Pre-season Everything Thread

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I hope you're right and this is short-lived, but I don't know. If they call every cross-check that occurs in the playoffs, playoff hockey will never be the same again.
I agree and I'm also one who doesn't mind the PO's being called looser and I also don't mind the first cross-check in front going uncalled as long as it isn't around the neck area or down low where there's no protection but we've seen some bad ones go uncalled. I still wonder what Big Buff' back looked like after the SCF against Pronger?

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Or they will do what they did with hooking and completely banish it.

Right, but Foley made this statement before that article was released. He named many people who would be filling in for him during the game, maybe he was fuzzy on the details and thought Fuehring would get a shot at TV. Or he said somebody different, but could have sworn it was someone with an "A" in his name. I was just shocked he would say anyone but Wiedeman should replace him.
That article was over a week ago. Which means a lot of it was in place well before, so who know the names. I didn't hear what you are referring too, and i wish I could say Foley was too professional to come out and say something like that, but especially in his victory lap, I'm not sure what is going to come out of his mouth this year.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
I heard one account of him having a bone 'chip' near the top of his femur from blocking a shot and he just needed Tylenol to deal with the pain. The broken leg story was just something for Pat and Edzo to talk about while they were ignoring another game........athletes in all sports play with nagging bone chips.
Well, a chip and a break are two different things. I’m sure most of us are walking around with something chipped floating around in our bodies.

If CDH had a chip, then just say it’s a chip and nothing drastic like “This fucking hero played the year with a broken leg” like he’s Kurt Angle winning the olympics.

I chipped a tooth once eating a really hard nacho. I finished the entire plate. Winning?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he didn't know the leg was broken...how was the pain effecting him?

If he was in pain, and playing poorly...why did he slip through data analysis and keep getting rolled out their?

I hope he returns to the good flashes and puck moving and earns 4.5mil...not sure who this report exonerates.

We were down on him before the leg. Incredulous during the leg. I'm supposed to be happy I'll just be down on him again? While he makes 4 times his value and blocks yoots in Rockford?

I guess. Trying to be very patient here, I would say ok I'll keep an open mind with a more physically stout team around him his little bitch routine won't be a big deal since there aren't ten little bitches anymore and with some physical integrity around him his skills can shine and he'll be much better. OK. I hope it happens.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So Reichel to the Hogs with Connolly, saves 1.3 million or something.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If he didn't know the leg was broken...how was the pain effecting him?

If he was in pain, and playing poorly...why did he slip through data analysis and keep getting rolled out their?

That was my point: If DeHaan knew he had a bone chip or a tiny fracture that was affecting his play, he shouldn't have played. That's on either him or the coaching/management. If he didn't, but was in some pain, why didn't he talk to the team doctors about it, or if he did, why didn't they do something?

DeHaan is not a star much less a superstar. Him playing vs. not playing was not going to affect the team that much. We weren't a playoff team last season and arguably weren't a playoff team when we got gifted the play-in. He also didn't have really any stats to pad. In retrospect the only reason to play DeHaan was possibly to get the games played requirement up to expose him to expansion, but even then it was most certainly not a full load of games.

Plus, with trying to get good looks on Mitchell, Beaudin, and Kalnyuk, with Keith, Murph, and Zadorov on the roster, there was absolutely no need to play DeHaan, much less and injured DeHaan, over any of those three rookies. Remember, the team wasn't going anywhere, and even if the team would have been worse without DeHaan, that would improve our draft slot.

At this point DeHaan looks marginally better than last season. Marginally--like he won't shoot the team in the foot as-often, but doesn't look like a 4.5M defenseman. His contract expires so I'm betting that will be part of an uptick in his play. Best case he does well and we flip him at the TDL. Worst case we simply don't re-sign him. I seriously doubt he will overachieve his paycheck (behind JC or a real coach) and thus we'll have no reason to re-sign him (especially with Seth Jones' 9.5M kicking in next season). I think we can chalk him up to one more overpaid mid-pair D-man that didn't become what we needed them to be.
So Reichel to the Hogs with Connolly, saves 1.3 million or something.
I'm glad Reichel is sent down. Kid has a ton of promise but there is zero need to rush him.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
That was my point: If DeHaan knew he had a bone chip or a tiny fracture that was affecting his play, he shouldn't have played. That's on either him or the coaching/management. If he didn't, but was in some pain, why didn't he talk to the team doctors about it, or if he did, why didn't they do something?

