Rap Sheet: Bears still looking to deal Forte

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
I never understood this "fair market value" thing.

Whatever pick you get, is fair market value. Unless you think Pace got a better offer but decided to trade him for less. The league determined a 5th rounder was fair market value for Marshall because that is the most any team would offer. It's pretty simple, really.

A couple examples: Gaines Adams was (likely) going to be released, his FMV at most was a 6th round pick, JA apparently had his own value-based system (read: monkey with darts).

Also, see Mirer, Rick.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't really see a contending team with

-need
-cap space
-and extra picks

I doubt anyone is making the move.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
hmmm he was taken at what? 9th or 10th overall? so id say youre wrong....or hes just that damn special of a talent to where teams were willing to take the "risk"
I said very few GMs would take a RB with a torn ACL (especially circa 2015) with their 1st round pick. And only one team did (and luckily for my argument, only one team can). On top of that, unless you saw Gurley on most teams secret 1st Round draft sheet, I can't be wrong. :lol:

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
And what happened when Brady had a big receiver in Moss?

Ummm... Moss caught 23 TDs and they were 18-1 losing to the Giants on a ridiculous helmet catch. Which the escape by Manning was more amazing than the catch itself

Last edited:

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I said very few GMs would take a RB with a torn ACL (especially circa 2015) with their 1st round pick. And only one team did (and luckily for my argument, only one team can). On top of that, unless you saw Gurley on most teams secret 1st Round draft sheet, I can't be wrong. :lol:

then i cant be wrong to assume that many of the teams slotted 11 - 32 would have taken him based off of being the BPA, which is pretty likely imo. he wasn't going to fall much past the rams pick

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Denver is literally the only team I can think of that would have interest.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't really see a contending team with

-need
-cap space
-and extra picks

I doubt anyone is making the move.

Pretty much this. You can't trade without a counterparty.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
forte would help Carolina out and we all know we like trading with them :smug:

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
then i cant be wrong to assume that many of the teams slotted 11 - 32 would have taken him based off of being the BPA, which is pretty likely imo. he wasn't going to fall much past the rams pick
Well, I never said you were wrong; but you can crown your own gluteus maximus if you like. :lol:

You don't know if teams 11-32 had Gurley at the top of their BPA. You can only assume... just like I'm doing. :yep:

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
man, just imagine having forte and gurley in the backfield for a season together to reduce the number of times jay has to drop back to pass and risk fucking everything up lol

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I am sure you do. Just not about Matt Forte.
Matt has always been a quiet reserved guy, not jumping into the limelight. I kinda doubt he's freaking out for a Superbowl ring, the limelight, a new team, or another giant contract. I think he knows he's gonna be a 30 year-old RB, and wants to stay in Chicago if possible. He might be quite receptive to a reasonably priced short term resigning/ext.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
He ain't going anywhere.

Either is Jeffery like some other Bozo on here stated was happening based on a friends father friend girlfriends brother who has "inside" info.