Rate the last movie you watched

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My girlfriend still owes me a Criterion for my birthday. She better get on this sale before Perfect Days is sold out 😆

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
Just watched the new Beverly Hills Cop movie. Had low expectations. Loved it.

It's very throwback. Really has the vibes of an 80s action cop movie. They capture the music styles of the old movies. Even a scene where the angry police chief throws them off the case "Turn in your badge". And a scene involving crawling through an air duct.
Full of colorful characters. Eddie Murphy is great.
Today I learned Bronson Pinchot is still alive

One word review: FUN!

BobEvans

GOD, GUNS, & GAS
Liked Posts:
U guy`s do realize that most movie`s are FAKE right??? Like they literally make up a script and have paid actor`s to play it out. Take Star War`s for example, those movie`s are 100% made up. So u would have to be a idiot to enjoy a movie, the same goe`s for most T.V. show`s as well. They are designed for children.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
U guy`s do realize that most movie`s are FAKE right??? Like they literally make up a script and have paid actor`s to play it out. Take Star War`s for example, those movie`s are 100% made up. So u would have to be a idiot to enjoy a movie, the same goe`s for most T.V. show`s as well. They are designed for children.

Whaddya man? The explosion of the Death Star set off the second great Big Bang that created our universe as we know it. It's an excellent historical documentary. Facts dude.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Has anyone actually gone to a movie recently?
I was gonna see Bad Boys, but I don't find the leads funny and there's comedy in it.
I might check out A Quiet Place Day One

Last edited:

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
1721942200379.png
Definitely sold on seeing this movie after HWs review.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I was gonna see Bad Boys, but I don't find the leads funny and there's comedy in it.
I don't go as much as I used to. $13. Last one I saw was Dune part 2 with a group of friends and drinks afterward. Lively conversation. Good time.

A Quiet Place Day One has good ratings. I enjoyed the first one, but I skipped the second cause it's a subject I'd only want to see once. Part 2 just seems like if the original was 4 hours long... the extra 2 hours would just be unnecessary, a cliche of the original. I'd rather see a new idea with sci-fi horror.

If I actually prompt friends to go see a movie, it'll tend to be one you want to see on the big screen, like Twisters. I saw Twister on the big screen years ago, and it was worth it. Whereas Wolverine I can wait to rent.

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I don't go as much as I used to. $13. Last one I saw was Dune part 2 with a group of friends and drinks afterward. Lively conversation. Good time.

A Quiet Place Day One has good ratings.

If I actually prompt friends to go see a movie, it'll tend to be one you want to see on the big screen, like Twisters. I saw Twister on the big screen years ago, and it was worth it. Whereas Wolverine I can wait to rent.

Yeah....movies are getting pricey....it's best to catch a matinee or discount days, Reg price $22.99 downtown 😲

I'm thinking about seeing A Quiet Place Day One. I'm gonna check out the previews again. When I see it , I'll drop back in with a quick review.👍

Last edited:

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I think the last one I went to was Banshees of Insherin. Didn't seem that pricey to me. Tried to get the girlfriend to go see Solaris at the University of Chicago's theater and Perfect Days I think was playing at the Music Box, but she ended up working both times.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I think the last one I went to was Banshees of Insherin. Didn't seem that pricey to me. Tried to get the girlfriend to go see Solaris at the University of Chicago's theater and Perfect Days I think was playing at the Music Box, but she ended up working both times.
The Banshees of Inisherin is pretty obscure, but looks interesting. What made you want to go see it?

Which Solaris was it, the Russian?

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I loved Banshees of Inisherrin. I found it heartbreaking. But I don't really bother to go see movies in theaters since we went to see Tron remake/sequel/whatever and someone was snoring in front of me. I threw popcorn at them until they left. Just before that I snuck out of work to see Black Swan at a theater in the afternoon and the only other people in the theater chose to _sit right next to me_

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Banshees of Inisherin is pretty obscure, but looks interesting. What made you want to go see it?

Which Solaris was it, the Russian?

As far as Banshees, I love the writer/director Martin McDonagh. In Bruges is one of my favorite films, which he did.

Always the Russian. Never seen the remake. There's a page on Facebook called Doc Films at the University of Chicago, or at least close to that, and they show some cool stuff. They posted about a Solaris showing, but it was only one night. I think tickets were like 8 bucks? Solaris being one of my favorite films ever I'd love to have seen it on the big screen. They'll probably show it again.

Perfect Days was also like a one day showing and why we missed it. I ended up renting it on prime and ended up getting it during the Criterion sale that just went on. Directed by Wim Wenders (Wings of Desire and Paris, Texas) all about the simple life of an aging Tokyo toilet cleaner. Quite good actually.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I loved Banshees of Inisherrin. I found it heartbreaking. But I don't really bother to go see movies in theaters since we went to see Tron remake/sequel/whatever and someone was snoring in front of me. I threw popcorn at them until they left. Just before that I snuck out of work to see Black Swan at a theater in the afternoon and the only other people in the theater chose to _sit right next to me_

"Well, there goes that dream." Honestly need to watch it again. It's definitely heavier than his other films. Bruges is still my favorite.