Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Kept him on the roster as a key piece going into the season = same thing as bringing him in.

the entire roster is Pace's responsibility. Doesn't matter who was here before him.

LOL. You should be saying, good, he just took care of business. Ratliff has been injured almost the entire pre and early season and hasn't been a disturbance. There was no reason to lose him until now. Ratliff did not have any history of arrests etc and only a dispute with the Cowboys that wanted him to play injured. He's an undersized nose tackle that's played a long time. They take RB type beatings and his shelf life is limited. He's not part of our future. This regime has shown it wont deal with what happened but there was no serious history to act on before now. Ratliff helped our young tackles a lot if you believe them and wasn't a problem with mates. It was actually good to have him on the team until now.

You'd make a shitty GM.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I think it's apples and oranges tbh. Draft picks in rounds 5-7 have around a 2% success rate. Just because Amos has worked out extremely well doesn't mean we'll have the same future success. While it is to early to assume, pace might just be good enough to find that 2% success more often than other gms. But i wouldn't bet on it given history.

Sent from a spaghetti monster circling the earth

Well it's always nice to see the confidence some of you have in our new regime.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I will be fine with whatever they decide to do with Forte.

If they resign him, okay he is a good player and a leader on this team.

If they trade him, okay he is 30 and makes big money and we are not a good team.

I feel the exact same way. I'm a huge Forte fan but i'm also one that knows how to look at what's best for us in the future and draft picks is always something a team in rebuild mode needs more than a 30 year old RB.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Really all we need on the defensive side is better LB and CB play and an additional pass rusher. Not that far off really. Offensively we just need more depth on the oline. Look around the league right now, it is a mess. We are only a win from Sunday from being back in the wildcard mix (crazy). Besides the obvious top 3-4 teams, pretty even across the board for most teams right now. I think we should hold on to Forte.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Mcdonald thing, Kevin White needing surgery, Jay Ratliff incident. It's been a shaky start.
You're just reaching for something but your hand is coming back empty.
Ratliff was a good player.

Ratliff went nuts.

Ratliff was cut.

I don't know what else Pace should do?

It being a poor decision if he let him stay on the team.
He made a good move by getting rid of a distraction.

All of the top receivers in the game are big guys. Having two big wide receivers is a good thing.

The little speedy guys are great compliments but there is just no proof that the little guys are going to be more productive than the big guys.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
A.Brown, J.Edleman, S.Smith, TY Hilton, E.Sanders, ODB and R.Cobb disagree.
Are you referring to me? I didn't say that.

but Pace is the GM, he chose to bring in guys like McDonald and Ratliff. So he deserves some blame when shit happens.

It's more like this team has defensive homer fans, it's not out of line to suggest Pace's start as GM has been a rocky one. To suggest otherwise, that every move he's made has been right and perfect, is the dumb position.
Still reaching i see. There's no way in hell you can say what Pace has done so far has been shaky.....NO WAY IN HELL.
It's fine to criticize Pace, but I think it's unfair to assign him blame for McDonald and Ratliff. McDonald never played a single down for the Bears and was on the team for what, one month? He was placed on a no tolerance policy and his release had no negative financial impact on the team. And Ratliff was signed by the previous regime.
Yep

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Soon we will have all the 6th rounders.
6th rounders have value to. I'll take every pick we can get. You could be in the 6th round and there could be a player sitting there that another team wants and you can turn that 6th rounder into a 5th rounder in the following draft.

Kept him on the roster as a key piece going into the season = same thing as bringing him in.

the entire roster is Pace's responsibility. Doesn't matter who was here before him.
Hahahahaha just give it a break. You've lost this argument.
why the fuck wouldn't you keep Ratliff on the roster?

this thread is ridiculous; you have people blaming pace for ratliff, obvious sarcasm going over peoples heads as they desperately attempt to defend their ignorance, a 30yo RB definitely having 2-3 years left in him....

lol
No we have one person blaming Pace for Ratliff.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Tom Brady is the ultimate 6th rounder. LOL

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
We're 2-4.

Forte is getting old and we will walk at the end of the season.

If we get anything decent (4th round pick or higher) we'd be CRAZY not to take it.

What's the worst that can happen? We miss the playoffs?

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Hahahahaha just give it a break. You've lost this argument.

LOL. You should be saying, good, he just took care of business. Ratliff has been injured almost the entire pre and early season and hasn't been a disturbance. There was no reason to lose him until now. Ratliff did not have any history of arrests etc and only a dispute with the Cowboys that wanted him to play injured. He's an undersized nose tackle that's played a long time. They take RB type beatings and his shelf life is limited. He's not part of our future. This regime has shown it wont deal with what happened but there was no serious history to act on before now. Ratliff helped our young tackles a lot if you believe them and wasn't a problem with mates. It was actually good to have him on the team until now.

You'd make a shitty GM.

but with this viewpoint you're giving Pace credit for the good but not acknowledging any role he plays in the bad. Either Ratliff was a ticking time bomb or he was good enough for the team and the locker room to keep on the roster going into the year. Which is it? I don't see how it can be both.

The Bears have been in the media for the wrong reasons this year a few times too many with some embarrassing moments. Things that I thought were a thing of the past. McDonald & Ratliff, 2-4 start, no I don't see Pace as being the blameless perfect golden boy. I'm very much in a wait and see mode with him after seeing how the Emery era went.

It's very fair to say Pace has had a rocky start. You assholes are just homers that love to circle jerk eachother

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
inb4 b-b-b-but 2-4 start? Thats not Pace's fault! McDonald & Ratliff? That's not Pace's fault! Nothing is Pace's fault, everything he's done has been right and perfect

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
Either Ratliff was a ticking time bomb or he was good enough for the team and the locker room to keep on the roster going into the year. Which is it? I don't see how it can be both.

I would say that Ratliff was good enough to keep on the roster, but shit changes when you show up to work drunk/high and belligerent (if the reports are to be believed), especially when you already have a suspension under your belt for alcohol related reasons. I don't think Pace could have predicted that Ratliff would show up to work under the influence, or at least, his previous record didn't warrant cutting him until this latest incident happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
but with this viewpoint you're giving Pace credit for the good but not acknowledging any role he plays in the bad. Either Ratliff was a ticking time bomb or he was good enough for the team and the locker room to keep on the roster going into the year. Which is it? I don't see how it can be both.

The Bears have been in the media for the wrong reasons this year a few times too many with some embarrassing moments. Things that I thought were a thing of the past. McDonald & Ratliff, 2-4 start, no I don't see Pace as being the blameless perfect golden boy. I'm very much in a wait and see mode with him after seeing how the Emery era went.

It's very fair to say Pace has had a rocky start. You assholes are just homers that love to circle jerk eachother

WTF are you going on about. I never said any of those things you're projecting and stayed on the specific topic of Ratliff. Either take your meds or pass on what your smoking so we can all drift to the same cosmic plain. Is there something unique about this board that so many posters pack shovels?

I'm not the one balming nor rewarding Pace for Ratliff. That seems to be your thing. I simply stated that there was no reason to make a move until there was and Pace chose to, seemingly appropriately. Ratliff will no longer matter when the Bears do. There was no reason to put up with that shit. Only idiots pigeon hole those that disagree with them as having a polar opposite view. I can think Pace has just done the correct thing and also been passive and prudent in regards to Ratliff playing out his deal at the same time. Passive as in not overthinking things when there's nothing to do....until there was.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Ya'll shouldn't make me look like an asshole just for trying to say Pace has had a shaky start. All that means is he's had some good and some bad happen.

Some of you guys are like "No, you're an asshole! Everything Pace has done has only been good."

:facepalm:

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:

You expected Pace to cut all former Emery players his first year? Was he going to field a shit team? And now we are saying GMs must be clairvoyant?

McDonald was a bad move but his DC pushed for him. It wasn't exactly a catastrophic move either, the guy was signed to a one year deal and cut at the first site of domestic abuse.

Ratliff was a player that apparently has drinking problems. Pace's message from day one in getting rid of Marshall was there is very low tolerance for character issues. Ratliff just got off suspension for drinking and was drunk at work. He's not a bad player nor has it been a story. None of these stories have put the bears in a negative spotlight.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Ya'll shouldn't make me look like an asshole just for trying to say Pace has had a shaky start. All that means is he's had some good and some bad happen.

Some of you guys are like "No, you're an asshole! Everything Pace has done has only been good."

:facepalm:
Here's the thing, there is no GM ever that has not had a plethora of bad moves. You're pointing to insignificant things as reasons he's been shaky, that's why your getting the response you are. No realistic view of any GM would ever fault them for the three things your entire argument is premised on.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I disagree with people trying to down play the McDonald signing. No it wasn't a catastrophic move from a financial standpoint, but it was a big media black eye for the franchise. Bears were being talked about and criticized for the wrong reasons once again and our owner felt it was bad enough to where he had to come out and make a statement. Yes those things matter (to me and in general)

What does it matter if his DC pushed for him? Pace is the GM. You're trying to deflect blame, stop that. It's what homers do.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Here's the thing, there is no GM ever that has not had a plethora of bad moves. You're pointing to insignificant things as reasons he's been shaky, that's why your getting the response you are. No realistic view of any GM would ever fault them for the three things your entire argument is premised on.

Name some bad moves Pace has made then. Or do you think everything he's done has been right? Anyone who criticizes me, I challenge you to name some bad things Pace has done iyo. If you can't then you're a homer

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Name some bad moves Pace has made then. Or do you think everything he's done has been right? Anyone who criticizes me, I challenge you to name some bad things Pace has done iyo. If you can't then you're a homer
How about its far too early to discuss this. You're trying to judge a GM without a year under his belt. Come back in a few years and I'm sure I'll have a laundry list of significant missteps (unlike what you are using). But right now, I am withholding judgment until I have enough facts to make an educated opinion.