REPORT: Sweat’s reported distaste for the Bears could complicate an extension.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Jordan is getting dragged like a dead gladiator in the Roman coliseum

Lethal_Law

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Who would put the Bears high on their list? So if Poles was only going to look for guys that made a list and put the Bears at the top, he'd probably never get anything going. We don't know the conversation they had and the insight Poles may have provided Sweat about the direction he sees for the future of the Bears. He is going to have to take risks and at least he's got the balls to do so.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Trying to figure out how an extension could be complicated when there’s no way in hell Poles made the trade without word from Sweat and his agent that they would sign a deal.

I was amazed listening to national radio this week and they kept bringing up the same thing. “What if he doesn’t sign? You wasted a second round pick and you’re not going to the playoffs anyway. It makes no sense. You could have signed him in FA.” it’s not very complicated. If Chicago doesn’t trade for him somebody else would have. Washington clearly wanted to get a deal done. He would have then signed an extension with whoever traded for him. he was never hitting thr market.

I don’t know if people are fucking stupid or just want to stir the pot and be negative. “Oh the Bears suck. Let’s angle this story in a way to shit on them.” And then they all praised the 49ers deal for Young which is basically a rental for a 3rd. I know it’s completely different because they’re going for a Super Bowl. It was fine I guess. But it wasn’t some great deal for San Fran like every podcaster and radio guy I heard talking about it was making it out to be.

Last edited:

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Trying to figure out how an extension could be complicated when there’s no way in hell Poles made the trade without word from Sweat and his agent that they would sign a deal.

I was amazed listening to national radio this week and they kept bringing up the same thing. “What if he doesn’t sign? You wasted a second round pick and you’re not going to the playoffs anyway. It makes no sense. You could have signed him in FA.” it’s not very complicated. If Chicago doesn’t trade for him somebody else would have. Washington clearly wanted to get a deal done. He would have then signed an extension with whoever traded for him. he was never hitting thr market.

I don’t know if people are fucking stupid or just want to stir the pot and be negative. “Oh the Bears suck. Let’s angle this story in a way to shit on them.” And then they all praised the 49ers deal for Young which is basically a rental for a 3rd. I know it’s completely different because they’re going for a Super Bowl. It was fine I guess. But it wasn’t some great deal for San Fran like every podcaster and radio guy I heard talking about it was making it out to be.
The San Francisco deal was brilliant though, no need to knock it

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
The San Francisco deal was brilliant though, no need to knock it

I thought it was fine. They’re going for a Super Bowl. These are the risks you take when you’re trying to win a championship. Not sure how it was great though. Since when are third round picks meaningless? I listened to multiple radio hosts and podcasters grade both deals and every single one of them shit on the bears deal and praised the San Fran deal. And they all said the same thing. They couldn’t grasp that Chicago clearly didn’t make the trade without knowing beforehand that Sweat would sign a deal. And that if it wasn’t Chicago it would have been someone else doing the same thing. And that Young is a rental. And they all kept ignoring Young’s injury history. You’d think Young was an all pro and Sweat was a bum they way they talked about them. I don’t think any of them actually looked at it objectively. It was more like “Chicago is a dumpster fire and San Fran is good so we’ll angle it in a way to shit on Chicago and praise San Fran.“

Bust

Liked Posts: