CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Denver is literally the only team I can think of that would have interest.

Agree, Denver is the team to watch if we make a trade (could really take the pressure of Manning and with that D, would make a huge difference). This a tough position to be in with Forte right now. Really good RB and I think he will still play at a top level for 2-3 more years because of his running style.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I like how cutting a player who shows up to practice drunk or high is a questionable move. Jesus christ this team has dumb fans.

Are you referring to me? I didn't say that.

but Pace is the GM, he chose to bring in guys like McDonald and Ratliff. So he deserves some blame when shit happens.

It's more like this team has defensive homer fans, it's not out of line to suggest Pace's start as GM has been a rocky one. To suggest otherwise, that every move he's made has been right and perfect, is the dumb position.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans

but Pace is the GM, he chose to bring in guys like McDonald and Ratliff. So he deserves some blame when shit happens.

It's more like this team has defensive homer fans, it's not out of line to suggest Pace's start as GM has been a rocky one. To suggest otherwise, that every move he's made has been right and perfect, is the dumb position.

It's fine to criticize Pace, but I think it's unfair to assign him blame for McDonald and Ratliff. McDonald never played a single down for the Bears and was on the team for what, one month? He was placed on a no tolerance policy and his release had no negative financial impact on the team. And Ratliff was signed by the previous regime.

sikesy7

martymcflyyyy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have mixed feelings. I can understand that maybe he is not in the future plans. The only problem I have is when people on here keep pretending we get better by getting grid of these "old" players. said the same thing with urlacher, briggs, tilllman, jennings, melton, hester, marshall.. etc. Seems like we never ended up getting better and we just keep getting worst and worst. Forte is the last thing holding us from being an 0-16 team. Won't be surprised if the entire team jumps ship and stops playing. GM obviously doesn't want to win, why would the players kill themselves for a lost cause. There is a proper way to rebuild a team, I don't think this is one of them.

BPo001

Liked Posts:
I have mixed feelings. I can understand that maybe he is not in the future plans. The only problem I have is when people on here keep pretending we get better by getting grid of these "old" players. said the same thing with urlacher, briggs, tilllman, jennings, melton, hester, marshall.. etc. Seems like we never ended up getting better and we just keep getting worst and worst. Forte is the last thing holding us from being an 0-16 team. Won't be surprised if the entire team jumps ship and stops playing. GM obviously doesn't want to win, why would the players kill themselves for a lost cause. There is a proper way to rebuild a team, I don't think this is one of them.
Outside of Marshall and maybe Tillman none of those guys have done anything with their new teams. I loved each of those players when they played here, but you have to move on sometime. Father time is undefeated.

sikesy7

martymcflyyyy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Outside of Marshall and maybe Tillman none of those guys have done anything with their new teams. I loved each of those players when they played here, but you have to move on sometime. Father time is undefeated.

This isn't a case of father time with Forte though. He is still elite. And I believe a move like this hurts locker room morale. I don't the team wins at all, and it kills whatever morale the team has left towards a future.

A rebuild doesn't need to be that long. We're making it longer than it has to be. Get rid of the loose change and keep the pieces that fit the puzzle. Forte is a key guy and a glue. You need veteran leadership.

Reactions: DC

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I personnally think that Pace has had a solid start as GM, perhaps even a good start considering his free agency moves have looked very good.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
I sure hope the Jared Allen pick goes higher the more sacks he gets. He just got two with a bad back.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's been done before. Everyone's called it a straight 6th rounder though

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Soon we will have all the 6th rounders.

Chicagowin

Liked Posts:
I have mixed feelings. I can understand that maybe he is not in the future plans. The only problem I have is when people on here keep pretending we get better by getting grid of these "old" players. said the same thing with urlacher, briggs, tilllman, jennings, melton, hester, marshall.. etc. Seems like we never ended up getting better and we just keep getting worst and worst.

The Bears got worse by not restocking the talent pool by being bad at drafting and not because aging vets were let go.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

You are aware he didn't bring in Ratliff right?

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears got worse by not restocking the talent pool by being bad at drafting and not because aging vets were let go.

It's both. Obviously.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think our talent gap is nearly as vast as many keep repeating. The reason teams can turn it around so quickly in NFL is that the talent gap between drafted players and what's in UFAs or the waiver wire is not extreme except for a few select players that are difficult to find anywhere, like diamonds. It's one reason I liked how Emery kept a few slots, like 50-53 purely for roster churning. Like picking up chicks, it's a numbers game. Keep asking, keep looking. Churn. Never sleep.

We have big time players scattered throughout the field like any team. We aren't the Broncos, we have holes. We have low talent in secondary, at 3 linebacker positions, and caught Oline contagion of injuries. 10-15 teams have definitively better QBs. Other than that I feel the Bears are close to anybody. Those aren't easy fixes, but you guys make it sound like we have some major talent deficit. You keep repeating it, it drives me crazy.

mecha

Liked Posts:
they've had to plug in a vast array of highly inexperienced players just to fill out the 53. if Trestman/Tucker were still around, this would be a winless team. the fact it's a Fox/Gase/Fangio joint now is the very reason they're at least in contention in most of the games. give it another year, they're probably wildcard worthy. another year after that, who knows, maybe they finally beat the fuck out of the Packers. those assholes have to run out of luck eventually.

I'd rather have a team that loses by a score than one that clocks out by halftime and gets blown out by 35 points or more and sets record worsts for defense on the longest running franchise in the league.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
You are aware he didn't bring in Ratliff right?

Kept him on the roster as a key piece going into the season = same thing as bringing him in.

the entire roster is Pace's responsibility. Doesn't matter who was here before him.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
why the fuck wouldn't you keep Ratliff on the roster?

this thread is ridiculous; you have people blaming pace for ratliff, obvious sarcasm going over peoples heads as they desperately attempt to defend their ignorance, a 30yo RB definitely having 2-3 years left in him....

lol

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Kept him on the roster as a key piece going into the season = same thing as bringing him in.

the entire roster is Pace's responsibility. Doesn't matter who was here before him.

Give me a break. So by that logic, Pace is responsible for Cutler's contract also.