REPORT: Sweat’s reported distaste for the Bears could complicate an extension.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You can’t look at it that way without looking at the other way:

They have been extremely lucky in close games. They could easily just as be 1-7. This is a team that will go into next year thinking they are legit but in reality they will end up regressing back to the mean and fall flat on their face. Especially if they win their shit division and have to actually play legit teams more often.

Right, but again, it all centers around Ridder. They win games with a bad QB and hang in there even when he sucks. That's a sign that the overall team isn't necessarily the problem... it's the QB. Change that and suddenly the Falcons look like a much better team.

We've also had an easy schedule this year. Why aren't we winning close games against bad teams like the Falcons? Because they're better than us.

I think most people would say that if the Falcons had a decent QB, they could easily win 11-13 games. No one would say that about the Bears. Even with a good QB, the rest of the team is so bad that we could possibly pull out 6-7 wins.

Sure, the Falcons wins would come against weaker competition, but you can only play who's on your schedule. Philly had one of the weakest schedules in the NFL last season, and yet people still thought they were a good team as they made a run to a super bowl appearance. Not saying the Falcons are the Eagles with a better QB, but they'd definitely be closer to them than the Bears would be. That's my argument.

As far as next year is concerned, it all depends on the offseason. The Falcons have a better base than we do. If they make the right moves, they're right there in the playoff contention. Even if we make the right moves though, we likely don't see the playoffs for another year or two.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Sure hope an Extension get done, Sweat is a proven player, still in his prime. Adding him to that line makes every other player better.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Then is can’t be worse. Terrible trade but Claypool was a colossal mistake.
It is much worse if you end up with a player set to become a FA and he doesn't want to play for you. Sure you can tag him against his will for 20 mil and let your other star on Defense walk for nothing but where does it all get you?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It is much worse if you end up with a player set to become a FA and he doesn't want to play for you. Sure you can tag him against his will for 20 mil and let your other star on Defense walk for nothing but where does it all get you?
Johnson isn’t a star but he is a damn good player. Stars actually get more than 3 INT’s in 4 years.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
If Jeremy Fowler says so then it must be true.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Eberflus just said in press conference that he spoke with Sweat and he is very excited about being a Bear. Physical today then practice tomorrow, should be good to go Sunday.

Don't ask me why, but for some reason I believe him.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
How can it be “much worse” if the value you gave up was more for Claypool but with the same end result with Sweat?

greg23

Liked Posts:
Eberflus just said in press conference that he spoke with Sweat and he is very excited about being a Bear. Physical today then practice tomorrow, should be good to go Sunday.

Don't ask me why, but for some reason I believe him.
If that's what Fluberbus said then the opposite is most likely.

Excited to cash 9 games worth of checks while taking 2.5 months of PTO, remaining healthy then heading to FA to sign elsewhere.

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:
If that's what Fluberbus said then the opposite is most likely.

Excited to cash 9 games worth of checks while taking 2.5 months of PTO, remaining healthy then heading to FA to sign elsewhere.
Do you have any sources that say otherwise because if you don't which you never do and don't even ever even have statistics then maybe perhaps you are literally blowing smoke out of the inside of your ***hole and should shut the **** up.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Listening to this Eberflus presser and it is beyond parody, it's so funny. Montez goes from Dan Snyder to now another dysfunctional organization. I would not blame him one bit if he didn't sign an extension, this guy sounds like an idiot.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Do you have any sources that say otherwise because if you don't which you never do and don't even ever even have statistics then maybe perhaps you are literally blowing smoke out of the inside of your ***hole and should shut the **** up.

Are you wearing your safety helmet today?