Proof that Hip/Hop and Rap Sucks...

Livewire

Liked Posts:
In re: Breadfan......what that done as a cover?? I only ask because the youtube comments lead me to believe that. If so, I would think Budgie would be credited.

Yes that entire album (Garage Inc) was released as a cover album by Metallica... credit is given to every original artist on the CD.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Yes that entire album (Garage Inc) was released as a cover album by Metallica... credit is given to every original artist on the CD.
Probably something that Metallica should have never done.

EDIT: I mean that entire album. Awful.

derosabomb

Joecawks is a dope
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
Holy shit.....now for the life of me I can't think of the song that I've most recently heard that in.

lol well it could be just about anything, since it is used so fucking often.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
lol well it could be just about anything, since it is used so fucking often.
It's something that has been released recently. With a chick singing. Can't think of it right now.

In any event, the two best songs ever written and ever performed (not these exact performances) are the following....
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEq62iQo0eU]YouTube - Chuck Berry - Johnny B. Goode live[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZStOLwTNrY]YouTube - Chubby Checker & The Wildcats - The Twist[/ame]

/thread

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
It's Marvin, your cousin, MARVIN PLANT. You know that new sound you've been looking for? Well listen to this.

derosabomb

Joecawks is a dope
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
Once a Hip/Hop or Rap song has been out for over a month it is considered old and over played...

...while music Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd released 40 years ago is still some of the most popular and amazing music ever. Not to mention the fact that they actually have instrumental talent and wrote the music rather than "sample" other peoples stuff to create songs.

Thoughts?

/THREAD

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Well, let me put it this way....

I'm currently working on a thesis for my masters' degree. Is it alright for me to quote a previous work without properly citing it in text, or in my reference page?

If not, what is the difference with not putting the work done by a previous artist on the record?

To use that comparison, is like saying you were cleared for your work being educational. But if you became rich and famous, and your thesis is published, makes you a ton of money ect, and those authors comer back and sue you for not requesting their permission, that is completely fine? Jimmy Page did credit Holmes when they covered the song, but when it was reworked, ASCAP did not recognize the song for being a copy, and awarded Zeppelin a unique license.

If they took the song 100%, word for word, and note for note, I agree, they should have gotten permission and credited the originals. Janis Joplin had such a unique voice, she was never in trouble with getting her own unique licenses for doing the same thing. I swear, many major hits, you'll find this same flaw of influence, and lack of credit or permission.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sllllllllllllllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Done.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls

Garage Inc wasn't the original album. The original album was "The $5.98 E.P Garage Days Re-Revisited" Garage Inc was later.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
it's marvin, your cousin, marvin plant. You know that new sound you've been looking for? Well listen to this.

lol...

That's a total mindfuck too, if you think about it, in these contexts. The original came from someone not born yet.

Fakebigben

Beer Pong Champion
Liked Posts:
baby-crying.jpg

"WAHHHHHHHHHHHH. Why are people having an intelligent conversation when this is the place where I like to fuck around?"

This is CCS. There is no such thing as an intelligent conversation.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Oh snap we got schooled by the guy who acts like multiple fake athletes on twitter.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcxpbhM0DaA]YouTube - Oh Snap ! Peter Stormare[/ame]

Got teeth? Keith doesn't.

JoeHawks is a fine gent
Liked Posts:

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
^ohh awkard

im not a big gay guy
0.jpg