, let's assume hypothetically he did, BB would never use the #3 on a QB after trading JG. Yes, I realize the rooks would be cost controlled for more years. However, he has Brissett already who he likes. He would undoubtedly draft one of the defensive difference makers at that spot.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
First off, Pace would never give up the #3 for JG.

I can only hope you're right.

Second, let's assume hypothetically he did, BB would never use the #3 on a QB after trading JG. Yes, I realize the rooks would be cost controlled for more years. However, he has Brissett already who he likes. He would undoubtedly draft one of the defensive difference makers at that spot.

How do you know this? You answered the point yourself - he has to trade JG if he wants to avoid losing him for nothing in FA. How do you know he considers Brissett to be the next franchise QB? Just because he's the latest guy on their roster doesn't mean he's the heir apparent. He could take one of the top QBs and upgrade the Brady-in-waiting position by leaps and bounds and they'll be fully developed by the time Brady retires.

He's built the most successful franchise in football without high draft picks for the last two decades; he doesn't need to use the #3 pick on a defender to keep that wagon rolling now. If he can use it to make sure he's got serious talent on the QB conveyor belt, he might very well do that.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No. You don't trade draft picks before a contract is signed. He will get a big contract before a single pass gets thrown.

What? that doesn't make any sense, or am I missing something? Are you saying NE would sign him to a LT deal and then trade?
OR
Are you saying Bears trade the pick(s) for his current contract and immediately offer him a LT contract before and get to the practice field??

Please clarify when he get the new contract???

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What? that doesn't make any sense, or am I missing something? Are you saying NE would sign him to a LT deal and then trade?
OR
Are you saying Bears trade the pick(s) for his current contract and immediately offer him a LT contract before and get to the practice field??

Please clarify when he get the new contract???

Any trade that happens will include an extension. It will be part of the deal.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lol there is no fucking way this would happen. First off, Pace would never give up the #3 for JG. Second, let's assume hypothetically he did, BB would never use the #3 on a QB after trading JG. Yes, I realize the rooks would be cost controlled for more years. However, he has Brissett already who he likes. He would undoubtedly draft one of the defensive difference makers at that spot.

IF somehow BB would get a top 3 pick he would trade it to some team for 7 other picks

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Any trade that happens will include an extension. It will be part of the deal.

Seriously? has this type of trade happened before? Also, I would think this would be more of a deterrent to the team trading, unless Jimmy would agree to play for well below market value. Do you agree?

I mean would you rather have him with his current contract and you decide what to offer him after you see him in your camp running your system...
If he is playing a high level then offer him the avg NFL starter QB contract...
If he can not pick up the basic concepts and you name Brian Hoyer as the 2017 Starting QB.. then maybe wait until into the season to extend him if at all... You only lose a draft pick.

However

If you give him the 5 year 80MIl contract that I am sure he is going to want then you are stuck with the contract and out draft picks..

Worst case is you wait and he plays like a top 5 QB and he wont take the 5 year 80 mil but wants 5 year 110 mil.. NO PROBLEM!! you have a top 5 QB at market value!

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No. Jimmy was two picks shy of hitting the third round and there's no reason to assume he's significantly better than that now.

Yes.

What about this current coaching staff has you so confident they can actually develop a rookie QB?

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Seriously IF Jimmy G signed a average NFL starting QB contract today, lets say a Ryan Tannenhill type contract.. Does that help or hurt his trade value?? I think hurt!! Nobody want to be stuck with him for a minimum o 3 years before you can part ways ..

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What about this current coaching staff has you so confident they can actually develop a rookie QB?

I don't know how well they'll develop him or how long they'll be here, but I'm looking to get the QB who will be the best for the next 12 years, not necessarily in September 2017 (which would admittedly be just about any vet over a rookie).

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Seriously? has this type of trade happened before? Also, I would think this would be more of a deterrent to the team trading, unless Jimmy would agree to play for well below market value. Do you agree?

I mean would you rather have him with his current contract and you decide what to offer him after you see him in your camp running your system...
If he is playing a high level then offer him the avg NFL starter QB contract...
If he can not pick up the basic concepts and you name Brian Hoyer as the 2017 Starting QB.. then maybe wait until into the season to extend him if at all... You only lose a draft pick.

However

If you give him the 5 year 80MIl contract that I am sure he is going to want then you are stuck with the contract and out draft picks..

Worst case is you wait and he plays like a top 5 QB and he wont take the 5 year 80 mil but wants 5 year 110 mil.. NO PROBLEM!! you have a top 5 QB at market value!

I don't think he's going to get a blockbuster contract, but there will be an extension as part of the trade. There's no way Jimmy is going to play for peanuts and gamble on his health for the last year at the back end of a meager rookie contract, and no way a team is going to give up valuable draft capital for a player on a one-year rental and then get have to massively overpay or let him hit the FA market.

