My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Holy shit we killed a penalty!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Will be interesting to see who gets chosen to be on penalty kill unit.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hagelstorm!

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Also, Strome is playing like he wants to be here. Nylander? Not so much.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Points to DeHaan for protecting Lankinen post-whistle.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well shee-it.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
This penalty kill…..

I can’t get excited. The PK is just so pathetic

Strome is actually playing like he doesn’t want to get shipped out or sent down, but I really don’t know if that’s enough. 60% on draws? Maybe you do find space for a shelter line.

Borgstrom has grown on me. Zero expectations but he’s been good enough to make this team. Maybe he needed a fire light under his ass and someone to say “this is it”

Hagel- brilliant

Do you drop Kura down to Rockford and put Hagel with Toews, Big Johnson with Dach and Borgstrom? Borgstrom will actually shoot the puck, Dach is useless at it.

Im sorry, but I’m losing interest in Kirby Dach. He’s above average at everything but the two things he’s needed to do, win faceoffs and shoot the puck on goal.

Lank was great. The D as usual is sus. And the PK is a tire fire

It’s going to take 45 wins to make the playoffs, idk if this team can get 45 wins as it stands

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Can we please get rid of the stupid ass stars of the game?

Granada

Liked Posts:
Points to DeHaan for protecting Lankinen post-whistle.

You notice how he kind of grabbed him and threw/spun him to the ice, instead of cross-checking him? Wonder if this will be the new technique for d-men moving forward.

Missed the second period, but from what I saw, I thought Dach was fairly noticeable this game. Not a big fan of younger Dach though.

What an absolutely sick penalty shot by Hagel.

I'm not the biggest Strome fan in the world, but I do think he should be in the lineup. You can say all you want about Borgstrom, Reichel, Entwistle, etc., but Strome is the better option, even if he's at wing. I liked his game last night. He's streaky as hell, and I wasn't opposed to trading him with the arrival of Johnson, but since he's here, he might as well be in the lineup.

Lastly, even if he is sent down, I don't think we've seen the last of Osipov. I like what he brings to the table and I think we'll see him against tougher/dirty teams in the future, if not on the back end, then on the 4th line.

Last edited:

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You notice how he kind of grabbed him and threw/spun him to the ice, instead of cross-checking him? Wonder if this will be the new technique for d-men moving forward.
I'm all for that if that's what needs to be done.
Missed the second period, but from what I saw, I thought Dach was fairly noticeable this game. Not a big fan of younger Dach though.

What an absolutely sick penalty shot by Hagel.
Understatement. :) At this point I don't think anyone can call themselves a 'hawks fan if they don't like Hagel.
I'm not the biggest Strome fan in the world, but I do think he should be in the lineup. You can say all you want about Borgstrom, Reichel, Entwistle, etc., but Strome is the better option, even if he's at wing. I liked his game last night. He's streaky as hell, and I wasn't opposed to trading him with the arrival of Johnson, but since he's here, he might as well be in the lineup.

Lastly, even if he is sent down, I don't think we've seen the last of Osipov. I like what he brings to the table and I think we'll see him against tougher/dirty teams in the future, if not on the back end, then on the 4th line.
At this point I agree. My issue with Strome last season was he seemed to be going through the motions and not really bringing it. So far this preseason he looks like he has. It looks like DeHaan as well looks like he's playing like he wants to be here.

I can deal with guys who bring it--at least until we find guys who do it better and also bring it. It's the floaters I can't stand.

I agree with you Osipov, and I'm hoping on Saturday that Nylander gets his (hopefully) last shot at the lineup. If he continues to float you gotta waive him. Stan won't, but I think this last preseason game should be "play like you want to be in the NHL or you won't be in the NHL."

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
My issue is….

If this team plays 100% every single game to their skill level, and still lose, I have no issue with that.

I have a problem when there’s three or four players out there half assing it and still getting a shift.

Kane takes shifts and games off, well guess what, he’s kind of earned that and is also willing to turn it on when needed.

Nylander, Strome, Mitchell, you make this team, play like it’s your last game, Hagel does. The kid plays like every shift is going to be his last.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Understatement. :) At this point I don't think anyone can call themselves a 'hawks fan if they don't like Hagel.

I can deal with guys who bring it--at least until we find guys who do it better and also bring it. It's the floaters I can't stand.

I agree with you Osipov, and I'm hoping on Saturday that Nylander gets his (hopefully) last shot at the lineup. If he continues to float you gotta waive him. Stan won't, but I think this last preseason game should be "play like you want to be in the NHL or you won't be in the NHL."

I wish I could Like this twice.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Let's hope the staff realizes this....

Play this kid with good players and we'll see numbers and I'd bet my ass on that......he's a lot more than a grinder!

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Thing about osipov is you see his limits and that's fine. You know what he is and will give you. Then you say well how can you keep that around instead of these young guys with all this skill and high ceiling. Except you are keeping guys based on what they should be and have shown they aren't instead of just taking a guy you know what he gives and it's the same level right now as all the underachievers. So just keep him. Dump the rest.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hagel-Toews-Kubalik
Cat-Strome/Borg-Kane
Kurashev-Dach-Johnson
Entwhistle-Carp-Gaudette
Khaira

Jones-Mitchell
Murphy-McCabe
De Haan-Stillman

Fleury
Lankinen

IR-Kalynuk, Jones

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thing about osipov is you see his limits and that's fine. You know what he is and will give you. Then you say well how can you keep that around instead of these young guys with all this skill and high ceiling. Except you are keeping guys based on what they should be and have shown they aren't instead of just taking a guy you know what he gives and it's the same level right now as all the underachievers. So just keep him. Dump the rest.
He already got sent down.