Report: Bears offer OC job to Packers QB coach Luke Getsy

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I just... i dont know. i like hes connected to the Shanny tree but thats about it.

Wellness check on @run and shoot

dennehy

Liked Posts:
It's an odd hire, no doubt. Hopefully they get Brady to come as QB coach or the like. And Callahan.

Canth

Liked Posts:
I just... i dont know. i like hes connected to the Shanny tree but thats about it.

Wellness check on @run and shoot

I find it promising that it sounded like Hackett wanted to bring him to Denver. I saw a rumor that Quinn was also suggesting to bring him in as an OC and I believe he interviewed for OC with Carolina. So, other NFL people saw the potential in him as well.

Canth

Liked Posts:
It's an odd hire, no doubt. Hopefully they get Brady to come as QB coach or the like. And Callahan.

Those would also be really good hires into the offensive coaching staff. Although the interesting bit with Joe Brady as QB coach is that he has never done it before. He was a WR and has been more of a WR coach. That doesn't mean he can't be a good QB coach, but I think it highlights that Fields needs to find a really good personal QB coach to work with in the offseason.

From a looking forward point of view, I am intrigued by the idea of Joe Brady joining the staff to learn, gain experience, and potentially be in a position to take over as OC if/when Getsy is hired to be a HC somewhere down the line. That is the kind of forward thinking that Eberflus is going to need to have to make this work in the long run, assuming he finds enough success in the near term to last to the long run....

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I think u know who we've interviewed and what they bring to the table qualifications-wise.

Look at this way.....this guy has never been a pro OC, never called plays, never designed a pro offense & playbook and never had a history of Qb development. And the Bears are giving him a chance to do all this......AND HE HAS TO THINK about it. What does this say about him? What the heck does this about the Bear org.

I mean I don't know whether to laugh :LOL: or cry about this. ?

:obama:
I don’t care what you do about it, honestly…

It's was never about me. I was joking. The discussion was about Getsy. Now if don't care about Getsy fine.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Now pep for qb coach or something like that

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Those would also be really good hires into the offensive coaching staff. Although the interesting bit with Joe Brady as QB coach is that he has never done it before. He was a WR and has been more of a WR coach. That doesn't mean he can't be a good QB coach, but I think it highlights that Fields needs to find a really good personal QB coach to work with in the offseason.

From a looking forward point of view, I am intrigued by the idea of Joe Brady joining the staff to learn, gain experience, and potentially be in a position to take over as OC if/when Getsy is hired to be a HC somewhere down the line. That is the kind of forward thinking that Eberflus is going to need to have to make this work in the long run, assuming he finds enough success in the near term to last to the long run....
Brady has been an OC and playcaller, which is one reason why he'd be a good fit with Getsy.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The name now for QB coach I keep seeing is Joe Brady.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I find it promising that it sounded like Hackett wanted to bring him to Denver. I saw a rumor that Quinn was also suggesting to bring him in as an OC and I believe he interviewed for OC with Carolina. So, other NFL people saw the potential in him as well.
I think he also interviewed with DEN for their HC position.

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:
If the Bears literally get Tom Brady to retire and become Justin Feilds'es QB coach I will literally **** bricks and cream my jeans at the same time simultaneously from the excitement of the GOAT coaching the young baby kid goat but whomst have you heard this rumour from? It literally made my **** hard Holy crap Tom Brady no way that would be awesome opossum!

Rise

Liked Posts:
So any HC in Houston has to take Pep? Seems like a McCaskey move.

Canth

Liked Posts:
Now pep for qb coach or something like that

I doubt that happens, there are still a lot of openings in this hiring cycles that he may get a shot at being an OC.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
If the Bears literally get Tom Brady to retire and become Justin Feilds'es QB coach I will literally **** bricks and cream my jeans at the same time simultaneously from the excitement of the GOAT coaching the young baby kid goat but whomst have you heard this rumour from? It literally made my **** hard Holy crap Tom Brady no way that would be awesome opossum!
Simultaneous creams and bricks would literally be the tits!

Canth

Liked Posts:
I think he also interviewed with DEN for their HC position.

Yeah, I remember reading that. And that highlights for me that if he builds a successful offense in Chicago with Fields, then he is likely hired to be HC coach at some point in the next couple of years. So while it would be a good problem to have, Eberflus and Poles need to have an eye on building a sustainable offensive system that can build on promotions from within to keep it going with Fields.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Yeah, I remember reading that. And that highlights for me that if he builds a successful offense in Chicago with Fields, then he is likely hired to be HC coach at some point in the next couple of years. So while it would be a good problem to have, Eberflus and Poles need to have an eye on building a sustainable offensive system that can build on promotions from within to keep it going with Fields.

Thats what Joe Brady is. A bright mind who got promoted to early, can take a step back, learn, and ideally be ready for when that great problem arises. Seems like a solid plan.

Robocop 80

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Houston Astros
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Miami Hurricanes
Per Harold Winman retweet of Adam Schefter

Attachments