Rap Sheet: Bears still looking to deal Forte

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@nflnetwork: Matt Forte is a player who could be moved, Bears are willing to consider anything that would improve long term prospects, via @RapSheet.

Mitchapalooza

He's leading the NFL in rushing or was before last game. We can probably get something decent for him.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Moronic.

Cashing in on the season isn't the best option, Pace. These guys are fighting and you are willing to throw away your best player for a draft picks?

Hmm.. Proven, consistent player or.. Unproven draft pick.

Strong logic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Moronic.

Cashing in on the season isn't the best option, Pace. These guys are fighting and you are willing to throw away your best player for a draft picks?

Hmm.. Proven, consistent player or.. Unproven draft pick.

Strong logic

But he's going to be 30 and not in their long term plans. If they aren't going to sign him to an extension next year, then it's reasonable to expect them to be shopping him for a pick.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Remember when forte was an unproven draft pick? Stupid NFL!

That's not the damn point. The point is he's a proven consistent player who is one of best in league.

Wouldn't it be grand to see forte go onto another team, kick assor another 4 years n Bears get some draft pick who ends up being mediocre as fuck.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It's unlikely at this point if someone was interested they would of already made the trade with a fourth or fifth round pick they can get someone younger.

Larsonite

Guacamole Taco
Liked Posts:
I don't get how trading Bostic and Allen suddenly meant we were having a fire sale. Trading two guys who didn't fit some how gives evidence to rumors we'd be willing to trade Forte and Alshon.

Sent from a spaghetti monster circling the earth

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That's not the damn point. The point is he's a proven consistent player who is one of best in league.

Wouldn't it be grand to see forte go onto another team, kick assor another 4 years n Bears get some draft pick who ends up being mediocre as fuck.

You know people get old and shitty right?

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
@nflnetwork: Matt Forte is a player who could be moved, Bears are willing to consider anything that would improve long term prospects, via @RapSheet.

Good. I would trade him to the highest bidder at the deadline. Bears are not going to resign him so losing him for nothing would not be smart.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I don't get how trading Bostic and Allen suddenly meant we were having a fire sale. Trading two guys who didn't fit some how gives evidence to rumors we'd be willing to trade Forte and Alshon.

Getting rid of players that don't fit is a fire sale and a good move by management. Bears seem to be trying to find places for Matt Forte,Willie Young,Houston they just haven't found the right price. I wouldn't doubt they were trying to do the same with Ratliff.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:

RBs are a dime a dozen in the NFL. The good teams do not have much cap room tied up in their RBs. Generally the best RBs in the league are on the worst teams. Just look at AP all those years on a crappy Vikings team. Forte has made the playoffs once or twice in his career, no?

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:

Meatball mentality sir, that's what causes this to happen.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Nvm. Misread. Desp don't derp out

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
I strongly suspect that the Bears will only deal Forte if they like a second round pick someone who can start next season. They are probably dangling him to see how desperate a team is get a great productive RB right now. I am for keeping Matt but RB's are not hard to find and can start right away after being drafted and make an impact. In the end I do not believe any one will give them what they want for Forte.

The trade I would like to see is Willie Young for a thrid rounder or better also not too likely but that would be helpful. Having a second third rounder also makes it possible to move up in the second round that could fill an immediate need as well as be a good value.

Space Invader

Dorkchop
Liked Posts:
  • By Kevin Patra
  • Around the NFL writer
  • Published: Oct. 25, 2015 at 09:13 a.m.
  • Updated: Oct. 25, 2015 at 01:32 p.m.

With the NFL trade deadline just 10 days away -- Nov. 3 -- rumors will begin to swirl with more gusto over the next week.
Speaking on NFL Network's GameDay First on Sunday, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport provided us three names to watch, but noted that all three could be difficult to trade because of their high salaries.
[h=3]Matt Forte, Chicago Bears[/h]
2015 Contract: $6.64 million -- plus $1.05 million in per-game roster bonuses (2016 Free Agent)

Rapoport's lowdown: "It's clear this is a rebuilding year for the Bears with a new regime. They are open, I am told, to trading really a lot of their key parts, mainly because they would like draft picks. At this point nothing is expected from Forte, because of his age, because of his salary."

Translation: If someone (Cowboys?) were willing or able to take on the salary for a few week rental, the Bears would gladly take a mid-to-late round draft pick for a soon-to-be 30-year-old running back who will likely leave in 2016.

Verdict: As much as we'd like to #FreeForte and see one of the most underrated runners in the NFL play for a winner this year, it's likely not happening.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000564457/article/will-matt-forte-vernon-davis-roddy-white-be-traded

Larsonite

Guacamole Taco
Liked Posts:
I'm not buying trading Forte is a good idea. He's got a few years left and is physically in great shape. We could be competing for the playoffs next year and could really use his talents. Letting him leave would mean we have to sign or draft another rb as Langford can't do it alone. We're not going to get a good draft pick for him nor is he going to get a ton of money in free agency. I would risk not getting 6th or 7th round pick for the option of retaining him.

Also, if we really want to maintain Cutler's success and not risk him reverting to bad habits, we should keep Forte for at least this season. Imo, he means a lot to the future success of this team simply by maintaining the growth process of this offense.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Pace waiting/hoping for an overpay. I would personally make the OL a strength, invest some money/picks there, and roll with a 2-3 back platoon. RBs look good when you open up holes for them.