Rebuild ideas

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would be looking to shed expensive contracts, drafting offensive and D linemen early and often, and know that we are going with Foles next year unfortunately.

Take a late round QB and try to get lucky.

But knowing Pace he will keep hanging us with expensive shitty contracts that rarely live up to expectations.

*People trying to make a point about how the Bears could fill out their roster and compete in 2021, should first take a look at 2022 and work their way back.

Robert Quin will be 32
Khali Mack will be 31
Kyle Fuller will be 30
Eddie Jackson will be 29
Danny Trevathon will be 32

all of these guys best football will have been behind them. Good chance at least 4 out of 5 will be gone. Most have terrible contracts.

Then your most likely to lose the following this year

Trubisky
Hicks
Allen Robinson

And the following should be replaced in either 2021 or 2022

Leno
Massie

Stop trying to put lipstick on this pig. it won't work. At best you might manage to squeak into another meaningless WC game. And then you will be totally effed come 2022.

Had the Bears hired a GM with some job security, he would immediately have seen these flaws, and instead of attempting another last gasp desperate move to be relevant in 2021, started to rebuild and re-gear. The Bears playoff window has passed.

Smartest move now is to shed as many bad contracts as possible, acquire as much draft capital as possible, and look at 2022 as the year they can be players in the FA market and possibly land a QB in the draft. Rather than mortgage their future on a QB with Watson's talent, they are best suited to start rebuilding in the trenches and think about replacing these aging vets. Their much better off tanking in 2021 when taking a longer view at the roster.

*posted in another thread.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That is hindsight though, because he wasn't getting the job done the last three years.
So is signing Mahomes / Watson so we will fit right in round here.

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
Ideally what we'd do is draft O-Lineman in the draft and liquidate our talent for future draft picks.

Then we are awful next season and take a QB at the top of the 1st. That's a sensible path ahead. Build O-Line + QB first as the foundation and then go from there.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ideally what we'd do is draft O-Lineman in the draft and liquidate our talent for future draft picks.

Then we are awful next season and take a QB at the top of the 1st. That's a sensible path ahead. Build O-Line + QB first as the foundation and then go from there.

Which is why you didn't want to see pace and nagy retained.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
He just had his best statistical season without Hopkins, so you can throw that point in the dumpster. He makes everyone around him better. Watch QBs play. Look at the ball placement.

I know you love to discredit Watson because Mitch is your guy but give it up.

Mitch sure the fuck isn’t my guy. I was one of the only posters on this board that was pro Mahomes pre-draft. I liked Watson behind him. Watson is good, he’s not Mahomes or Rodgers.

Lots of hype and inflated stats because they were always chasing...

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
Which is why you didn't want to see pace and nagy retained.
Exactly. Especially Nagy. I could see Pace being allowed another shot at rebuilding.

Which is why keeping Nagy is so awful. We basically have to "go for it" instead of actually rebuilding into a high-ceiling team.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I would be looking to shed expensive contracts, drafting offensive and D linemen early and often, and know that we are going with Foles next year unfortunately.

Take a late round QB and try to get lucky.

But knowing Pace he will keep hanging us with expensive shitty contracts that rarely live up to expectations.
It’s funny how all of a sudden you can’t find a quarterback with #20....like no quarterback has ever been taken below the top 19

10veitout

Quack quack 🦆
Liked Posts:
Maybe but blue chip level players really don’t migrate to Indiana State. If he gets paid and moves on or if he’s around with Love at the helm, you’ll have a better idea of if he’s benefiting from the brilliance of Rodgers and the fact he’s drawing weaker coverage as the 4th or 5th option.

Players aren't always what they are in college.

That would not explain why Tonyan is getting so many TDs and catches. We have had numerous TEs that were in the same situation that theoretically should have been that good.

jazzmcfunk

Liked Posts:
fair points. Although I personally think Lock is better than anything they’d get at #52 overall at QB, I’m not sold on guys like Trask and Newman.

this deal would be very similar to the 9ers getting garapolo. Give up some draft capital, a 2nd rounder to get a kid with potential and if he doesn’t pan out, you aren’t committed to him long term.

I also think Lock has been pretty decent at the NFL level, albeit inconsistent
To your point(s), Lock might be attainable if the Broncos draft a QB: