Report: Eagles tried trading Howard

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Are you dumb. If they had Blount and now wanted Howard or Gordon it obviously means they have have two sets of characteristics. Guys like Clement, Sanders and Sproles as well as guys like Blount, Howard and Gordon.

Or do you think teams are allowed to only have one set of characteristics?
Honestly, I think that all teams have one set of characteristics of RBs they would like to have.

However; a RB that runs routes and catches like Jerry Rice, has moves like Barry Sanders, has the all-around game of Walter Payton, are power backs with elite speed like Earl Campbell and Bo Jackson do not come around very often.

These teams then have to make up their ideal RBs using several RBs with a portion of all of these characteristics.

In that, you are completely correct.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Last I checked, he made Philly's 53 and it's not because they gave up a 6th. They just cut their 5th round pick. Trying to trade him for Gordon is not devaluing him in any way.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
of course it is.

Put him on a team where you just go out and smash mouth football some defense and run the ball right down their throats and he is a star. Football has evolved to trick plays and 30 million dollar a year players. Sad that this part of the game is over.
I am surprised Tennessee did not get him.

He would have been the backup battering ram (give the starting battering ram a break) behind a line that loves to run.

Dallas would have been another good spot for him. A backup battering ram with a great offensive line.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Already answered this. That previous discussion circled around bringing a new player in then sending him off to another team via trade. That it supposedly kept players from coming to said team because of it. Reality is that the NFL is a business like any other and assets are traded equally as such.
Whatever you have to tell yourself. Get back to me when you find the first instance of a newly signed free agent that got traded a few months later(excluding any player driven trades).

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Like I previously said if you wanna call that a role go ahead. If that’s the case it’s a very minimal one.

Lol not a question of what I want to call. Objectively speaking it is a role. Based on your own logic it is a role.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Honestly, I think that all teams have one set of characteristics of RBs they would like to have.

However; a RB that runs routes and catches like Jerry Rice, has moves like Barry Sanders, has the all-around game of Walter Payton, are power backs with elite speed like Earl Campbell and Bo Jackson do not come around very often.

These teams then have to make up their ideal RBs using several RBs with a portion of all of these characteristics.

In that, you are completely correct.

Sure but Sanders and Sproles dont fit the above so if WCBF claims they fit a role or characteristics Philly wants then by the same token so does Blount and Howard.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Sure but Sanders and Sproles dont fit the above so if WCBF claims they fit a role or characteristics Philly wants then by the same token so does Blount and Howard.
Like I said, if there is not a RB that fits every characteristic, then teams find all those characteristics with many RBs getting some of those characteristics.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Lol not a question of what I want to call. Objectively speaking it is a role. Based on your own logic it is a role.
Sure if we’re playing semantics it’s a role. But it’s also a very small role that is easily replaceable.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Sure if we’re playing semantics it’s a role. But it’s also a very small role that is easily replaceable.

Lol, not sure how that is semantics. You claim he is playing the Blount role. Blount had 176 carries the last time he played in Philly. That is not a small role genius. That is over 10 carries a game. You truly have no idea what you are talking about.

More than likely Sanders and Howard will split carries. If Eagles run the ball 400-450 times a year then you probably looking at Howard and Sanders getting 125 to 150 carries each with another 100 carries or so given to the other RBs.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Whatever you have to tell yourself. Get back to me when you find the first instance of a newly signed free agent that got traded a few months later(excluding any player driven trades).

What is the point in that at all? The simple fact is that teams will and do shop players regardless of what you or I feel about it and clearly they don't care if the player just got there either. Thread being case in point. History doesn't preclude present or future.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Bears drafted Monty and signed Davis even tho they have Cohen on the roster, so obviously the Bears think Cohen sucks.

CCS logic is fascinating, someone should write a book on how mentally deficient some of you are.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Lol what? They still have Sproles and Clement on the roster on top of Sanders.
They cut 3 guys, Wendall Smallwood among them. Smallwood went to Redskins the instant he was cut.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
You seriously think Jordan Howard is the #1 back in Philly because he’s #1 on the depth chart? Montgomery is also our #3 back I guess I shouldn’t be looking forward to seeing him play Thursday.
I'd bet Howard gets his 1000 yds back before I'd write him off.
Your thoughts on him baffle me.
Baffler

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Bears drafted Monty and signed Davis even tho they have Cohen on the roster, so obviously the Bears think Cohen sucks.

CCS logic is fascinating, someone should write a book on how mentally deficient some of you are.
Who would read it to them?