Liked Posts:
A.Brown -- Martavis Bryant
J.Edleman -- Gronk
S.Smith -- Funchess, Kelvin Benjamin
TY Hilton -- Moncreif and A. Johnson
E.Sanders -- Demaryius Thomas
ODB -- Over 6' tall
R.Cobb -- Jordy Nelson

Brown Hilton and ODB are #1 options but the rest of those guys are not the #1 guy on their team. All of them have big guys lining up across from them that help pull coverage except ODB.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
How about its far too early to discuss this. You're trying to judge a GM without a year under his belt. Come back in a few years and I'm sure I'll have a laundry list of significant missteps (unlike what you are using). But right now, I am withholding judgment until I have enough facts to make an educated opinion.

Isn't that what I'm doing?

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
Name some bad moves Pace has made then. Or do you think everything he's done has been right? Anyone who criticizes me, I challenge you to name some bad things Pace has done iyo. If you can't then you're a homer

For me, the Brandon Marshall trade comes to mind. I thought that maybe he could have gotten more for him, especially since his salary is far from exorbitant for a player his caliber. But of course, I don't know the alleged locker room stuff that may have facilitated the trade. Also, I understand the rationale of getting younger, so I wasn't super upset at the trade, it was more surprising than anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Isn't that what I'm doing?
No:
Name some bad moves Pace has made then. Or do you think everything he's done has been right? Anyone who criticizes me, I challenge you to name some bad things Pace has done iyo. If you can't then you're a homer

I disagree with people trying to down play the McDonald signing. No it wasn't a catastrophic move from a financial standpoint, but it was a big media black eye for the franchise. Bears were being talked about and criticized for the wrong reasons once again and our owner felt it was bad enough to where he had to come out and make a statement. Yes those things matter (to me and in general)

What does it matter if his DC pushed for him? Pace is the GM. You're trying to deflect blame, stop that. It's what homers do.

inb4 b-b-b-but 2-4 start? Thats not Pace's fault! McDonald & Ratliff? That's not Pace's fault! Nothing is Pace's fault, everything he's done has been right and perfect

but with this viewpoint you're giving Pace credit for the good but not acknowledging any role he plays in the bad. Either Ratliff was a ticking time bomb or he was good enough for the team and the locker room to keep on the roster going into the year. Which is it? I don't see how it can be both.

The Bears have been in the media for the wrong reasons this year a few times too many with some embarrassing moments. Things that I thought were a thing of the past. McDonald & Ratliff, 2-4 start, no I don't see Pace as being the blameless perfect golden boy. I'm very much in a wait and see mode with him after seeing how the Emery era went.

It's very fair to say Pace has had a rocky start. You assholes are just homers that love to circle jerk eachother
Even defining his start as shaky implies a level of judgment, even if it involves a short period of time. However, given that the subject of the judgment has only been around for a short time and the context of the conversation brought up by you involves only that time, it's fair to say your characterization of his tenure as shaky is your judgment. So, I think you'd be hard pressed, based on your posts here, to argue you have been withholding anything, as you've obviously been jumping to conclusions.

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:
For me, the Brandon Marshall trade comes to mind.

I agree with this. I understand the theory of Pace trying to rebuild his own complete team but to me I think he was trying to get rid of Marshall and Cutler at the same time and that didn't work out. They draft White (who I don't see why people think of him as "the Marshall replacement" when he's just a rookie).

I don't mind the trades if what Pace is after is rebuilding. It's just hard to see playmakers leave at a time they're playing very well. Folks like to use the age issue as reasoning for trades but at the same time, you give away a great player and get practically nothing in return for him. We might be seeing the same thing now with Forte.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
No:

Even defining his start as shaky implies a level of judgment, even if it involves a short period of time. However, given that the subject of the judgment has only been around for a short time and the context of the conversation brought up by you involves only that time, it's fair to say your characterization of his tenure as shaky is your judgment. So, I think you'd be hard pressed, based on your posts here, to argue you have been withholding anything, as you've obviously been jumping to conclusions.

I'm judging but I'm judging as fairly as possible. It's not like I'm saying he's an awful GM that did everything wrong

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ya'll shouldn't make me look like an asshole just for trying to say Pace has had a shaky start. All that means is he's had some good and some bad happen.

Some of you guys are like "No, you're an asshole! Everything Pace has done has only been good."

:facepalm:

No, you're an asshole for putting words in my mouth. Other than that, we're good. You can have your opinion but you can't tell me mine.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
I disagree with people trying to down play the McDonald signing. No it wasn't a catastrophic move from a financial standpoint, but it was a big media black eye for the franchise. Bears were being talked about and criticized for the wrong reasons once again and our owner felt it was bad enough to where he had to come out and make a statement. Yes those things matter (to me and in general)

What does it matter if his DC pushed for him? Pace is the GM. You're trying to deflect blame, stop that. It's what homers do.

You care what the media thinks? Fuck the media. McDonald was a mistake, but on the grand scale of things totally inconsequential. Media black eye. Explain to me what a bunch of sensationalist talking heads has to do with anything. You know who else is always getting shit from the media? The Patriots. Nothing should mean less to you as a fan then what the media thinks. Christ. You're the kind of person who gives these dolts their power. Do yourself a favor, form your own opinion based on the actual world. You'll be much happier.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
You care what the media thinks? Fuck the media. McDonald was a mistake, but on the grand scale of things totally inconsequential. Media black eye. Explain to me what a bunch of sensationalist talking heads has to do with anything. You know who else is always getting shit from the media? The Patriots. Nothing should mean less to you as a fan then what the media thinks. Christ. You're the kind of person who gives these dolts their power. Do yourself a favor, form your own opinion based on the actual world. You'll be much happier.

If the owner feels like he has to make a public statement about it, then its a real problem.

the NFL is like 80% media 20% football anyway.

I don't have any problem forming my own opinion if you haven't noticed. I'm usually saying controversial and unpopular things. Nobody is circle jerking me.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
How about its far too early to discuss this. You're trying to judge a GM without a year under his belt. Come back in a few years and I'm sure I'll have a laundry list of significant missteps (unlike what you are using). But right now, I am withholding judgment until I have enough facts to make an educated opinion.

For the record, I am moderately happy with Pace so far. But, I take partial issue with this wait & see mentality, and the same holds true for evaluating draft picks. The old-school or conventional notion is that it takes 3 years to asses the effectiveness of a draft pick or GM. I call bullshit.

While you have a larger body of evidence with the ensuing passage of time and can make a "more" informed assessment, that doesn't mean the GP/HC/draft pick can't be evaluated at each and every stage.. For example, Fangio - he's pretty good, right? We can all agree on that, but under the conventional notion we should defer passing judgment until the conclusion of year 3.

The Homers are quite selective, when a player/coach/GM makes a good early impression we begin to crown their asses. When a player/coach/GM takes any missteps early on the response is that it's too early to judge, lol.

Look, you can tell in the first year if a draftee is a player or not. Some will improve and surprise, and others will falter from their initial impression, but the principle applies to all - evaluate early, often, and continuously.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Forte for a 6th? HELL NO. I wouldn't take less than a 3rd and I'd really prefer a 2nd. If we can't get that, re-sign him.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
With Ray Rice sitting out there for league vet minimum, why would anyone offer anything like a high draft pick for Forte?

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Adrian Amos is way better than pencil shavings.

In fact he looks like a potential building block.

Pencil shavings was a bit of an exaggeration on my part. However, while Amos has looked solid so far, I think it is too early to say that we got the better of this deal.

Larsonite

Guacamole Taco
Liked Posts:
For the record, I am moderately happy with Pace so far. But, I take partial issue with this wait & see mentality, and the same holds true for evaluating draft picks. The old-school or conventional notion is that it takes 3 years to asses the effectiveness of a draft pick or GM. I call bullshit.

While you have a larger body of evidence with the ensuing passage of time and can make a "more" informed assessment, that doesn't mean the GP/HC/draft pick can't be evaluated at each and every stage.. For example, Fangio - he's pretty good, right? We can all agree on that, but under the conventional notion we should defer passing judgment until the conclusion of year 3.

The Homers are quite selective, when a player/coach/GM makes a good early impression we begin to crown their asses. When a player/coach/GM takes any missteps early on the response is that it's too early to judge, lol.

Look, you can tell in the first year if a draftee is a player or not. Some will improve and surprise, and others will falter from their initial impression, but the principle applies to all - evaluate early, often, and continuously.
I think what your saying makes sense for a full assessment. Giving him an early assessment is also fair and that is what most are doing. We've got three starters in Goldman, Amos and Grasu as well as a promising potential starter in Langford. If Kevin White becomes a stud WR, this draft will be that much better. Sure it's early but that doesn't make the assessment bs.

Sent from a spaghetti monster circling the earth

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Ease up on crowning Amos, people were ready to crown Fuller this time last year.

And people prematurely though Alfalava, Wright, Conte. Etc... were all the answers at Safety...