Rebuild ideas

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Watching Floyd play for the Rams was really annoying. Suddenly the guy was everywhere this season, although he still had just enough Bears rust leftover just for Rodgers to break his ankles on the way to the end zone.
I still think it was a product of Donald. I'm typically a "let me see it for two years" kind a guy.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Leaving us with a franchise QB seems good to me lol. But yeah, this is why i've wanted him gone because i dont like the idea of him mortgaging the future to save his job. But Watson is proven and can hide a lot of issues. He'd be worth everything imo. But i dont even see it happening. Now him trading a ton in the draft, i can totally see that.

I like Watson but he didn’t hide any issues in Houston. He did have a nice stat line.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I still think it was a product of Donald. I'm typically a "let me see it for two years" kind a guy.

I feel you, but you would think that with Hicks AND Mack eating up O linemen that he should've gotten plenty to eat. Apparently that wasn't the case as he was still skinny as hell at the end of the season.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I like Watson but he didn’t hide any issues in Houston. He did have a nice stat line.
He was productive with a garbage cast of pass catchers, horrible OL and no run game. Imagine what that offense would look like with a lesser QB.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I feel you, but you would think that with Hicks AND Mack eating up O linemen that he should've gotten plenty to eat. Apparently that wasn't the case as he was still skinny as hell at the end of the season.
Right. I felt in was inexcusable for how little he produced as a pass rusher playing with Mack, Goldman and Hicks. Whether he really did find a way to make it all click or if its just a better fit for him, i still think it was time to move on. The guy simply wasn't getting it done. Im definitely intrigued to see how he performs next season.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He was productive with a garbage cast of pass catchers, horrible OL and no run game. Imagine what that offense would look like with a lesser QB.
11 wins in 18 then 10 in 19 in the harder AFC. But yeah lets just pay attention to 2020 where they traded away all his WR.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
11 wins in 18 then 10 in 19 in the harder AFC. But yeah lets just pay attention to 2020 where they traded away all his WR.
Right? I hate small sample sizes. I keep posting the link to his GWD vs Buffalo in the playoffs. This guy is insanely talented. Unfortunately for him, Patrick Mahomes is in the AFC.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

He had Brandon Cooks and Will Fuller. Fuller was lighting it up before his suspension.

Fells and Akins are both capable tight ends. David Johnson is just a ghost of his former self.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Right? I hate small sample sizes. I keep posting the link to his GWD vs Buffalo in the playoffs. This guy is insanely talented. Unfortunately for him, Patrick Mahomes is in the AFC.
I guess there is a small plus to the Bears vs say the Dolphins or Jets. Josh Allen and the Bills are gonna be around for a while. Rogers probably only has a couple seasons left. Once hes gone Watson could be the best QB in the division.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Right. I felt in was inexcusable for how little he produced as a pass rusher playing with Mack, Goldman and Hicks. Whether he really did find a way to make it all click or if its just a better fit for him, i still think it was time to move on. The guy simply wasn't getting it done. Im definitely intrigued to see how he performs next season.

I agree, but I always wonder if that is Bears fault when that happens, or just that the guy finally developed, or if the scheme fit was bad or what exactly went wrong.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

He had Cooks and Fuller but let’s not worry about the facts. Cooks put up over 1,100 yards and Fuller had 8 TDs before his suspension.

jazzmcfunk

Liked Posts:
To me, trading a mid rounder for Hurts seems reasonable. My understanding is that we are hamstrung by the salary cap, and he doesn’t have a commanding salary right now. It’s a dice roll I would be willing to see Pace take.
In other aspects of the team, I’m a huge proponent of loading up on good OL in the draft. Big men who can move quick are hard to find, plus they tend to have a long shelf life, and do not push the salary cap. I have tons of respect for the OL and think we need to have depth if we want to have a dominating Offence.
As far as D goes, I think Quinn was a failed experiment. Same goes for what I said above for DL.

Reactions: DC

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He had Cooks and Fuller but let’s not worry about the facts. Cooks put up over 1,100 yards and Fuller had 8 TDs before his suspension.
Well lets also not worry about the fact the 27th ranked D is why they lost most of their games not Watson.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
Why would the Eagles give away a QB they drafted in the 2nd for anything less then a 2nd. Hurts has shown promise in the 4 games he's played unless the Eagles go full Special person and think based off four games in his rookie season that he showed that's his full potential. He's still cheap.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He had Brandon Cooks and Will Fuller. Fuller was lighting it up before his suspension.

