REPORT: Sweat’s reported distaste for the Bears could complicate an extension.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
it's common practice around the league to have an agreement in place or at least discuss a deal prior to a huge trade like this, Poles DID NOT talk to them to set parameters for a deal which now means if he has to tag him he will lose Jaylon Johnson. Our "King" Poles might be good at identifying talent, but he SUCKS at negotiations. How long was this rebuild going to last again? If you're in year 4 or 5 of rebuild, and are about to let talented guys you developed walk because they cost too much, what is the point of all this? I trusted in this guy but after seeing him get smoked in the Claypool fiasco and now hearing this, I think he needs to go or hire a pro negotiator Poles is a lead scout attempting to negotiate.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am really finding this hard to believe, if Poles traded a top ten second round pick for Sweat, without even having preliminary extension talks, he needs to be shown the door immediately.

Can he really be THAT stupid?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
This trade is beginning to look worse than the Claypool trade.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
The Atlanta Falcons are a known destination for chasing rings. Sounds like more clickbait…

Atlanta is a horseshit market too. Bandwagon fans only…

The last time I went there to watch the Bears, Ryan had to call time out because it was too loud.

It was basically a home game for Chicago.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
its clickbait, nothing more. he will suit up and play out this season, likely enjoy the city of chicago and then when the brinks truck gets backed up to his door he will sign the extension to stay in chicago.

Bust

Liked Posts:
nothing burger click bait trash by the op with the SEVERAL REPORTS tag with zero sources, LUL. OP is getting lazy. Go make some throwaway tweets as source links next time bruh

$$$$ talks. Only so much cash to go around when quarterbacks are making buck. Wonder what Justin's agent will command in 2 seasons cause QB contracts will surely go up again.

Look at DeShaun Watson's contract. 63 MILLION CAP HIT.

He's done nothing for the Browns. lol

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lol, if he’s interested in a ring, the Falcons aren’t much closer to that than the Bears are.

I'd disagree. The Falcons are a very good example of a team that is a decent QB away from being a contender. They have a lot of talent on the offensive side of the ball and their D has been solid this year. They rank 6th in yards allowed per game and 14th in points allowed per game. In 2022, their O-line was also pretty good, but they've taken a step back this year. Though, I think a lot of their problems stem from Desmond Ridder. Holds the ball too long, no awareness in the pocket, etc.

If they didn't have a QB that turned the ball over so much, they could very well be 6-2 or maybe even 7-1 this year.

Maybe the Falcons aren't super close to winning a ring, they're definitely closer than we are. We need more than just a decent QB to compete for one... we need.... a lot.