Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I wouldn't say Hurts is trash, especially if we could get him for a third round pick. Who are you liking at #20, or lower?
The Bears should not offer Philly anything for Hurts. If Philly wants to get rid of him, they can make an offer.
This isn’t a year to waste draft currency because the Bears have holes to fill. Jalen Hurts best trait is he is cheap.
The Bears could trade down and probably still get a quarterback p.

jazzmcfunk

Liked Posts:
The Bears should not offer Philly anything for Hurts. If Philly wants to get rid of him, they can make an offer.
This isn’t a year to waste draft currency because the Bears have holes to fill. Jalen Hurts best trait is he is cheap.
The Bears could trade down and probably still get a quarterback p.
So if that is the case, do you think we are in full rebuild mode at this point? Drafting a QB to start in the later rounds would imply so. If this is the case, would you agree with the Bears moving Mack for draft picks?

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
So if that is the case, do you think we are in full rebuild mode at this point? Drafting a QB to start in the later rounds would imply so. If this is the case, would you agree with the Bears moving Mack for draft picks?
First of all, and this is just my opinion, I don’t think trading up to get in the top 3 is worth it because I do not think any of those quarterbacks get you very far in the next couple years and certainly not in the super bowl Nd I think there is a q that will be there in the late 1st rd. If you could find someone to trade down with and pick up an extra draft pick the better off we will be. Our cap situation isn’t real good so we have to be careful and frugal in free agency.
In my opinion

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Enough with the bickering. Outside of him playing like shit against the Bears, i disagree with about everything here.

So point blank, you don't Watson makes players around him better?

Guys like Mahomes and Rodgers make the players around them better. Look at Lazard, MVS and Tonyan. Tonyan is just a guy and Aaron has raised his level of play considerably.

Who is Watson elevating? He is good just not elite tier good. I do know Hopkins helped elevate Watson’s game.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
I would be really on board with Lance. Definitely warming up to the idea if he’s somehow available.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Who is Watson elevating? He is good just not elite tier good. I do know Hopkins helped elevate Watson’s game.
He just had his best statistical season without Hopkins, so you can throw that point in the dumpster. He makes everyone around him better. Watch QBs play. Look at the ball placement.

I know you love to discredit Watson because Mitch is your guy but give it up.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Most of this board was. What was your handle? Mine was the same.
I miss NaNa Bear and all the arguments I got into with her about David Terrell. It was painful when the OG board was shutdown and things moved to Facebook. I never posted there and am glad I found this board.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We've done a great job drafting our own trash QB's wouldn't ya say.

+ Done a great job overspending on several players ?‍♂️. At least for Mitch the tank already got em to #3. Regardless a miss is a miss & they aren't ready to set the table for a rookie this season, nor a vet gutting the roster to bring in now. Can we reasonably agree that...

Bears aren't going to SB this upcoming season. Fair assumption?

#20 is no way to draft a top tier QB (esp w/ so much competition), NOR do they have the ammo to trade up without gutting much needed current/future picks.

1611035035026.png

Grab a developmental QB in 3rd or 4th for NOW, and enjoy the tank for a 2022 QB
+ FILL other holes/prevent creating as many new cap holes
+ KEEP the draft picks
+ keep future cap space
+ additional years of rookie QB cap use (vs get him NOW and need a few years to surround with what he needs) ?‍♂️
+ avoid tainting said rookie QB with Nagy's idiocy (a'la Mitch with Fox AND Nagy)

Trading for Watson or some other so-so vet QB is crazy overspending for no reason. Just plain desperation at the expense of all the above and the next several years. All the more reason they should've fired these guys!

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I miss NaNa Bear and all the arguments I got into with her about David Terrell. It was painful when the OG board was shutdown and things moved to Facebook. I never posted there and am glad I found this board.

Facebook SUCKs for discussions. Forums are where it's at.

10veitout

Quack quack 🦆
Liked Posts:
Guys like Mahomes and Rodgers make the players around them better. Look at Lazard, MVS and Tonyan. Tonyan is just a guy and Aaron has raised his level of play considerably.

I don't think Tonyan is just a guy, Rodgers never got much production out of his TE's.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol another thread about trading for another teams trash QB.

How about we just draft our own?

Well if you want to draft a trash QB, they have the right GM in place !!!

jazzmcfunk

Liked Posts:
I forgot about her. Remember the legend of Airese Curry?? Good laughs there.

jazzmcfunk

Liked Posts:
+ Done a great job overspending on several players ?‍♂️. At least for Mitch the tank already got em to #3. Regardless a miss is a miss & they aren't ready to set the table for a rookie this season, nor a vet gutting the roster to bring in now. Can we reasonably agree that...

Bears aren't going to SB this upcoming season. Fair assumption?

#20 is no way to draft a top tier QB (esp w/ so much competition), NOR do they have the ammo to trade up without gutting much needed current/future picks.

View attachment 9857

Grab a developmental QB in 3rd or 4th for NOW, and enjoy the tank for a 2022 QB
+ FILL other holes/prevent creating as many new cap holes
+ KEEP the draft picks
+ keep future cap space
+ additional years of rookie QB cap use (vs get him NOW and need a few years to surround with what he needs) ?‍♂️
+ avoid tainting said rookie QB with Nagy's idiocy (a'la Mitch with Fox AND Nagy)

Trading for Watson or some other so-so vet QB is crazy overspending for no reason. Just plain desperation at the expense of all the above and the next several years. All the more reason they should've fired these guys!
Great post. Contrary to my original suggestion, I have to agree that keeping draft picks is important. I can’t remember a draft where Pace ended with more picks than he started.
I think we have to embrace the rebuild and think about moving Mack. His age will not align with our next peak as a team. He still has some trade currency which will help the team in the future.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Being in Maryland, I get to watch Philly quite a bit, and I like some aspects of Hurts, and the Eagles did not bench Wentz for no reason, but they can not get rid of him because of his contract....

Back to Hurts, he played well as a rookie and has an accurate arm (not a rocket), good wheels and seems to be a better QB than some thought he might be.

IF, and that is a big IF, Philly is willing to let him go for less than a 2nd, I think it should be a part of the Bears strategy, because he has the potential to be better than Trubisky or Foles or most of the FA QBs.

I would Still draft a QB, pulling off a trade and then moving up to take Wilson or drafting Jones/Trask at 20 would surprise folks.

I know people will say that is too much Draft capital (trade picks and drafting a QB), but until they get the QB position fixed, nothing else matters.....

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
I forgot about her. Remember the legend of Airese Curry?? Good laughs there.
Without a doubt. I wonder who MOUSE is on this board. I remember I caught him slipping the one time he used a lower case letter in a post. I also wonder which poster here is the legendarily bad Cheesegoof.

jazzmcfunk

Liked Posts:
Being in Maryland, I get to watch Philly quite a bit, and I like some aspects of Hurts, and the Eagles did not bench Wentz for no reason, but they can not get rid of him because of his contract....

Back to Hurts, he played well as a rookie and has an accurate arm (not a rocket), good wheels and seems to be a better QB than some thought he might be.

IF, and that is a big IF, Philly is willing to let him go for less than a 2nd, I think it should be a part of the Bears strategy, because he has the potential to be better than Trubisky or Foles or most of the FA QBs.

I would Still draft a QB, pulling off a trade and then moving up to take Wilson or drafting Jones/Trask at 20 would surprise folks.

I know people will say that is too much Draft capital (trade picks and drafting a QB), but until they get the QB position fixed, nothing else matters.....

I agree with most of what you've said. I would argue that our rebuild needs to be more foundational. We need to start with the OL first, arguably in having 6 quality starters. I believe we should overpay the position with 6 players and we will reap the benefits.
No matter how good a QB is, he can't complete passes if he doesn't have the time to make the read and throw. If a QB's eyes are in his backfield looking at the DL, they aren't downfield. Trying to bring in a young QB will be his utter demise if he can't stay upright. I can't believe I'm saying this, but maybe spending the Min. amount on a QB this year would make the most sense if we can allocate our spending in OL. Once we have that, then we can get a QB.
An analogy I like to use is of cars... you shouldn't buy a sportscar if you don't have smooth roads to drive it on.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah but his qb acquisitions overall have been bad. He should have also drafted more than one QB.
Glennon bad, Foles Im told is good and he only makes 6m. Who else?