Fells and Akins are both capable tight ends. David Johnson is just a ghost of his former self.
Fuller is a better version of Anthony Miller and Brandon Cooks is a solid #2. How do either of those guys look on the Bears with Mitch Trubisky? Not too good imo.

I mean, in this era of modern NFL offenses in the golden age of QBing, if you cant see how a guy like Watson makes players better than idk what to tell you. Again, i keep telling people to watch the GWD vs the Bills in the playoffs. Look at how he plays vs good teams. Look at the level of production. Two years in a row highest rated QB vs playoff teams. While Trubisky fans were blaming the OL for 4 years, Watson this year has had a worse one and still managed to put up over 100 yards passing before the final drive of a football game.

jazzmcfunk

Liked Posts:
Why would the Eagles give away a QB they drafted in the 2nd for anything less then a 2nd. Hurts has shown promise in the 4 games he's played unless the Eagles go full Special person and think based off four games in his rookie season that he showed that's his full potential. He's still cheap.

I guess that my thought was if the organization is wanting to keep Wentz, then Hurts offers more value as a trading piece than as a backup, but you do make a valid point. I forgot that they took him in the 2nd. Okay, well scratch that idea.. haha.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hey Fellas

I'm new here, just wanted to say hello to everyone. Just thinking about the Bears rebuild, if you will call it that. I'm not sure if we have the salary cap to do this, but I'm wondering if it's financially feasible:

Reports from Philly are saying that ownership is telling HC candidates Wentz will be kept. ( ), so why not offer a 3rd for Jalen Hurts?
Resign Allen Robinson (if he is willing) to a 3 yr deal
Try to sign JuJu Smith Schuster in FA.

That's my start for suggestions for now. More to follow.
Stay frosty. Lots of crossfire here but it's entertaining. Welcome a'board.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Well lets also not worry about the fact the 27th ranked D is why they lost most of their games not Watson.

You said they traded away all of his receivers which is simply not true. They traded a great one but the cupboard was far from bare. Their defense was terrible and Watson did put up big numbers. It added up to a whole bunch of nothing.

His team in 2019 had a 24-0 lead against the Chiefs in the playoffs and still lost the game. An elite QB wins that game easily.

I like him but it’s crazy how many want to lump him in with the best QBs. He’s not even in the same area code as Mahomes or Rodgers. I wouldn’t be shocked if Herbert passes him next season too.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Fuller is a better version of Anthony Miller and Brandon Cooks is a solid #2. How do either of those guys look on the Bears with Mitch Trubisky? Not too good imo.

I mean, in this era of modern NFL offenses in the golden age of QBing, if you cant see how a guy like Watson makes players better than idk what to tell you. Again, i keep telling people to watch the GWD vs the Bills in the playoffs. Look at how he plays vs good teams. Look at the level of production. Two years in a row highest rated QB vs playoff teams. While Trubisky fans were blaming the OL for 4 years, Watson this year has had a worse one and still managed to put up over 100 yards passing before the final drive of a football game.

Your Fuller comp to Miller is misguided. They are not even close to being the same type of player. Watson is good and he’ll rack up stats. I’d love to see him here but I just don’t view him as an elite NFL QB. He might become one but he has been anointed based on his incredibly high profile coming into the league.

He played like absolute shit against the Bears but every excuse was made for his performance.
For him to really thrive, he’ll need the same tools good but not great QBs need which is a really strong supporting cast.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Your Fuller comp to Miller is misguided. They are not even close to being the same type of player. Watson is good and he’ll rack up stats. I’d love to see him here but I just don’t view him as an elite NFL QB. He might become one but he has been anointed based on his incredibly high profile coming into the league.

He played like absolute shit against the Bears but every excuse was made for his performance.
For him to really thrive, he’ll need the same tools good but not great QBs need which is a really strong supporting cast.
Enough with the bickering. Outside of him playing like shit against the Bears, i disagree with about everything here.

So point blank, you don't Watson makes players around him better?