1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
God forbid anyone question Castro being a top 3 shortstop in the league or Rizzo a franchise 1B.

Right, so not being a top 3 SS or a franchise 1B means they're getting sent down and he definitely meant that :rolleyes:

Anno Catuli

World Series Dreaming
Liked Posts:
Unlike your normal manager, he is not getting graded on record. He is here to develop the younger players and be a place holder until he team is ready to compete.

The question is, how have Castro, Rizzo, Barney and Castillo improved in his time here.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Right, so not being a top 3 SS or a franchise 1B means they're getting sent down and he definitely meant that :rolleyes:

No one said they were getting sent down.

Sveum simply stated that no one was invincible.

Your usual quality reading skills on display once again.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
What's Dale suppost to do when the players aren't there? If nothing improves after next season, then he'll be gone. He signed a 3-year contract, so yeah.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
No one said they were getting sent down.

Sveum simply stated that no one was invincible.

Your usual quality reading skills on display once again.

Considering I was quoting that the media hype about them being sent down was false, ya, someone kinda was suggesting it. I understand what he meant, the media kept talking about Sveum threatening to send them down. Nice reading skills yourself.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
What's Dale suppost to do when the players aren't there? If nothing improves after next season, then he'll be gone. He signed a 3-year contract, so yeah.

This coming from the board's biggest Epstein ball nibbler. Are you saying now that Epstein has failed the Mighty Dale ?

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
This coming from the board's biggest Epstein ball nibbler. Are you saying now that Epstein has failed the Mighty Dale ?

Pretty sure Sveum and Epstein both knew this team wasn't going to be competing for a few years, and they weren't going to do much to prevent this from being the case.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Pretty sure Sveum and Epstein both knew this team wasn't going to be competing for a few years, and they weren't going to do much to prevent this from being the case.

Great point.

It isn't like the Head of Baseball Operations main job is to make the team competitive or anything.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Great point.

It isn't like the Head of Baseball Operations main job is to make the team competitive or anything.

:rolleyes:

All I'm saying is I'm sure that Sveum was informed that we weren't going to be competitive before he even took this job.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
:support:

Just like you have no clue if Phil Jackson is a good coach or not....

I think I'm missing something here. Inside joke maybe?

patg006

Liked Posts:

All I'm saying is I'm sure that Sveum was informed that we weren't going to be competitive before he even took this job.

You mean a perennial bench coach said 'yes' to a crappy coaching opportunity on a rebuild team? Isnt that how most candidates get their starts?

Thanks captain obvious :enough:

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:

There are plenty of coaches who take jobs that they know aren't going to be competitive before they take the job and end up getting fired.

By that brilliant theory, no basketball coach would have ever gotten fired by the Clippers or Northwestern.

patg006

Liked Posts:
By that brilliant theory, no basketball coach would have ever gotten fired by the Clippers or Northwestern.

Hey, hey.....easy. My Cats suck at basketball sure, and this Collins guy didnt do himself any favors ignoring the first 4 star recruit who up and left for Seton Hall (most likely woke up from his hangover)......but football you better watch out for this year. :eek:hmy:

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
There are plenty of coaches who take jobs that they know aren't going to be competitive before they take the job and end up getting fired.

No, doesn't mean they shouldn't be fired, but losing these two years don't merit a firing of the manager.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
sveum is basically the cubs doug collins when he was the bulls coach.. he here to basically teach and mold the younger core that will or could be on the team when their ready to compete..

im sure what he said was out of frustration but it also could be to see if players like castro, rizzo, castillo can and will step up to the challenge of his threat and prove themselves to management that they can be or are solid players and ones that can be part of the future core of this team.

what i would like to see sveum start doing more now seeing that his team struggles offensively is start making things happen a little more with base stealing, hit and runs you know try to manufacture runs a little more especially with the lower end of the order...

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
No, doesn't mean they shouldn't be fired, but losing these two years don't merit a firing of the manager.

Then it does merit the firing of our Great Creator. The young stallion who can do no wrong and cannot be harnessed.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
sveum is basically the cubs doug collins when he was the bulls coach.. he here to basically teach and mold the younger core that will or could be on the team when their ready to compete..

i shouldve added after this that when that time comes, upper management will then decide if sveum is the right guy to lead them once their ready to compete and i think that will depend on how the team responds to him from here on til the end of his contract which expires after next yr.
i think he will get an opportunity to lead the team as it improves and prob. get a 2 yr extension thru 2016 to see if he is capable of getting them into the playoffs and compete for a pennant once there.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Then it does merit the firing of our Great Creator. The young stallion who can do no wrong and cannot be harnessed.

under normal circumstances id agree, but you have to remember epstein and hoyer are only doing what ricketts has asked them to do and thats rebuild the team from bottom up while keeping payroll at a minimum..
so, if we should have a gripe with anyone on this team for what it is it should be the ricketts..

what their doing is basically a 3-5 yr process depending on the growth of their younger core, so at least IMO these next 3 off seasons, trade deadlines is where im going to judge what epstein and hoyer does as far as improving the roster because i expect more core players to stick each year and by the end of yr 5 i expect to see a complete rotation and starting 8 thats ready to compete..

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats

No, it doesn't merit anyone being fired right now.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Hey, hey.....easy. My Cats suck at basketball sure, and this Collins guy didnt do himself any favors ignoring the first 4 star recruit who up and left for Seton Hall (most likely woke up from his hangover)......but football you better watch out for this year. :eek:hmy:

Sorry.

Should I use Kansas Football as an example then? lol

Turner Gill was brought in, everyone knew the team was going to be bad and he got fired two years into a five year contract.

Happy? :fap: