REPORT: Sweat’s reported distaste for the Bears could complicate an extension.

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
IF THIS IS TRUE, this definitely would be a big blunder for Poles. I can't find any true facts to actually align with this other than there was mention of Atlanta being interested. This article screams more of a reporter taking something and making a story line that probably isn't there. If it plays out that they can't get a reasonable deal done for Sweat, it likely further makes the case for seeing Poles out of town. I tend to think Poles knows the egg on his face from the Claypool trade and I really doubt he jumped into this trade without having talked through an extension framework. If he didn't do that, he doesn't deserve a GM role any where but lets pause and see what happens before running him out of town.

msadows

Liked Posts:
so I read your article and no where does it say in the tweets that sweat wanted to go to atlanta outside of bill zimmerman saying it.

Can we get a thread ban for jordan sigler posting fake news?

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:
IF THIS IS TRUE, this definitely would be a big blunder for Poles. I can't find any true facts to actually align with this other than there was mention of Atlanta being interested. This article screams more of a reporter taking something and making a story line that probably isn't there. If it plays out that they can't get a reasonable deal done for Sweat, it likely further makes the case for seeing Poles out of town. I tend to think Poles knows the egg on his face from the Claypool trade and I really doubt he jumped into this trade without having talked through an extension framework. If he didn't do that, he doesn't deserve a GM role any where but lets pause and see what happens before running him out of town.
@JordanSigler can you please confirm that this is not acturally true and literally a writer's trick towards prospective readers to entice them towards clicking on the article and reading it? If you do not wish to confirm this inside the inside of this thread I would appreciate a direct message from you which I will insure privacy for but would appreciate the gesture as this trade now has me very consternated and would like to be reassured that I graded it correctly in the poll from the thread @bamainatlanta made this morning please.

msadows

Liked Posts:
@JordanSigler can you please confirm that this is not acturally true and literally a writer's trick towards prospective readers to entice them towards clicking on the article and reading it? If you do not wish to confirm this inside the inside of this thread I would appreciate a direct message from you which I will insure privacy for but would appreciate the gesture as this trade now has me very consternated and would like to be reassured that I graded it correctly in the poll from the thread @bamainatlanta made this morning please.
Its based on a jeremy fowler hit

Fowler: No colossal losers here, but I’ll point to a pair of teams in the NFC South. Atlanta had its sights set on Sweat, but Washington went with Chicago’s offer. That left the Falcons without much-needed pass-rush help. And my understanding is Atlanta was willing to extend Sweat’s contract as part of the deal and that Sweat wanted to go to Atlanta, where he has family. All of that fell through. Coming out of this with former Eagle Kentavius Street for a late-round pick swap is anticlimactic.

Stupid thread by a bad writer :)

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm the biggest Bears skeptic out there and there is literally nothing here. Speculation that he MIGHT not like the Bears is just that, speculation. There is nothing concrete here, just a shit season with bad reporting to make it even shittier. I am not a huge Poles fan, but I'd like to think he's not fucking dumb enough to pull this shit back to back years after the Claypool disaster.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I'm the biggest Bears skeptic out there and there is literally nothing here. Speculation that he MIGHT not like the Bears is just that, speculation. There is nothing concrete here, just a shit season with bad reporting to make it even shittier. I am not a huge Poles fan, but I'd like to think he's not fucking dumb enough to pull this shit back to back years after the Claypool disaster.

Its legit just fowler saying he preferred going to atlanta, since he was born there.

I'm sure any player would rather go play for their hometown team/franchise if given the choice.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

The only reason I belive its not the same is that they COULDNT extend Claypool after the trade, even if they had wanted to. He wasn't in the final year so he wasn't eligible for extensions. Not so with Sweat, usually teams trading players allow said players and their agent to lay groundwork for a deal. Claypool was not an expiring contract, and Sweat is

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
How can it be “much worse” if the value you gave up was more for Claypool but with the same end result with Sweat?
For one, Claypool was cheap and not about to become a costly FA. These are things taken into consideration of all trades. If you want to believe there's a huge difference between the 1st pick of the 2nd round and 2nd or 3rd, go ahead and be that dork.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
im shocked nobody has mentioned this already, but if he has all this family in ATL...how come HE CHOSE to go to Michigan state for school?

Like, if being close to family is THAT important to him, why did he choose to go to the state of Michigan? this "report" is just sillyness

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Poles needs to get straight to work with Sweat on a new contract or at least get something out there to him and his agent so they know you're serious about not only paying him but getting this team built to win.