Question...Fields gone, are we 100% on Williams

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
When Poles drafted the DB out of Miami last year, he talked about grading the flashes. No matter how much I supported Fields, I can never get that throw CW made to Rice. It was spectacular. The rest of that game, not so much. But man what a flash.
Its to the Bears to put a significantly better product out at QB than they had with Fields...

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
Adam Jahns had a good phrase that summed him up nicely - athletic arrogance.

If they can get him to rein that in just a little bit and support him extremely well, let's go. If shit gets shaky early on, shit.
I don’t know. I think I’d let him be who he is. He won’t be in a locker room with a bunch of 20 year olds. Theses will be grown men, some of them a bit scary. I think he is smart and understands how to act at this level. This kid has been groomed for this day.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Its to the Bears to put a significantly better product out at QB than they had with Fields...
I hope so. The way I look at it. Poles was one of a very small group in charge of Mahomes. It may have been him who pounded the table for him. We will never know. If Poles is in on CW, the hype is real.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope so. The way I look at it. Poles was one of a very small group in charge of Mahomes. It may have been him who pounded the table for him. We will never know. If Poles is in on CW, the hype is real.
Hype doesn't mean shit.

They used the number one pick on him and replaced the previous QB. It better produce results. Its their job to make it happen.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Hype doesn't mean shit.

They used the number one pick on him and replaced the previous QB. It better produce results. Its their job to make it happen.
Word.

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
What if?!?

Caleb Williams is in a tier above EVERY QB in this draft. It’s not even close.

If the dude who was in charge of drafting Mahomes jettisoned without remorse a player as popular as Fields to draft him, you Bear the fuck down and support CW.
you are one heck of a soldier DF, never fail to crack me up. don't ever change. i will bear down with you, sir!

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
He scares the shit out of me, but less so than Caleb - he can at least play in structure.
Hate what I see in Maye. As for Williams he can play in structure as was seen in 2021 and 2022 when he had more talent around him. That being said CW did develop some bad habits last year due to a faulty line and always playing from behind, resulting in hero ball. Those traits will have to be ironed out starting early in his career.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Waldron was reported to like Maye...so do we still trade down 1 spot and take Maye? Thoughts? I believe it's Williams...but what if?
Thats kind of what I hope happens.. mini haul and grab Maye.. But also perfectly fine just taking Williams as well.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He scares the shit out of me, but less so than Caleb - he can at least play in structure.
I admit I know nothing of any of the qb's but I hate anyone under 6'2" that can't keep be out the pocket. College's that don't run a pro offense and then we throw them in there expecting them to know it... Honestly the only reason fields was traded was his 4th quarter issues imo and his tendency to not trust the throw. From what I hete, we are about to draft the same thing. It's a shame the Panthers gave us the number one pick. I at least wanted to see if Justin could work with this new oc.

I also have this fear if this blows up... It's the cycle all over again. If you know, you know

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Williams is -2500 to be drafted by the Bears on DK.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm going to update my opinion on this. I'm starting to see a lot more ability to play in structure from Williams in his 2022 tape against ranked opponents. His 2023 tape is terrible versus ranked opponents but he had a really bad offensive line as well. Williams likes to play Hero ball too much and right now that's my main concern.

InsideTheLines

Opinionated
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Miami Marlins
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
  2. Northwestern Wildcats
I'm going to update my opinion on this. I'm starting to see a lot more ability to play in structure from Williams in his 2022 tape against ranked opponents. His 2023 tape is terrible versus ranked opponents but he had a really bad offensive line as well. Williams likes to play Hero ball too much and right now that's my main concern.
I just watched a few of his highlights too. With every highlight video, I also watch that years lowlights though.. and it’s kinda ugly when he has a bad game. Question: was Young the surefire #1 last year? Or was it flip flopped up til the pick? I ignored all the hype last year. I’m just trying to see the ‘bust’ rate on the surefire #1s