There's just no way the trade happens without an extension being part of the deal. Business isn't done that way in the NFL.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know how well they'll develop him or how long they'll be here, but I'm looking to get the QB who will be the best for the next 12 years, not necessarily in September 2017 (which would admittedly be just about any vet over a rookie).

Watson has always been my second choice, if we cannot get JG for a 2nd and some pocket change. But the thought of Fox and Co, teaching a rook QB sends shivers down my spine. Not to mention if they get two years to do so. I would have been all on board to draft a rookie at three if Pace would have grew a pair and dumped Fox, but seeing how he pussed out, not sure that is the direction I would take.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Watson has always been my second choice, if we cannot get JG for a 2nd and some pocket change. But the thought of Fox and Co, teaching a rook QB sends shivers down my spine. Not to mention if they get two years to do so. I would have been all on board to draft a rookie at three if Pace would have grew a pair and dumped Fox, but seeing how he pussed out, not sure that is the direction I would take.

Well I also don't think it's a given that Fox will permanently ruin a rookie, particularly not one with the kind of mental make up Watson appears to have.

All in all I don't want the QB decision to be centered around Fox, who might be gone soon anyway.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I can only hope you're right.

How do you know this? You answered the point yourself - he has to trade JG if he wants to avoid losing him for nothing in FA. How do you know he considers Brissett to be the next franchise QB? Just because he's the latest guy on their roster doesn't mean he's the heir apparent. He could take one of the top QBs and upgrade the Brady-in-waiting position by leaps and bounds and they'll be fully developed by the time Brady retires.

He's built the most successful franchise in football without high draft picks for the last two decades; he doesn't need to use the #3 pick on a defender to keep that wagon rolling now. If he can use it to make sure he's got serious talent on the QB conveyor belt, he might very well do that.

Well, obviously I don't KNOW what BB would do...but do you HONESTLY think BB would trade JG, who he really likes, and use that pick on a QB that most people don't even have as a top 15 prospect? How long do you think BB will coach? How long do you think Brady will play? The smart money is he would use that pick on a player that could help him and Brady win one more Superbowl. Not a guy who's going to sit on the bench for a few years and will most likely play when Belichick is retired. He'd either draft a defensive player or trade the picks. This is purely hypothetical though because Pace would never trade the #3 for a 2nd round draft pick with 1.5 starts under his belt. Regardless of how highly he regards JG. That's fucking lunacy.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
From what I've seen from jimmy g, I think he's going to be an elite qb in this league.

That being said, it would be a tough pill to swallow to give up our third pick.

Also, I'm not as big of a fan of Allen as so many seem to be. One could make the same argument for him that he is a product of playing in a strong system and extremely talented defense that inflated his numbers. Again, I could be wrong but I see a lot of Bullard in his play. A lot of the sacks that I've seen were a product of taking advantage of a flushed qb in his direction. His run defense is legit though. The o-line players in the NFL are much better than college.

If it were guaranteed that jimmy g was the next top tier level qb, a Third pick would be a bargain but nothing is guaranteed

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
These QB threads are getting as boring and monotonous as liberals vs. conservatives on Facebook all day and night. Same people saying the same stuff in a different question format in every thread.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
No. Jimmy was two picks shy of hitting the third round and there's no reason to assume he's significantly better than that now.

Except that he was coached by the best coaching staff in the NFL for the last 3 years. Having the right coaches in place to develop players is a huge deal.. He has been developed by the best of the best.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well, obviously I don't KNOW what BB would do...but do you HONESTLY think BB would trade JG, who he really likes, and use that pick on a QB that most people don't even have as a top 15 prospect?

How do you know how much he likes him? He's trying to trade the guy; of course he's going to be talking about him in the press like he's the next Brady. He wants as much for him as he can get.

Aside from that, he has to trade JG. Brady has shown absolutely zero signs of decline whatsoever and wants to play for at least another five years. Jimmy isn't going to spend his entire career on a bench.

Also, Jimmy was the 62nd pick in the 2014 draft. It's not like he's getting rid of the first overall pick. If he were to take Pace's #3 for Jimmy and draft Watson/Kizer/Trubisky (if he likes any of them more than the others), he would essentially using the pick to buy himself the rest of Brady's career and not have to lose the heir apparent from his roster (I would argue that it's also an upgrade, but it's fine if you disagree).

What do you think is more important to BB, getting to keep the heir apparent in place, or drafting Jonathon Allen? I would bet major coin it's option A.

Last edited:

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Except that he was coached by the best coaching staff in the NFL for the last 3 years. Having the right coaches in place to develop players is a huge deal.. He has been developed by the best of the best.

So was Matt Cassel, and Ryan Mallett. That in itself doesn't prove anything. There is no history of QBs who developed in that system being good when they leave it and play elsewhere.