Predictions of when Dale will be fired

GoCubs

Liked Posts:
My guess is that at the end of this season he will be dismissed, granted that the team is set up to fail, but this season has been a wreck of errors that have cost the cubs at least five games! What do you guys think?

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
He gets to serve out his contract at least. I suppose things could spiral out of control moreso than already and perhaps things could change, but if you ask me he gets to show an improvement in 2014 before they can him.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't think he will be fired at all. Think he probably won't be re-upped after 2014, though.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As much as he sucks he's here for this season and the next. After that they will let him go..

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Right, because an awful team playing awful means the manager should be fired. Sveum actually seems like he could be pretty good with a half-way decent team, not his fault at all.

patg006

Liked Posts:
My guess is that at the end of this season he will be dismissed, granted that the team is set up to fail, but this season has been a wreck of errors that have cost the cubs at least five games! What do you guys think?

They shoulda shitcanned him opening week;

He probably wont until after next year. I got a feeling Jedstein is setting up to steal Joe Madden.....though wont be surprise if they fall flat on their faces doing so and wind up with Walt Weiss or something.

GoCubs

Liked Posts:
I'm not saying that the team isn't bad but there has been zero accountability as he boasts about, and he just sits there behind the dugout and doesn't say anything. Dude needs to wake up and actually coach his players, not sit on his @$$.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
They should have just kept Quade until they were ready to compete.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have always thought that Sveum would not be the coach when this team is ready to compete. I like him as a teacher of baseball. I dont like his in game managing.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
I think they will let him finish his contract even if the Cubs finish with a worse record than last season.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Right, because an awful team playing awful means the manager should be fired. Sveum actually seems like he could be pretty good with a half-way decent team, not his fault at all.

:support:

Just like you have no clue if Phil Jackson is a good coach or not, I am not sure at all that Dale is a bad coach. He could be, but this team it's impossible to tell really. Leading off the pitcher to start the ball game would help :lol:

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Stuff like this will cause the break:

Cubs manager Dale Sveum is upset with his team's recent play and says that players who don't perform won't have big-league jobs, Gordon Wittenmyer of the Chicago Sun Times reports. That goes for top young players Starlin Castro and Anthony Rizzo. "I don’t think [anyone’s] invincible if you’re not performing," Sveum says regarding Castro and Rizzo. "It’s not about what we think can happen three or four years from now. It’s time to perform on a consistent basis."

Wittenmyer writes that Sveum's harsh words for Castro and Rizzo "threw a sudden dose of skepticism and doubt into the widespread assumptions about the Cubs’ core," but acknowledges that, in reality, Castro and Rizzo will be with the Cubs for the foreseeable future. Sveum is suggesting they might be demoted, but that seems extremely unlikely, and it's even less likely that either of them would be traded. The Cubs signed Castro to a seven-year, $60MM contract last August. Rizzo is not signed to a long-term deal. Both players have hit well this season despite occasional mistakes in the field. Here are more notes from around the majors.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
That would be Dale quitting, not getting fired though

AmericanFlyer1

Liked Posts:
Like a few of you have said already, I don't think he'll be fired at all.

However, whenever this team decides it wants to compete for something other than the first overall pick in a draft, that will be when this clown is shown the door. I don't see that happening anytime soon though.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Dale's a putz and should have been fired after last season's trial.

May as well just put a six foot dildo with a tattoo on it in the dugout and put a cap on it.

:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Stuff like this will cause the break:

Cubs manager Dale Sveum is upset with his team's recent play and says that players who don't perform won't have big-league jobs, Gordon Wittenmyer of the Chicago Sun Times reports. That goes for top young players Starlin Castro and Anthony Rizzo. "I don’t think [anyone’s] invincible if you’re not performing," Sveum says regarding Castro and Rizzo. "It’s not about what we think can happen three or four years from now. It’s time to perform on a consistent basis."

Wittenmyer writes that Sveum's harsh words for Castro and Rizzo "threw a sudden dose of skepticism and doubt into the widespread assumptions about the Cubs’ core," but acknowledges that, in reality, Castro and Rizzo will be with the Cubs for the foreseeable future. Sveum is suggesting they might be demoted, but that seems extremely unlikely, and it's even less likely that either of them would be traded. The Cubs signed Castro to a seven-year, $60MM contract last August. Rizzo is not signed to a long-term deal. Both players have hit well this season despite occasional mistakes in the field. Here are more notes from around the majors.

According to Miles, he never mentioned Castro or Rizzo at all, but what is he supposed to say "Anyone is at risk of being sent down, oh, except Castro and Rizzo, they can bat a .050 and we'll keep them up"?

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
According to Miles, he never mentioned Castro or Rizzo at all, but what is he supposed to say "Anyone is at risk of being sent down, oh, except Castro and Rizzo, they can bat a .050 and we'll keep them up"?

It's kind of silly to throw the whole team under the truck like that. Especially because everyone called his bluff.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:

God forbid anyone question Castro being a top 3 shortstop in the league or Rizzo a franchise 1B.

patg006

Liked Posts:
Dale's a putz and should have been fired after last season's trial.

May as well just put a six foot dildo with a tattoo on it in the dugout and put a cap on it.

:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:

^This