DeHaan is not a star much less a superstar. Him playing vs. not playing was not going to affect the team that much. We weren't a playoff team last season and arguably weren't a playoff team when we got gifted the play-in. He also didn't have really any stats to pad. In retrospect the only reason to play DeHaan was possibly to get the games played requirement up to expose him to expansion, but even then it was most certainly not a full load of games.

Plus, with trying to get good looks on Mitchell, Beaudin, and Kalnyuk, with Keith, Murph, and Zadorov on the roster, there was absolutely no need to play DeHaan, much less and injured DeHaan, over any of those three rookies. Remember, the team wasn't going anywhere, and even if the team would have been worse without DeHaan, that would improve our draft slot.

At this point DeHaan looks marginally better than last season. Marginally--like he won't shoot the team in the foot as-often, but doesn't look like a 4.5M defenseman. His contract expires so I'm betting that will be part of an uptick in his play. Best case he does well and we flip him at the TDL. Worst case we simply don't re-sign him. I seriously doubt he will overachieve his paycheck (behind JC or a real coach) and thus we'll have no reason to re-sign him (especially with Seth Jones' 9.5M kicking in next season). I think we can chalk him up to one more overpaid mid-pair D-man that didn't become what we needed them to be.

I'm glad Reichel is sent down. Kid has a ton of promise but there is zero need to rush him.
They'll need him later too with injuries so needs as much ice time as possible right now for prep.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
During the first game, they interviewed CDH and he said the break was at the very tip of the bone and that the doctors said it wouldn't be damaged further by playing but it would be painful. He said he played through it took a lot of Advil. He also apologized to the fans for still being here which was LOL.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
During the first game, they interviewed CDH and he said the break was at the very tip of the bone and that the doctors said it wouldn't be damaged further by playing but it would be painful. He said he played through it took a lot of Advil. He also apologized to the fans for still being here which was LOL.
Dude you just clarified 3 paragraphs of the Lord's speculation in three sentences. Not cool. You gotta spice up some drama and drag it out with some color sprinkles at least. Like "yeah, the explanation they gave for why De Haan kept taking the ice when he couldn't see a nipple on a tit to suck it and is a global climate change hero for it, is because they wanted to expose him to Seattle knowing it was a block party at 4.5 mil."

Something like that. On another note I can actually get behind that. Thanks De Haan.

Now play good for 10 games so we can eat half your salary to jump at the chance to give away picks and Nylander with you for a potato chip.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

As part of an agreement with the IIHF, the NHL and the NHLPA, each country competing in the games was required to announce the first three players that will be included on the final rosters when they're announced in January. For the American management group, led by Chicago President of Hockey Operations and General Manager Stan Bowman, two Blackhawks were no-brainers to bring overseas, along with Toronto Maple Leafs forward Auston Matthews.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

I'll let the lineup talk for itself tonight.​

PROJECTED LINEUP

Hagel - K. Dach - Borgstrom
C. Dach - Strome - Gaudette
Barratt - R. Johnson - Osipov
Khaira - Entwistle - Hardman

McCabe - Murphy
Stillman - Galvas
de Haan - Mitchell

Lankinen
Subban

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Subban tonight?

My opinion:

They should got 50/50 with Subban and Lankinen tonight, or Subban tonight and Lankinen next game.

Whoever plays better gets the backup role. Lankinen should have the lead of course, but so far this preseason Subban has the better stats--those who watched can correct me of Subban actually looked better.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I see the PK is in last-game form.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nice save Lanky!

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
My opinion:

They should got 50/50 with Subban and Lankinen tonight, or Subban tonight and Lankinen next game.

Whoever plays better gets the backup role. Lankinen should have the lead of course, but so far this preseason Subban has the better stats--those who watched can correct me of Subban actually looked better.
Nah just roster 3 goalies.