Rebuild ideas

jazzmcfunk

Liked Posts:
Hey Fellas

I'm new here, just wanted to say hello to everyone. Just thinking about the Bears rebuild, if you will call it that. I'm not sure if we have the salary cap to do this, but I'm wondering if it's financially feasible:

Reports from Philly are saying that ownership is telling HC candidates Wentz will be kept. ( ), so why not offer a 3rd for Jalen Hurts?
Resign Allen Robinson (if he is willing) to a 3 yr deal
Try to sign JuJu Smith Schuster in FA.

That's my start for suggestions for now. More to follow.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Dont buy you are new
Agree with this. I’ve been here for a while and I still don’t know how to post links on here. Well I’m not the brightest when it comes to computers but idc, he’s not new here.

jazzmcfunk

Liked Posts:
Haha. I just copied and pasted the twitter link and it made it all 'posty'. I was a ChicagoBears.com message board member years ago when it existed, but that's it.

msadows

Liked Posts:
lol another thread about trading for another teams trash QB.

How about we just draft our own?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Took you 3 years to admit(but actually lie) Trubisky sucks and a handful of games to call Hurts trash. If only everyone got the same benefit. What a fucking joke.

Welcome to the board, OP. You should probably put our biggest troll here on ignore. Good luck.

jazzmcfunk

Liked Posts:

I wouldn't say Hurts is trash, especially if we could get him for a third round pick. Who are you liking at #20, or lower?

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Haha. I just copied and pasted the twitter link and it made it all 'posty'. I was a ChicagoBears.com message board member years ago when it existed, but that's it.
Most of this board was. What was your handle? Mine was the same.

jazzmcfunk

Liked Posts:
Took you 3 years to admit(but actually lie) Trubisky sucks and a handful of games to call Hurts trash. If only everyone got the same benefit. What a fucking joke.

Welcome to the board, OP. You should probably put our biggest troll here on ignore. Good luck.

Thanks! It's good to talk Bears football. As funny as it sounds, I enjoy the offseason almost as much as the season. I find front office moves (good and bad) to be very intriguing.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Thanks! It's good to talk Bears football. As funny as it sounds, I enjoy the offseason almost as much as the season. I find front office moves (good and bad) to be very intriguing.
You're a Bears fan, the off-season is where the most excitement is lol. Just be prepared, a lot of us aren't very optimistic. As far as your idea goes, I liked Hurts and i think he has potential. I'm not sure this is the coaching staff for him. Id rather the Bears use that 3rd to make a package to move up or the very slim chance of trading for Watson. I dont see any chance they spend big on two FA WRs.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
I liked him coming into the draft. Woud be willing to use a 4th on him

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Agree with this. I’ve been here for a while and I still don’t know how to post links on here. Well I’m not the brightest when it comes to computers but idc, he’s not new here.

hmmm So you don't know how to copy and pasta........ That sounds like a typical meatball thing to be incapable of.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:

We've done a great job drafting our own trash QB's wouldn't ya say.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
You're a Bears fan, the off-season is where the most excitement is lol. Just be prepared, a lot of us aren't very optimistic. As far as your idea goes, I liked Hurts and i think he has potential. I'm not sure this is the coaching staff for him. Id rather the Bears use that 3rd to make a package to move up or the very slim chance of trading for Watson. I dont see any chance they spend big on two FA WRs.

The Watson trade idea just seems so bad to me. It is like Pace is going to fuck us once more on his way out the door by sending off a bunch of draft picks and hamstringing other possibilities with a giant contract.... It just seems more and more like something that Pace would certainly do, then get fired, and leave a giant mess for the next guy.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The Watson trade idea just seems so bad to me. It is like Pace is going to fuck us once more on his way out the door by sending off a bunch of draft picks and hamstringing other possibilities with a giant contract.... It just seems more and more like something that Pace would certainly do, then get fired, and leave a giant mess for the next guy.
Leaving us with a franchise QB seems good to me lol. But yeah, this is why i've wanted him gone because i dont like the idea of him mortgaging the future to save his job. But Watson is proven and can hide a lot of issues. He'd be worth everything imo. But i dont even see it happening. Now him trading a ton in the draft, i can totally see that.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Leaving us with a franchise QB seems good to me lol. But yeah, this is why i've wanted him gone because i dont like the idea of him mortgaging the future to save his job. But Watson is proven and can hide a lot of issues. He'd be worth everything imo. But i dont even see it happening. Now him trading a ton in the draft, i can totally see that.

*Leaving us with a franchise QB with no draft picks to put talent around him and no money to sign FA's to help out either.... I'll pass, thanks.

greg23

Liked Posts:
If teams don't value their cheap rookie qbs and the salary cap is irrelevant then your ideas are golden. Who wouldn't want a $20 mil unhappy tagged wr as well as another wr who will want close to that as well in f/a?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
*Leaving us with a franchise QB with no draft picks to put talent around him and no money to sign FA's to help out either.... I'll pass, thanks.
Fair enough. I'll take the one thing the Bears have never had instead of watching the next Kevin White, Mitch Trubisky and Leonard Floyd. Thanks.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Fair enough. I'll take the one thing the Bears have never had instead of watching the next Kevin White, Mitch Trubisky and Leonard Floyd. Thanks.

Watching Floyd play for the Rams was really annoying. Suddenly the guy was everywhere this season, although he still had just enough Bears rust leftover just for Rodgers to break his ankles on the way to the end zone.