Report: Bears offer OC job to Packers QB coach Luke Getsy

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I didn't say he WAS the most qualified.

I asked you how you KNOW he will NOT develop Fields as you repeatedly imply.

this is what I asked the OP........
run and shoot said:

Well the point is finding the right person, the most qualified person to develop Fields. Right?
Can u honestly tell me getsy checks these boxes?

Now what do u see in getsy's background that says he's the person to develop an offense, call plays and develop Fields.
And please no question for question. Thanks

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You follow football...right? You don't have to "interview him" to know if there are more qualified ppl out there to develop Fields.

Umm yeah you kind of do. Is Getsy the most qualified on paper? No. Does that mean he is not the most qualified? No.

I hire people all the time. The interview is just as important as the resume. You cant get a sense for someone's charisma, leadership, ability to teach and connect based on a resume.

I have had people with exceptional resumes who did not connect in an interview. And people with ok resumes who were exceptional in the interview.

You are not in the interview room so you need to come to terms with the fact you dont know enough to do anything other than pontificate on a message board presuming you know more than the people actually talking to these candidates.

Last edited:

Rise

Liked Posts:
He would satisfy the Rooney rule was the point. You have to interview 2 minorities for OC and DC. So they interviewed Pep and Sanjay Lal. That doesnt mean they dont also like them.

so if you interview two but both are for OC it also counts towards DC? This rule is so strange.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
this is what I asked the OP........
run and shoot said:

Well the point is finding the right person, the most qualified person to develop Fields. Right?
Can u honestly tell me getsy checks these boxes?

Now what do u see in getsy's background that says he's the person to develop an offense, call plays and develop Fields.
And please no question for question. Thanks
So typically the quarterbacks coach is the developer of the quarterback and that's not what Luke is being pursued for.

From what I heard he would be the OC and run coordinator, and the quarterbacks coach would also be the passing coordinator

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
What’s “more qualified”? Have you heard their proposals of what they would do specifically for Fields? For this offense?

No. You’re just guessing based on your personal preference. Which is fine, but your preference is NOT A FACT.

I asking based on your football knowledge, who is out there that would be good to develop Fields and why?
If u have no idea and haven't followed the candidates....ok.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Umm yeah you kind of do. Is Getsy the most qualified on paper? No. Does that mean he is not the most qualified? No.

I hire people all the time. The interview is just as important as the resume. You cant get a sense for someone's charisma, leadership, ability to teach and connect based on a resume.

I have had people with exceptional resumes who did not connect in an interview. And people with ok resumes who were exceptional in the interview.

You are not in the interview room so you need to come to terms with the fact you dont enough to do anything other tham pontificate on a message board presuming you know more than the people actually talking to these candidates.

I made a living interviewing ppl. My question is are we interviewing the most qualified for the OC position based on the available candidates, background and accomplishment? What does getsy bring to the table vs the available candidates ?

BTW.....they said Nagy "interviewed well".

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I made a living interviewing ppl. My question is are we interviewing the most qualified for the OC position based on the available candidates, background and accomplishment? What does getsy bring to the table vs the available candidates ?

This was already answered. Please read my post again. Specifically the 2nd sentence. Then tell me what you think it means.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I asking based on your football knowledge, who is out there that would be good to develop Fields and why?
If u have no idea and haven't followed the candidates....ok.
None of us have a clue. You included.

I've looked at the backgrounds of the candidates. I'm asking u to discuss who's out there and who u like to see develop Fields? I'm also asking u to discuss why or why getsy based on your football knowledge ? LOL I don't get why it's off limits to talk about this.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I've looked at the backgrounds of the candidates. I'm asking u to discuss who's out there and who u like to see develop Fields? I'm also asking u to discuss why or why getsy based on your football knowledge ? LOL I don't get why it's off limits to talk about this.
We’ve all looked at the backgrounds. We all have our opinions. But that is all they are. Opinions. Not facts. Arguing about which opinions are more right is for idiots.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

This was already answered. Please read my post again. Specifically the 2nd sentence. Then tell me what you think it means.

I read this and I told u I've also I made a living interviewing ppl. I've seen ppl with " charisma, leadership, ability to teach and connect based on a resume."

For the purposes of this discussion, which is about Fields' Qb development and hiring the best most qualified OC....

I want to know have u done in you career with regards to Qb development?
Have u ever run a pro offense?
Have u called plays at any point?

Now if the answer is no to those questions then "charisma, leadership, ability to teach and connect based on a resume."
mean nothing to me. I want tangible results from a potential OC candidate. I don't want " but I can learn"

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
We’ve all looked at the backgrounds. We all have our opinions. But that is all they are. Opinions. Not facts. Arguing about which opinions are more right is for idiots.

There's no "Arguing". It's a discussion about who on paper is best for Fields and the offense. But you're saying it's "idiotic" to talk about the candidates or getsy. OK.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I read this and I told u I've also I made a living interviewing ppl. I've seen ppl with " charisma, leadership, ability to teach and connect based on a resume."

For the purposes of this discussion, which is about Fields' Qb development and hiring the best most qualified OC....

Now if the answer is no to those questions then "charisma, leadership, ability to teach and connect based on a resume."
mean nothing to me. I want tangible results from a potential OC candidate. I don't want " but I can learn"
So you want someone who has already done it at a high level, and is available to hire. Sounds like…absolutely no one out there presently.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
So you want someone who has already done it at a high level, and is available to hire. Sounds like…absolutely no one out there presently.

I think u know who we've interviewed and what they bring to the table qualifications-wise.

Look at this way.....this guy has never been a pro OC, never called plays, never designed a pro offense & playbook and never had a history of Qb development. And the Bears are giving him a chance to do all this......AND HE HAS TO THINK about it. What does this say about him? What the heck does this about the Bear org.

I mean I don't know whether to laugh :LOL: or cry about this. ?

:obama:

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I think u know who we've interviewed and what they bring to the table qualifications-wise.

Look at this way.....this guy has never been a pro OC, never called plays, never designed a pro offense & playbook and never had a history of Qb development. And the Bears are giving him a chance to do all this......AND HE HAS TO THINK about it. What does this say about him? What the heck does this about the Bear org.

I mean I don't know whether to laugh :LOL: or cry about this. ?

:obama:
I don’t care what you do about it, honestly…

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Great and when you are the Bears HC you can make decisions based on your criteria. Others have a different criteria and we will have to wait to watch the games to see the results.

Also this was a huge tangent. You asked if I thought he was the most qualified and I told you I already answered. Since you seem to not be able to read, I already said he does not appear to be the most qualified on paper.

However, I know of no company that hires people based just off of resumes and without an interview so that clearly means most companies consider an interview important. You did not interview him so your opinion is based in an incomplete picture.

Last edited: