PSA: Nagy, Fangio, Helfrich and Tabor speaking with reporters today at Halas Hall

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Don’t know one person who thought the defense was more fox than fangio. We all knew it was fangios defense.
giphy.gif

I'll throw myself under the bus and say I thought Fox had his hand in the defense. Think a lot of people assumed he was pulling some strings, but overall it was Fangio's design.

BearbaFett

Liked Posts:
fox let his coordinators do their thing

he wass simply just the challenge flag holder/thrower

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
giphy.gif

I'll throw myself under the bus and say I thought Fox had his hand in the defense. Think a lot of people assumed he was pulling some strings, but overall it was Fangio's design.

Biggs said there were major and obvious frustrations in 2016 between Fox and Fangio, but Fox kept his nose out of the defense in ‘17

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Fox: I'm just here to chew gum and throw flags and I'm fresh out of gum.

AussieBear

so do all bald guys stumble wiff they words.. helfrich and nagy.. um er eee er everybody um the yeah.

someone needs to tell helfrich to wear a hat.. pale bald head be disgusting.. nagy gots it and wore one during da staff announcement.

tabor still thinks he be in cleveland.. yessssss hahahaa

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

I'm hoping to see Fangio coaching from the sidelines next year and on. I just don't like when the DC is up in the boxes coaching for some reason cause i want him around his players. Now of course they do get a better look at everything that's going on with both sides of the ball from up in the boxes and it might have been Fangio that wanted to be up there but i just prefer my DC to be around his players during games.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don’t know one person who thought the defense was more fox than fangio. We all knew it was fangios defense.

Some people here thought that Fox was keeping Fangio from being more aggressive.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
1357779682604.jpeg

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Some people here thought that Fox was keeping Fangio from being more aggressive.

I don't remember him every being very aggressive in SF either. I remember he would occasionally blitz with Wilhoite. Seems to always have been a pressure with 4 kind of guy.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:

Vic’s never been aggressive. 9er fans will tell you that Vic rarely blitzed. He’s just very good at teaching the game, disguising who rushes, and he has to be one of the better game planners and play callers in the league.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm hoping to see Fangio coaching from the sidelines next year and on. I just don't like when the DC is up in the boxes coaching for some reason cause i want him around his players. Now of course they do get a better look at everything that's going on with both sides of the ball from up in the boxes and it might have been Fangio that wanted to be up there but i just prefer my DC to be around his players during games.

You prefer your DC? :lmao:Have you conveyed that to Vic? Sorry but that is up to VF. I would think in this stage of his career he knows where he can call the best game from.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You prefer your DC? :lmao:Have you conveyed that to Vic? Sorry but that is up to VF. I would think in this stage of his career he knows where he can call the best game from.

No, no... some guy on an internet board with virtually no experience should be making that call...silly.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

But you can bet Fox had input with Fangio not having total control. Fangio wanted out of Chicago and it was because of Fox.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Vic’s never been aggressive. 9er fans will tell you that Vic rarely blitzed. He’s just very good at teaching the game, disguising who rushes, and he has to be one of the better game planners and play callers in the league.

You need the horses to be aggressive. Tough to do with all the injuries.

But yeah he is not the sell out blitz type. The other thing he does well is confuse QBs with coverage. He likes mixing zone and man on the same play where the LBs will be in a zone but the CBs will be playing man. It causes the QB to have to pause because they are expecting the CB to pass off the WR but the CB doesnt because he is playong man.

Part of the reason Bears still got a lot of sacks despite the injuries IMO. QBs confused by their zone vs man reads.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You need the horses to be aggressive. Tough to do with all the injuries.

But yeah he is not the sell out blitz type. The other thing he does well is confuse QBs with coverage. He likes mixing zone and man on the same play where the LBs will be in a zone but the CBs will be playing man. It causes the QB to have to pause because they are expecting the CB to pass off the WR but the CB doesnt because he is playong man.

Part of the reason Bears still got a lot of sacks despite the injuries IMO. QBs confused by their zone vs man reads.

This, he doesn't send pressure often in the form of blitzes because his style of defense doesn't really need it often when its played right. Despite lacking some pass rushers throughout the year and missing his defensive signal caller for some games. He's no Dick LeBeau sending zone blitzes early and often.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I can’t lie, this excites me. I suspect that Vic’s aggressiveness was held in check by Fox. They were reported to be clashing. The fact that Vic stayed, when he had plenty of options, tells me that he is buying in to Nagy’s vision. It also shows me that Nagy is not a raging ego/Head case. For a rookie HC, he is putting together a hell of a staff.

Back to Vic. Since his defense is already fully installed, mixing in more exotic looks and pressures will be short work. Sprinkle in another pass rusher, and his defense could easily crack top 5.

If I had to guess, I would wager that Nagy is giving Vic carte blanche over the defense. As he should.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk