Proof that Hip/Hop and Rap Sucks...

Livewire

Liked Posts:
Once a Hip/Hop or Rap song has been out for over a month it is considered old and over played...

...while music Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd released 40 years ago is still some of the most popular and amazing music ever. Not to mention the fact that they actually have instrumental talent and wrote the music rather than "sample" other peoples stuff to create songs.

Thoughts?

chs234

Liked Posts:
or it's just that the old hags back in the day don't write music anymore? so the only way for their fans to listen to there crap is to put in teh CD into the car. It can't be overplayed if it is never on the radio.

Livewire

Liked Posts:
or it's just that the old hags back in the day don't write music anymore? so the only way for their fans to listen to there crap is to put in teh CD into the car. It can't be overplayed if it is never on the radio.

Umm #1 I don't listen to the radio... but just because it is not played on ****** B96 does not mean it is not on the radio....

In fact Sirius/XM has a station dedicated to only Led Zeppelin... And Robert Plant released an album this month...

chs234

Liked Posts:
there's also a station dedicated to Elvis btw. how else would people be able to listen to those songs without sirius though? Fabolous is coming out with an album August 31st

who in the world is Robert Plant.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Once a Hip/Hop or Rap song has been out for over a month it is considered old and over played...

...while music Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd released 40 years ago is still some of the most popular and amazing music ever. Not to mention the fact that they actually have instrumental talent and wrote the music rather than "sample" other peoples stuff to create songs.

Thoughts?

if you are going to attempt to argue your point, you need to step up your game on your debate.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Led Zeppelin is nothing more than a glorified tribute band.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Of course 60's-70's-early 80's rock is going to be the more popular genre amongst Americans. They (the bands and the music) came to prominence almost in lockstep with the coming-of-age of America's largest generation. Many of the people identified in this generation are still at (or at least just exiting) the peaks of the respective earning powers, and what albums do you think they are most likely to buy on iTunes? What bands are they most likely going to dole out cash to see? The ones they grew up with.

Rap is still in its relative early years, and couldn't possibly have the following that Rock and Roll does, so to say "dah, dat rap crap sucks because it doesn't have the following of one of the largest demographics in US history" is just plain silly.

Fakebigben

Beer Pong Champion
Liked Posts:
Rap is awesome. It's free will to make songs about slappin' a bitch and fuckin' a hoe. HOW COULD YOU NOT LOVE THAT?!?!

GrinderBall41

Sox/B'Hawks/Bears/Purdue
Liked Posts:
Without rap I would have no idea how to run a successful crack-dealing business... I wouldn't know that women are just bitches and are only good for shaking their asses... And I wouldnt know that big shiny gaudy wheel on old ugly cars is HELLA TIGHT YO!!!

Livewire

Liked Posts:
To be fair to nagger music... I find almost every mainstream rock band to suck as well (Nickleback, Rolling Stones, and other pop rock).

GrinderBall41

Sox/B'Hawks/Bears/Purdue
Liked Posts:
To be fair to nagger music... I find almost every mainstream rock band to suck as well (Nickleback, Rolling Stones, and other pop rock).

Agreed. I miss good bands like Creed.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
srs. the flow of B.O.B is insane.

Please leave this thread. Rap on the radio is shit.

Also there is a huge distinction between rap (shit on the radio rapping about rims) and hip-hop.

Rap is soulja boi, when Hip-Hop is stuff like Nas.

Lefty

Liked Posts:

Should have seen this coming. This is the thinly-veiled racist garbage you get from unintelligent, uppity crackers. If you don't like the music because you see "those people" blaring it instead of drunken old white guys that can barely play their instruments, just come out and fucking say it.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Please leave this thread. Rap on the radio is shit.

Also there is a huge distinction between rap (shit on the radio rapping about rims) and hip-hop.

Rap is soulja boi, when Hip-Hop is stuff like Nas.

Rush. Rush is my guy.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Led Zeppelin

w by popular demand! A list of some of the songs Zep stole from other artists:

* "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You" - A folk song by Anne Bredon, this was originally credited as "traditional, arranged by Jimmy Page," then "words and music by Jimmy Page," and then, following legal action, "Bredon/Page/Plant."
* "Black Mountain Side" - uncredited version of a traditional folk tune previously recorded by Bert Jansch.
* "Bring It On Home" - the first section is an uncredited cover of the Willie Dixon tune (as performed by the imposter Sonny Boy Williamson).
* "Communication Breakdown" - apparently derived from Eddie Cochran's "Nervous Breakdown."
* "Custard Pie" - uncredited cover of Bukka White's "Shake 'Em On Down," with lyrics from Sleepy John Estes's "Drop Down Daddy."
* "Dazed And Confused" - uncredited cover of the Jake Holmes song (see The Above Ground Sound Of Jake Holmes).
* "Hats Off To (Roy) Harper" - uncredited version of Bukka White's "Shake 'Em On Down."
* "How Many More Times" - Part one is an uncredited cover of the Howlin' Wolf song (available on numerous compilations). Part two is an uncredited cover of Albert King's "The Hunter."
* "In My Time Of Dying" - uncredited cover of the traditional song (as heard on Bob Dylan's debut).
* "The Lemon Song" - uncredited cover of Howlin' Wolf's "Killing Floor" - Wolf's publisher sued Zeppelin in the early 70s and settled out of court.
* "Moby Dick" - written and first recorded by Sleepy John Estes under the title "The Girl I Love," and later covered by Bobby Parker.
* "Nobody's Fault But Mine" - uncredited cover of the Blind Willie Johnson blues.
* "Since I've Been Lovin' You" - lyrics are the same as Moby Grape's "Never," though the music isn't similar.
* "Stairway To Heaven" - the main guitar line is apparently from "Taurus" by Spirit.
* "White Summer" - uncredited cover of Davey Graham's "She Moved Through The Fair."
* "Whole Lotta Love" - lyrics are from the Willie Dixon blues "You Need Love."

The 5 Most Famous Musicians Who Are Thieving Bastards | Cracked.com

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiiY4ciKFQA]YouTube - Led Zeppelin Examples of Plagarism (Part 1)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zThdTAWQFAQ&feature=related]YouTube - Led Zeppelin Plagiarism Part 2[/ame]

Undisputed

Liked Posts:
I like the older rap more than the modern garbage that's going on now. A lot of rap/hip-hop artists of today will be forgotten tomorrow, but you can't sit there and say there aren't(or won't be) any rap classics. I'm mainly a rock/metal fan, but I appreciate good rap music when I hear it. As mentioned before in this thread, rap is a young genre compared to all others.

EnjoyYourTiger

That weird bear thing.
Donator
Liked Posts:
There's good rap/ hip-hop/ what ever you want to call it and then there's the stuff that between listening to it and cutting off a finger... well, hand me a knife. Drake, Akon, T.I., I think are pretty solid when it comes to the modern stuff. But the Black Eyed Peas, that airplanes song, and lady gaga should all as a collective jump into the Atlantic wearing cement shoes.

Also, nothing will ever touch Tupac or Biggie.