Realistic View VS Homeristtic View - Which are You

AussieBear

After beating the Chiefs

Homer: Playoffs here we come.

Realist: They play the games for a reason and I dont know what the fuck is going to happen the rest of the season - any given sunday.

Mongo: Jay Cutler.

mecha

Liked Posts:
realistic view, homer view, Omeletpants' view
[video=youtube;CuWQfMGjZF4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuWQfMGjZF4[/video]

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
So....

Just to bring this to a close.

Cutler lovers still feel he is their reason to live.

Bears fans still feel that we won and hope we keep winning as a team. 3rdnlong seems to epitomize the OP GOING OVER HIS HEAD. Not at all surprising.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So....

Just to bring this to a close.

Cutler lovers still feel he is their reason to live.

Bears fans still feel that we won and hope we keep winning as a team. 3rdnlong seems to epitomize the OP GOING OVER HIS HEAD. Not at all surprising.

What about the people hoping the Bears lose because higher pick equals elite?

Wintermute

Liked Posts:
The CCS version:

Homers: Anyone that roots for this team through thick and thin, looks for the positives and improvements, and overall just enjoys the sport. Have a tendency to overlook the team deficiencies with a "glass is half full" mentality. Keeps rivalries alive and knows in their heart the truth: Green Bay does truly suck. Typically live longer and lead more fulfilling lives. Often referred to as meatballs by the realists.

Realists: Masquerade as the objective elite. Cantankerous by nature, they love to shit all over any joy that the homers have found by vomiting embittered cynicism into threads daily. Are more obsessed with proving others wrong than the sport itself and revel in the "I told you so" posts. Enjoy cunting over antiquated arguments that were already ended months ago (see Brandon Marshall). Somehow manage to spin the most endearing victory into Greek tragedy. Typically miserable, stunted humanoids that resemble something of a cross between LOTR Golem and that morbid kid from 'Kindergarten Cop." Also known as Packer Apologists for their ridiculous attempts to shame others that enjoy watching division rivals choke. Die at an earlier age compared to the national average.

Thibetanus

Liked Posts:
The CCS version:

Homers: Anyone that roots for this team through thick and thin, looks for the positives and improvements, and overall just enjoys the sport. Have a tendency to overlook the team deficiencies with a "glass is half full" mentality. Keeps rivalries alive and knows in their heart the truth: Green Bay does truly suck. Typically live longer and lead more fulfilling lives. Often referred to as meatballs by the realists.

Realists: Masquerade as the objective elite. Cantankerous by nature, they love shit all over any joy that the homers have found by vomiting embittered cynicism into threads daily. Are more obsessed with proving others wrong than the sport itself and revel in the "I told you so" posts. Enjoy cunting over antiquated arguments that were already ended months ago (see Brandon Marshall). Somehow manage to spin the most endearing victory into Greek tragedy. Typically miserable, stunted humanoids that resemble something of a cross between LOTR Golem and that morbid kid from 'Kindergarten Cop." Also known as Packer Apologists for their ridiculous attempts to shame others that enjoy watching division rivals choke. Die at an earlier age compared to the national average.

Epic!

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The CCS version:

Realists: Masquerade as the objective elite. Cantankerous by nature, they love shit all over any joy that the homers have found by vomiting embittered cynicism into threads daily. Are more obsessed with proving others wrong than the sport itself and revel in the "I told you so" posts. Enjoy cunting over antiquated arguments that were already ended months ago (see Brandon Marshall). Somehow manage to spin the most endearing victory into Greek tragedy. Typically miserable, stunted humanoids that resemble something of a cross between LOTR Golem and that morbid kid from 'Kindergarten Cop." Also known as Packer Apologists for their ridiculous attempts to shame others that enjoy watching division rivals choke. Die at an earlier age compared to the national average.

shia.gif

SUPERFAN

YUUUGE member
Liked Posts:
Wintermute just nailed it!
Kudos brother
Funny how we win as a team
But when we lose its one guys fault his last name rhymes with butler
Most of these people consider themselves a "realist"

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Those are all too anti Cutler, and I am not a fan boy.

Can't we just enjoy a win and Cutler playing well late in the game?

Why does everything need to be a battle over Cutler?

He led to big TD driver to win the game, let's just tip our hats and enjoy that he did it.

Can't we celebrate improvement and winning a game no one picked us to win without stating it to death?

God, we all know this is not a Super Bowl team, but they are playing above their talent level and after last season with the quitters everyone can shove their stats.

Can't we just be happy that we are not the laughing stock of the NFL again?

Instead we need to nitpick every part of the team.

/thread

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
In closing I'm really hoping for some new material, because this same thread with a different title shit is lame as fuck.
Mongo's raging Boner for Jay is still clearly evident. Nothing new to see here.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's a fucking MB. Grab some beers and join Nvan and me.:yep:

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears