Rap Sheet: Bears still looking to deal Forte

Larsonite

Guacamole Taco
Liked Posts:
Maybe Pace is the exception. Those mid round picks were missed by other guys.

If you trade a guy for a pick the trade should be judged by what you do with that pick? Shouldn't it?
I think it's apples and oranges tbh. Draft picks in rounds 5-7 have around a 2% success rate. Just because Amos has worked out extremely well doesn't mean we'll have the same future success. While it is to early to assume, pace might just be good enough to find that 2% success more often than other gms. But i wouldn't bet on it given history.

Sent from a spaghetti monster circling the earth

ginny

Liked Posts:
Sounds like a good formula to me.

I would be happy with a good OL in front of an avg QB with some weapons, and a stout defense.

For what it's worth...I was thrilled with the Fangio hire and the switch to 3-4. Was Paces best move so far IMO.

ginny

Liked Posts:
Well Pace made it pretty clear before his first draft that he's a BPA kind of guy so i'm sure that's what he'll do in the next draft as well.

Refreshing to think that he doesn't portray himself as "the smartest man in the room" like the last GM who's name I WONT mention.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Refreshing to think that he doesn't portray himself as "the smartest man in the room" like the last GM who's name I WONT mention.

emery-sad.jpg

ginny

Liked Posts:

Yes, that guy...

Read somewhere that GMs who are fired generally have a low re-hire success rate.
Is it safe to say Emery fits that mold? I have no idea what he is doing these days.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
this is why bears should have taken gurley at #7 instead of kevin white. gurley is a beast and would be our back for the next 5 - 8 years and we could then trade forte for assets(draft picks)

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Yes, that guy...

Read somewhere that GMs who are fired generally have a low re-hire success rate.
Is it safe to say Emery fits that mold? I have no idea what he is doing these days.

He's still collecting a paycheck from the McCaskey's while sitting on a beach somewhere.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I will be fine with whatever they decide to do with Forte.

If they resign him, okay he is a good player and a leader on this team.

If they trade him, okay he is 30 and makes big money and we are not a good team.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
If the Bears trade Forte I will judge the deal based on what they do with the pick.

Trade him and draft a good player who is younger and cheaper, thumbs up.

Trade him and draft a bum and then the deal is stupid.

way to have your cake and eat it too lol

its a good trade if they have no plan on re signing him plain and simple

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
way to have your cake and eat it too lol

its a good trade if they have no plan on re signing him plain and simple

I agree.

But if they can't I am okay with it. He will make the last 10 weeks more interesting.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Getting rid of players that don't fit is a fire sale and a good move by management. Bears seem to be trying to find places for Matt Forte,Willie Young,Houston they just haven't found the right price. I wouldn't doubt they were trying to do the same with Ratliff.
Forte doesn't fit? Don't be silly. I'd love someone trying to explain how he doesn't fit. He fits every offense, cause he does everything.

... Forte is also not going to sign a2 year deal to stay with the Bears who are clearly not going to the playoffs any time soon. The rebuild really starts next season. The turnover in the roster is going to massive again. ...

Even some football experts have failed to realize how fast things change in the NFL. A REBUILD just means adding and subtracting players. Becoming a playoff team often doesn't take multiple years. Change in HC, OC and DC changes teams' records immediately -- and Bears changed all three.

But he's (Forte) going to be 30 and not in their long term plans. If they aren't going to sign him to an extension next year, then it's reasonable to expect them to be shopping him for a pick.
Only in the sense 30-year-old RBs aren't inked into where you'd be Year 5, but GMs & HCs better not expect to have that long.

Good. I would trade him to the highest bidder at the deadline. Bears are not going to resign him so losing him for nothing would not be smart.
Who's to say the Bears won't resign him?

RBs are a dime a dozen in the NFL. The good teams do not have much cap room tied up in their RBs. ...
I agree with that. But, Bears must appreciate Forte's ability as a sure-handed vet receiver, who does a decent job blocking.

Not only does an OC never have to substitute him, Forte is still rushing & receiving well. Langford could very well be that RB (great pick), but I'm not convinced yet.

If Forte was unwilling to resign for a reasonable amount, I'd understand trading or cutting him, taking our chances with Langford. Not sure what Forte wants.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I agree.

But if they can't I am okay with it. He will make the last 10 weeks more interesting.

more interesting at making us a 7 - 9 team instead of a 5 - 11 team, costing us a better draft pick lol

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would be upset if he got traded to someone like the Jaguars. He deserves to win

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
He's had a shaky start to his GM career?? He had a great 1st draft and brought in a beast in free agency in P.McPhee and got two 6th round draft picks for a coupke of losers that didn't fit our system in J.Allen and J.Bostic. So that's shaky hah? Hmmmmmmmmm

Mcdonald thing, Kevin White needing surgery, Jay Ratliff incident. It's been a shaky start.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mcdonald thing, Kevin White needing surgery, Jay Ratliff incident. It's been a shaky start.

I disagree. McDonald was vouched for by the DC. He didn't draft a guy with injury concerns, White got hurt in camp. I don't see the Ratliff thing as reflecting bad on Pace.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Speaking of trades, Bears South look pretty darn good. Allen should build a monument to Pace for trading him there.

Also, I miss Olsen.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The McDonald thing was bad PR.

I don't see how it is a bad football decision? He would have been a great value if he could have stayed out of trouble, he couldn't and it cost them nothing.

Good teams take these risks.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ratliff was a good player.

Ratliff went nuts.

Ratliff was cut.

I don't know what else Pace should do?

It being a poor decision if he let him stay on the team.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
this is why bears should have taken gurley at #7 instead of kevin white. gurley is a beast and would be our back for the next 5 - 8 years and we could then trade forte for assets(draft picks)

I agree. And we would still have Alshon Jeffery to lead the WR core. Its easy to find his quick little slot compliment. Two big WO its the past. The new rules favor speed over size because you can't be very physical or hit anyone.

The Patriots go exclusively with tiny wideouts now, but compliment them with Chandler/Gronk to give Brady outlets to throw it up to.

Jeffery and mini's with Gurley and Bennett/Miller could have been nice.