Question...Fields gone, are we 100% on Williams

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
yeah its been a rumor just like JF won't be traded was a rumor.
Okay Captian Intel...I guess u have Poles on ur cell and u knew Fields was being traded the whole time. Take ur ass to another thread....its a question based off rumor and the current OC's preference.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol they're not taking Drake Maye #1. Its going to be Caleb
I said trade down to #2 for haul still and take Maye at 2......my personal opinion...they better be drafting Williams at 1.

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:

Caleb scares the shit out of me, less so now that we have Keenan Allen - his talent is great but I just don't see a perfectly clean transition to the NFL. Hope we can FINALLY develop a QB, I have faith in Waldron/the Shanny system and think the talent around him is awesome so there should be a good foundation for him to be developed with.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Waldron was reported to like Maye...so do we still trade down 1 spot and take Maye? Thoughts? I believe it's Williams...but what if?
We ain’t 100% sure. We ain’t calling the shots unfortunately. Time will tell. Anyone’s guess at this point.

Who I wish they pick, Caleb Williams.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Waldron came here to coach Caleb Williams.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Waldron was reported to like Maye...so do we still trade down 1 spot and take Maye? Thoughts? I believe it's Williams...but what if?
What if?!?

Caleb Williams is in a tier above EVERY QB in this draft. It’s not even close.

If the dude who was in charge of drafting Mahomes jettisoned without remorse a player as popular as Fields to draft him, you Bear the fuck down and support CW.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What if?!?

Caleb Williams is in a tier above EVERY QB in this draft. It’s not even close.

If the dude who was in charge of drafting Mahomes jettisoned without remorse a player as popular as Fields to draft him, you Bear the fuck down and support CW.
Yes, I agree....he better be the pick....was just thinking of Waldron rumor I heard awhile ago. I'll lose my shit if they do draft Maye

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Caleb scares the shit out of me, less so now that we have Keenan Allen - his talent is great but I just don't see a perfectly clean transition to the NFL. Hope we can FINALLY develop a QB, I have faith in Waldron/the Shanny system and think the talent around him is awesome so there should be a good foundation for him to be developed with.
This....I just want to have one got damn QB in my Bears fanhood lifetime

E.F.Hutton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I'd be happy with Williams, Maye, or Daniels, in that order. So I wouldn't be against a trade down to 2 or 3. Ideally I would like to see them stay and 1, draft Williams, then trade the 9th pick for a second and some change.

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
This....I just want to have one got damn QB in my Bears fanhood lifetime
I honestly believe that Williams is not only going to fill that QB void this fan base has been desiring for decades, I also believe he is going to bring some high energy character to this franchise that it has been lacking since, dare I mention, the mid 80s.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

If you take Poles on his word he said he saw special traits in Williams. I don't think he mentioned any other QB that way.

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:
I honestly believe that Williams is not only going to fill that QB void this fan base has been desiring for decades, I also believe he is going to bring some high energy character to this franchise that it has been lacking since, dare I mention, the mid 80s.
Adam Jahns had a good phrase that summed him up nicely - athletic arrogance.

If they can get him to reign that in just a little bit and support him extremely well, let's go. If shit gets shaky early on, shit.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
If you take Poles on his word he said he saw special traits in Williams. I don't think he mentioned any other QB that way.
When Poles drafted the DB out of Miami last year, he talked about grading the flashes. No matter how much I supported Fields, I can never get that throw CW made to Rice. It was spectacular. The rest of that game, not so much. But man what a flash.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:

The talent is there, and I have never seen a rookie Bears QB dropped into a better situation.