Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Houston Astros
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Miami Hurricanes
Harold called it again. He said the hype around Getsy is real and BOOM. Shefter tweet. Dont see him crying about respect either. a true pro
What was up with the Bills Mafia hashtag he used a few days ago?

Canth

Liked Posts:

That could work too. Recent article about him below:

So, it sounds like if you bring in either Joe Brady or Andrew Janocko to be the QB coach, they are both young and could be groomed to be the next OC if/when Getsy moves on to be a HC.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Interesting that Harold Winman thinks Kafka was the true #1 target. He thinks Getsy coming here means Rodgers is gone for sure as well. We shall see.

as for the QB coach I’ll read those articles thanks for posting!

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I read this and I told u I've also I made a living interviewing ppl. I've seen ppl with " charisma, leadership, ability to teach and connect based on a resume."

For the purposes of this discussion, which is about Fields' Qb development and hiring the best most qualified OC....

I want to know have u done in you career with regards to Qb development?
Have u ever run a pro offense?
Have u called plays at any point?

Now if the answer is no to those questions then "charisma, leadership, ability to teach and connect based on a resume."
mean nothing to me. I want tangible results from a potential OC candidate. I don't want " but I can learn"
Great and when you are the Bears HC you can make decisions based on your criteria. Others have a different criteria and we will have to wait to watch the games to see the results.

Also this was a huge tangent. You asked if I thought he was the most qualified and I told you I already answered. Since you seem to not be able to read, I already said he does not appear to be the most qualified on paper.

However, I know of no company that hires people based just off of resumes and without an interview so that clearly means most companies consider an interview important. You did not interview him so your opinion is based in an incomplete picture.

Is Getsy the most qualified on paper? No. Does that mean he is not the most qualified? No.

I was looking focused at the 2nd line. In any case, the "resume" topic was off tangent. You were responding to
>>>#309
I made a living interviewing ppl. My question is are we interviewing the most qualified for the OC position based on the available candidates, background and accomplishment? What does getsy bring to the table vs the available candidates ?

BTW.....they said Nagy "interviewed well".

Again.......

For the purposes of this discussion, which is about Fields' Qb development and hiring the best most qualified OC....

I want to know have u done in you career with regards to Qb development?
Have u ever run a pro offense?
Have u called plays at any point?

Now if the answer is no to those questions then "charisma, leadership, ability to teach and connect based on a resume."
mean nothing to me. I want tangible results from a potential OC candidate. I don't want " but I can learn"

*****We know the Bears interviewed a guy that was a yes to those questions. ?

remydat said​

he does not appear to be the most qualified on paper.

Right.....I'll end on that note

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
is this really the best the Bears could do? The most talented young QB they’ve had in years and they get Luke Getsy? I’ll give him a chance but we had guys like Daboll, Leftwich, McDaniels and Harbaugh available and this is the route they choose? Sorry, I really hope I’m wrong but this just feels like more of the same. ?‍♂️

TL1961

Liked Posts:
It's an odd hire, no doubt. Hopefully they get Brady to come as QB coach or the like. And Callahan.
What's odd about a QB coach moving up to an OC position?

It happens every year during this cycle.

Robocop 80

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Houston Astros
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Miami Hurricanes
Winman again.

Attachments

• 947232EB-2AD0-48AB-9B5A-9FC527EFB0FF.png
    947232EB-2AD0-48AB-9B5A-9FC527EFB0FF.png
    204.7 KB · Views: 12

Canth

Liked Posts:
Interesting that Harold Winman thinks Kafka was the true #1 target. He thinks Getsy coming here means Rodgers is gone for sure as well. We shall see.

as for the QB coach I’ll read those articles thanks for posting!

While not really knowing anything about what it takes to be an NFL coach or coordinator, I will say that I am happier with Getsy over Kafka.

Getsy is 37 with 14 years of coaching experience. His only NFL coaching experience has been with Green Bay, but he has been with 6 different colleges as coach. So, he has seen and experienced several different environments and presumably different systems. I also like that he has a background as coaching both WR and QB's. It just seems to me that you see more success with guys that did more than just coach the QB group.

Kafka is 34 with 5 years of coaching experience and outside of his first year as a grad assistant as Northwestern, it's all been with KC and Reid and basically just as a qb coach or offensive quality control coach, etc. We have seen that shit before, no need to repeat.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
What's odd about a QB coach moving up to an OC position?

It happens every year during this cycle.
He's never called plays, never OC at any level (I think), he was a WR coach until the last few years, never been above 3rd in command of an NFL offense. I'm not against it, but this is a pretty low experience hire.

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:
He's never called plays, never OC at any level (I think), he was a WR coach until the last few years. I'm not against it, but this is a pretty low experience hire.
Well apparently from some of my sources whomst I have twitter direct messengered such as Greg Gabriel and Harold Winman is that Getsby has roots deep within the Shanahan coaching tree and he branches off of that with deep passing and also RPOs with some QB designed runs to keep the defence literally honest so maybe it is his time to shine?