Report: Bears offer OC job to Packers QB coach Luke Getsy

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Everyone with experience at HC or OC has lost their job doing it at some point. There's no win/win here.
Yep. There will be something to complain about, or be unsure about, no matter what.

oso4lyf

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Miami Hurricanes
He was never an OC or ever called plays at LSU, so maybe that OC job in the NFL was too much for him to handle. Good thing he won't be calling plays with the Bears. I'm sure the Bears could use his vertical passing designs though. Supposedly he was involved with the passing game with the Saints before going to LSU
So, you think that LSU team that one of the greatest offenses in CFB history had Enmsinger calling plays? ??

Enmsimger has never in his life had an offense like that one. He's a power run OC. Burrow looked like absolute crap the year before with him as OC.

And you think he called playa over Brady? ?

Canth

Liked Posts:
He has never done it in the NFL. Night and Day

Everyone has to start somewhere and at least he has a little bit of experience in it in college to not be at ground zero.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
As long as he doesnt run Cohen up the middle on 3rd and 3, I’ll accept him.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
So. He’s been on an NFL team for a while. We either get a recycle or an up and comer.

people will complain about both.
You dont bring in a guy with no experience calling plays and give him a second year young QB. It reeks of disaster and Im not a Bears fan. Maybe he beats the odds, but he is already put in a shitty situation

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Fozzie Land, Muppet City, The Former US of A
You dont bring in a guy with no experience calling plays and give him a second year young QB. It reeks of disaster and Im not a Bears fan. Maybe he beats the odds, but he is already put in a shitty situation

year 1........run, run and run some more.... PA, rollouts, rpos.. solid d.. rodgers gone.. bears wearing that north crown...

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I was looking focused at the 2nd line. In any case, the "resume" topic was off tangent. You were responding to
>>>#309

Again.......

For the purposes of this discussion, which is about Fields' Qb development and hiring the best most qualified OC....

I want to know have u done in you career with regards to Qb development?
Have u ever run a pro offense?
Have u called plays at any point?

Now if the answer is no to those questions then "charisma, leadership, ability to teach and connect based on a resume."
mean nothing to me. I want tangible results from a potential OC candidate. I don't want " but I can learn"

*****We know the Bears interviewed a guy that was a yes to those questions. ?

Right.....I'll end on that note

Yes thanks for finally reading my post where I had already answered your question.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He's never called plays, never OC at any level (I think), he was a WR coach until the last few years, never been above 3rd in command of an NFL offense. I'm not against it, but this is a pretty low experience hire.

It is but probably wanted someone who likely needs 2-3 years before getting a HC gig.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If they do miss out on Brady, Greg Olson could be an option as QB coach. He’s an experienced play caller whose offenses have mostly been above average but he’d also bring experience to a very green offensive staff.

Just a thought but he does have a lot of QB coach experience. Of course the flip side of that is most of the young QBs he coached ended up sucking in the long run… Freeman, Goff, Gabbert, Henne, Pryor…

He was Carr’s OC his rookie year (and since 2018) and Goff turned from straight up bust to pro bowler his year there.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Worked for the Rams back in 2017?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Last edited:

dennehy

Liked Posts:
It is but probably wanted someone who likely needs 2-3 years before getting a HC gig.
I'm not against the hire. It will be a big step up in responsibility from anything he's done before most likely.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
He has never done it in the NFL. Night and Day
Just like any current OC at some point. Nobody is born out the pussy with “called offensive plays” on their resume already. There’a a starting point for everyone and anyone who has called plays.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Zac Taylor called plays for like 5 games back on 2015. He was hired as Bengals HC after being a QB coach.

Don't think people appreciate that these decisions are largely based on discussions that happen behind closed doors that we are not privy too. Time will tell if he was the right choice.