PSA: Nagy, Fangio, Helfrich and Tabor speaking with reporters today at Halas Hall

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's a 3/4 but he usually sends 4 and mixes from where.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This, he doesn't send pressure often in the form of blitzes because his style of defense doesn't really need it often when its played right. Despite lacking some pass rushers throughout the year and missing his defensive signal caller for some games. He's no Dick LeBeau sending zone blitzes early and often.

Well just one point of clarification. He does blitz since technically any pass rusher other than the 3 down lineman is a bltzer in the 3-4. As Bearly notes, the blitzer can simply come from damn near anywhere on the field hence why sometimes Floyd had to drop back in coverage. He may also overload blitz and have say 3 guys rushing from the same side of the field. What he doesn't do a lot is send a sell out blitz which I would define as sending more guys than the Offense has to block.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I watched the whole thing on my commute home last night.

Fangio doesn't sound like he wants to be here.... but on the bright side Fangio doesn't sound like he wants to be anywhere.

He is fucking weird.... they threw him softballs like "Was it nice to hear players and fans speaking up in support of you staying?"

And his answer was more/less "I mean yeah whatever, don't get carried away.... it didn't matter"

Every question about what got him to stay was answered with some form of "Idk I'm just here, it is what it is.... nothing swayed me to stay"... which to me reads as "I wasn't left with many good options, this was the lesser of a number of dwindling evils"

Fangio doesn't like Nagy.... but on the bright side he doesn't like anyone.... literally anyone.

Tabor is a hiliarious meatball.... be prepared for our ST to be flaky af.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
You prefer your DC? :lmao:Have you conveyed that to Vic? Sorry but that is up to VF. I would think in this stage of his career he knows where he can call the best game from.

Oh man you got me on that one. I feel so silly now. :obama:

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Fangio doesn't sound like he wants to be here.... but on the bright side Fangio doesn't sound like he wants to be anywhere.

He is fucking weird.... they threw him softballs like "Was it nice to hear players and fans speaking up in support of you staying?"

And his answer was more/less "I mean yeah whatever, don't get carried away.... it didn't matter"

Every question about what got him to stay was answered with some form of "Idk I'm just here, it is what it is.... nothing swayed me to stay"... which to me reads as "I wasn't left with many good options, this was the lesser of a number of dwindling evils"

Fangio doesn't like Nagy.... but on the bright side he doesn't like anyone.... literally anyone.

lol, that is a funny take on the presser, but ya Fangio does seem like a bit of a strange bird, prolly why he got along so great with Harbaugh......or maybe he just really doesn't like doing the media stuff, which I suspect is the root of it. He's not a podium guy. The players seem to really like him which is all that matters.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:

Tabor is a hilarious meatball.... be prepared for our ST to be flaky af.
I got blasted by someone for posting the twitter statement during contract limbo saying he was a really odd cat and people really shouldn't read into the the guy or even try to start picking apart his thought processes/actions.

He said he didn't take being passed up for the HC job personally, but it's obvious he takes it personal in his mind of his capabilities. I like the part where he said Pace came to him, and he was very clear on taking the interview not interfering with a new HCs decision to consider him as the DC. He already knew he wasn't going to get the job, and maybe wanted to stay if everything aligned correctly.

Seems to like the overall vision and direction of the team. Not just the D, but the offense as well. Believes in Mitch, which is also a plus.

I agree with what he said about getting caught up in the players voicing opinions. It's nice and all, but he stated decisions shouldn't be made based on emotions. I 100% with that. Thought it was just him being somewhat humble and business minded.

Relate to his personality. I don't like anyone either, or it always comes across that way. Probably very introverted dude. He's good in my book. Seems to let his sense of humor shine through at times. Probably a funny dude when he lets you in. I like it.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Vic’s never been aggressive. 9er fans will tell you that Vic rarely blitzed. He’s just very good at teaching the game, disguising who rushes, and he has to be one of the better game planners and play callers in the league.

when you have Patrick willis of course your D is good

dawags

Liked Posts:
I'm ok with Fangio not being blitz crazy as his results speak for themselves. His D is usually in the lower end of the league in giving up long plays but I wish he was more aggressive against rookie QBs. As evidenced by Trubs' early games, they usually have trouble recognizing blitzes and he seems to let them off the hook.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well just one point of clarification. He does blitz since technically any pass rusher other than the 3 down lineman is a bltzer in the 3-4. As Bearly notes, the blitzer can simply come from damn near anywhere on the field hence why sometimes Floyd had to drop back in coverage. He may also overload blitz and have say 3 guys rushing from the same side of the field. What he doesn't do a lot is send a sell out blitz which I would define as sending more guys than the Offense has to block.

Except that isn't true either. Nagy himself said it doesn't matter if a defense is a base 3-4 or 4-3, they end up presenting a 4 man front 60% of the time. I believe a poster here had said before the Bears presented a 4 man front 65% of the time. So that means what you're talking about only applies to that left over 35% and of course strictly speaking its not like he was sending an extra man each of those snaps either. Either way you slice it, its still not a blitz in the traditional sense either. Usually a blitz is 5 man pressure or more.

In that context of 5 man or more pressure, Fangio doesn't do it often.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Meh, I don't think some people realize just how much Reid's former coaches love and respect him. Nagy literally owes Reid everything. His entire coaching career began with him and he is today the Chicago Bears head coach all because of him. I am happy he is that loyal and recognisant of it. Its something that shows what a man is made of.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Ryan didn’t like Ditka.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He's been suckling that Reid man boob for some time now.

You know, Walsh called Paul Brown “Coach Brown” his entire life.

And Ditka still refers to Tom Landry as “Coach Landry”

I give zero fucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Vic Fangio is Chicago treasure.