Proof that Hip/Hop and Rap Sucks...

Bob Kuzzy

Liked Posts:
Once a Hip/Hop or Rap song has been out for over a month it is considered old and over played...

...while music Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd released 40 years ago is still some of the most popular and amazing music ever. Not to mention the fact that they actually have instrumental talent and wrote the music rather than "sample" other peoples stuff to create songs.

Thoughts?

I think this is proof that you fucking suck.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
lmao bob kuzzy

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
I don't think its fair to tell anyone their music sucks.

FWIW I don't like hip hop/rap by anymeans (unless its Nu Metal).

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
Music is such a hugely subjective thing to discuss because it's all about personal choice and what emotion or feeling each person gets out of a particular piece or kind of music. I hardly ever discuss religion, politics, or music with people for that very reason. It inevitably turns into "what I like stands the test of time/is more musical/uses the right instruments, etc." and "what you like is bullshit and can't last." I guess I just can't see the angle of putting down someone's else's taste in music, because everyone looks for something different in what they listen to. I listen to just about every kind of music made. Why limit yourself to just one or two items when there's such a buffet available?

I will say this, I guess: people have been saying "rap is dead" or "rap is crap" for 30 years now, and guess what? It's still around. That's gotta tell you something.

stormbolter73

Liked Posts:
I'm not a huge rap fan but there are always exceptions. If a band or artist is talented, that talent comes through. To shut yourself off to one type of music just because you like another type is ignorant at best and tragic at worst.

Nothing screams good times like pumping NWA as loud as you can, pull up next to another car and they turn to see a 20 something white guy with tattoos and a mohawk! For that fact alone, Easy E will always have a place in my heart.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not going to say rap sucks.. At least not entirely..

I'd like some stuff that doesn't sound exactly the same as other songs though.