Rate the last movie you watched

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
you all watched trees lounge back then, right? when U.S. indie filmmakers like todd solondz, nick gomez, *early* hal hartley, and not named kevin smith or david o. russell before he became a weirdo were still doing shit

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I loved Banshees of Inisherrin. I found it heartbreaking. But I don't really bother to go see movies in theaters since we went to see Tron remake/sequel/whatever and someone was snoring in front of me. I threw popcorn at them until they left. Just before that I snuck out of work to see Black Swan at a theater in the afternoon and the only other people in the theater chose to _sit right next to me_
The whole theatre open and they sit next to you?

Hmm... maybe they were trying to get you into a Nicki Minaj II Duce, if you know what I mean? I been asked.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The whole theatre open and they sit next to you?

Hmm... maybe they were trying to get you into a Nicki Minaj II Duce, if you know what I mean? I been asked.
lol, they were senior citizens and I draw the line at age 55+ Il duce’s

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I loved Banshees of Inisherrin. I found it heartbreaking. But I don't really bother to go see movies in theaters since we went to see Tron remake/sequel/whatever and someone was snoring in front of me. I threw popcorn at them until they left. Just before that I snuck out of work to see Black Swan at a theater in the afternoon and the only other people in the theater chose to _sit right next to me_
Seeing Black Swan in the afternoon... wow, you got some art in you. I honestly don't think I could do that. :)

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
you all watched trees lounge back then, right? when U.S. indie filmmakers like todd solondz, nick gomez, *early* hal hartley, and not named kevin smith or david o. russell before he became a weirdo were still doing shit
Steve Buscemi is in that right? Been forever since I've seen it. Actually don't remember much about it at all.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just watched Wicked Little Letters on Netflix.

"When residents begin to receive wicked letters full of hilarious profanities, foul-mouthed Rose is charged with the crime. However, as the town's women investigate, they suspect that something is amiss, and that Rose may not be the culprit after all."

Pretty decent. Now switched to Streets of Fire which looks like it has a vampire greaser Willem Dafoe in it.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Haven't seen Lounge Tree yet. Looks good. Any hints of Barfly or Leaving Las Vegas in it?

I saw Buscemi's film Interview. Thought that was excellent.

Last edited:

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Haven't seen Lounge Tree yet. Looks good. Any hints of Barfly or Leaving Las Vegas in it?

I saw Buscemi's Interview. Thought that was excellent.
yeah you shouldn't be disappointed. it was just during a honeymoon of those folks like buscemi being able to make their own shit in the late 90s that was a gen X dream.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Bike riders (free on peacock) — I really liked this filmmaker’s ‘take shelter’ but this movie about a Chicago biker gang in the 70s is utter total shit. I can’t make it through a scene without laughing at the bullshit accents and scawy dwama

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
‘So I made myse ways to da gwand and divisions street’ — gtfo. If I’m missing the joke, it ain’t funny

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
‘So I made myse ways to da gwand and divisions street’ — gtfo. If I’m missing the joke, it ain’t funny

I'm kinda curious now. Perhaps I'll give it a look, I've got Peacock.

Watched A Ghost Story last night. No thanks.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bike riders (free on peacock) — I really liked this filmmaker’s ‘take shelter’ but this movie about a Chicago biker gang in the 70s is utter total shit. I can’t make it through a scene without laughing at the bullshit accents and scawy dwama

Pretty middle of the road for me.