Rap Sheet: Bears still looking to deal Forte

ginny

Liked Posts:
Getting rid of BM was one of Pace's best moves, along with Allen and hopefully the shipping out of Forte. Doesn't matter how good he's been in the past, and how well is he is currently performing, rather the following dynamics are far more relevant:

1. this is a rebuild, no one 30 or over is getting a large long-term contract - including BM, Forte, etc.;
2. history is littered with regret by NFL teams signing 30-year old RBs to their final contracts (other than 1-year deals), it's proven to be a move reserved for fools;
3. lots of mileage on that Forte tread, we have been remarkably lucky with his health but from a statistical perspective he is inevitably going to sustain something damaging in the near term.

This team sucks balls right now, anyone and everyone should be shopped with a couple exceptions. No time for fan-boy sentiments, this is business.

Agreed...
Forte is still productive at 30, but does anyone know what his camp will want $$$ to remain a Bear?

I'm not a capalogist (hell, I don't even know if I spelled it right), but shouldn't we also be considering the salary cap going forward?

The Bears are currently 26th in the league with 3.8MM in cap space, not to mention 13th in avg age (26.4).

Compare that to the team in our division that we need to beat (GB)...
Avg age 25.7
Cap space 12MM

I'm a little concerned about that going forward.

I like Forte too, but I just can't ignore the big picture.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Moronic.

Cashing in on the season isn't the best option, Pace. These guys are fighting and you are willing to throw away your best player for a draft picks?

Hmm.. Proven, consistent player or.. Unproven draft pick.

Strong logic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You do realize we're going through a somewhat rebuild and the correct way to do it is by getting young with draft picks right?? There's no bigger Forte fan than me but if a rebuild is the direction Pace/Fox are planning on going then trading Forte is the smart decision. If they're planning on competing within the next two years then they should keep him but he only has two years tops of great/good football left in him and i don't see this team being competitive next year or the next so what good is it to keep him??

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
How many years have we drafted a late round safety that hasn't done squat. Amos is the exception.

Sent from a spaghetti monster circling the earth

Maybe Pace is the exception. Those mid round picks were missed by other guys.

If you trade a guy for a pick the trade should be judged by what you do with that pick? Shouldn't it?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Agreed...
Forte is still productive at 30, but does anyone know what his camp will want $$$ to remain a Bear?

I'm not a capalogist (hell, I don't even know if I spelled it right), but shouldn't we also be considering the salary cap going forward?

The Bears are currently 26th in the league with 3.8MM in cap space, not to mention 13th in avg age (26.4).

Compare that to the team in our division that we need to beat (GB)...
Avg age 25.7
Cap space 12MM

I'm a little concerned about that going forward.

I like Forte too, but I just can't ignore the big picture.

You make some good points but GB's situation is a rather unique one. They have the best player in the league and one of the best all time. Without Rodgers, they're not good and they aren't active in free agency which is a big reason why they have that cap space. We will not end up with an Aaron Rodgers, so having a plethora of cap space doesn't exactly help us out all that much. I'd like for us to get a little younger and make wiser signings than in the past. No more Allen, Bushrod, Houston, and Cutler type signings.

yttocs

Liked Posts:
Do people really think MF is going to give a 50% hometown discount to stay a Bear? It's MF's last chance at a big paycheck. Would you turn down that? So why not get something, if your going to get nothing by letting him walk? I like MF, he's been a great Bear best since N Anderson. It's in MF best interest to go elsewhere get paid and have a chance at the playoffs. Bears are a few years away from that

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If the Bears trade Forte I will judge the deal based on what they do with the pick.

Trade him and draft a good player who is younger and cheaper, thumbs up.

Trade him and draft a bum and then the deal is stupid.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
That's not the damn point. The point is he's a proven consistent player who is one of best in league.

Wouldn't it be grand to see forte go onto another team, kick assor another 4 years n Bears get some draft pick who ends up being mediocre as fuck.

What if the Bears get two draft picks and they both end up being great??

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If the Bears had traded Marshall for a 1st round pick everyone would have been happy and they could have missed the pick.

Christ if the Bears had drafted Amos in the 1st I would be happy, the dude can play.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Trade option for who? Why would the worse Texans trade for a FA to be runningback?

This is the problem.

Who is competitive and needs a RB? Not a long list.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Fucking draft dorks. Trading Forte would be a huge mistake.

It is only a huge mistake if it reduces our chances of competing for a SB. Please connect the dots and who us how a 32-year old Forte is going to lead us to a SB in 2017 which is easily the soonest this team can compete in light of the glaring dearth of starting personnel and lack of any meaningful depth.

He gone, and it's easily the right move but one that will upset fanboys.

yttocs

Liked Posts:
How the Bears last first round pic play? exactly { to windys reply)

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Pace is going full Theo and I'm all for it.

He's had a really shaky start to his tenure as GM. We're all rooting for him

He's had a shaky start to his GM career?? He had a great 1st draft and brought in a beast in free agency in P.McPhee and got two 6th round draft picks for a coupke of losers that didn't fit our system in J.Allen and J.Bostic. So that's shaky hah? Hmmmmmmmmm

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
How the Bears last first round pic play? exactly { to windys reply)

He hasn't played yet. Very difficult to judge one way or the other.

But their 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th round picks all look like they can play.

It might be time to stop assuming all Bears draft picks will be terrible before they are made. If you can get a 3rd or 4th for Forte you move him. The chances of drafting a quality player are pretty good in those rounds.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
In case you and everyone else forgot. Pace paid the Jets to take Marshall. Sort of worse than how you state it.

And we ended up with a 10-12 year starter at safety in A.Amos with the pick we got for Marshall. Not so bad if you ask me.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He's had a shaky start to his GM career?? He had a great 1st draft and brought in a beast in free agency in P.McPhee and got two 6th round draft picks for a coupke of losers that didn't fit our system in J.Allen and J.Bostic. So that's shaky hah? Hmmmmmmmmm

McPhee
Jenkins
Acho
Porter

All for around 10 million combined.

4 starters, 1 potential All Pro, another having a career year for 10 million, slow clap standing ovation.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Marshall just recovered onside kick.

Yeah nice job Pace/Fox

And they still lost.......thank you for A.Amos Pace.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
For those saying, "if they aren't going to sign him, might as well get something for him".....that's not necessarily the case here. Even if you let Forte walk, there's a possibility the Bears can get a comp pick for him in the 2017 draft. If he signs a DeMarco Murray contract and the Bears don't go crazy with a huge free agent, they could potentially get a 3rd or 4th round comp pick. If he signs for what I think he will, and the Bears don't go crazy in free agency, I think he'll get the Bears a 5th/6th round comp.

Yeah i brought this up like a week ago.